RTNP to Unreal update

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dinwitty

DeRegistered User
Nov 10, 1999
midwest,USA
www.qtm.net
whoa big crash there. Nothing lost here.

As before the project is practically complete, I am debating about releasing whether to wait for the 227 or release sooner with a 227 patch later.

There details to work on still and tests before release.

I want to get to work on the full "Search" work which will be nearly all new content.

RTNP DM maps will be included (converted) and the GWpress maps tested and worked.
Originals will be included but kept separate for safety but those with the mad skilz can go at them at their own accord...8-D

Disclaimor..all content meant for the game Unreal.

Last edited:

Hyper

Hyper.nl Unreal Services
Nov 21, 2003
Planet Earth
www.hypercoop.tk
My reply, also given at UnrealSP thread:

It would be nice if you can already put out a release candidate version to have something to play with / test while waiting for the final version. (Quite a lot of time passed since the last beta, I'm interested in the current state/progress)

dinwitty

DeRegistered User
Nov 10, 1999
midwest,USA
www.qtm.net
I am assembling what I am calling a Semi-Beta release. It will be a release, but expect patches-updates.

Work is being done coding-wise for the 227 patch but as it stands now and its purpose is to be compatible to the Mac version 224 plus all the current versions.
Basically if you own a MAC Unreal you get to finally play the RTNP maps plus goodies.

When and if the 227 patch is out I will likely have a patch for the project so it can be used in the ways you choose.

I believe a majority of Unreal players are on PC's but wont leave out the MAC folks at some jointure, the issue is online playability and I hope MACs could join specific PC servers.

I had a showstopper bug and I found the solution. Once fixed I'll be online testing privately but you might see the server using my nick from time to time. Don't expect to join it would be password protected.
I'm only on 56k so that kilz me and the players.

Its on its way.

dinwitty

DeRegistered User
Nov 10, 1999
midwest,USA
www.qtm.net
Its being coded to run in the UT 436 and current 224+ versions and upcoming 227 patch, so we gotcha covered. OldSkool mod in UT ya runs it in.

Asgard got me new code, looks good, semi-beta as soon as I can get it together.
Semi-Beta...it will be a release, but expect any code update patches or whatever.

DRT-Maverick

Lover of Earwigs
Dec 4, 1999
Reno, NV
This will be excellent. I've got a catacomb map that needs those Nali Skeletons in them to really make it convincing. This'll seriously add to my mapping potential. :)

Asgard

Oct 6, 2000
Visit site
Anyone had any bugs in the latest UMSspacemarines? I need to do a final, which is to be the last ver. Providing theres no bugs it shouldnt take long to update it or I can wait until the final ver is released.

Exus Tecius

like diamonds in the sky
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
:)
hey asgard.i dunno about eventual bugs.i just saw you online now and wanted to say hi.
BTW: you both should release this mod before most of us get bald.
i already got some grey hairs meanwhile since its announced.:lol:
joke.

Edit: thug life here changed nick. ;)

Last edited:

dinwitty

DeRegistered User
Nov 10, 1999
midwest,USA
www.qtm.net

Hyper

Hyper.nl Unreal Services
Nov 21, 2003
Planet Earth
www.hypercoop.tk
Fixed spinner/predators are in the final RTNP2Unreal, to avoid compatibility problems, once its out, it should work fine.

Yeah, Asgard gave out new versions, they seem to work quite nice.

BTW RTNP2Unreal delayed...but for some goodness to go in.

Exactly what I expected. (I've been confronted with delays since I learned about this project in 2003) But anyways, what about an intermediate beta/RC release as requested earlier in this thread? I'm quite sure you must have come quite far since the old beta that I'm still running now. And it gives you the time to develop further to a final version.

dinwitty

DeRegistered User
Nov 10, 1999
midwest,USA
www.qtm.net
Yeah, Asgard gave out new versions, they seem to work quite nice.

Exactly what I expected. (I've been confronted with delays since I learned about this project in 2003) But anyways, what about an intermediate beta/RC release as requested earlier in this thread? I'm quite sure you must have come quite far since the old beta that I'm still running now. And it gives you the time to develop further to a final version.

I felt really close to releasing but I had Asgard check things, and found some stuff. Too much new stuff to release, and now not in condition to beta out.
Already changes since Asgard checked.

dinwitty

DeRegistered User
Nov 10, 1999
midwest,USA
www.qtm.net
Whats happening easy/medium playing will be close to the RTNP design with the alterations already done, but Hard/Unreal modes the playing experience may be altogether different and the intensity really hyped up. Get ready to rumble!

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
You mean, in Easy you get Skaarj, and in Medium you get Mercs in Gala?

In easy mode you fight Skaarj Lords and normal Ice Skaarj in Watcher of the Skies and Gala. In other difficulties you fight Mercenaries, while in Unreal difficulty you have to take down two StoneTitans in Watcher.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
I'm used to fighting six stone titans and one big megatitan in watcher. But yeah, that's coop mode and in UTLNP. Single player can be so tedious/monotonous.

Why skaarj on easy and mercs on medium? Mercs are easier than skaarj imho. Pop their head like a balloon. Piece of cake. Skaarj tend to side dodge quite often.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Titans are generally easy.

Mercenaries are stronger than Skaarj Warriors, because they have a Machine Gun which hits you all the time and obviously God Mode.
The Skaarj Warriors are easily outsmarted and hardly pose a threat, unlike the Troopers, plus they suck on ice surfaces.