1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rise Of The Triad Returns... In UE3

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by hal, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Vaskadar

Vaskadar It's time I look back from outer space

Ahh, I see, the threads were consolidated! Excellent.

2. Sjosz

Sjosz (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Nostalgia trip gooooooooooooo!

3. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

haha ur funny kiddie who thinks we find dis gaem garbage beecuz grafix,

;);)

4. BoneofFear

BoneofFear The American Dying Machine

Wow you must really be scrapping the bottom of the barrel to think I'm funny in anyway shape or form,which does include sarcasm :lol:

5. Northrawn

Northrawn New Member

It is pre-alpha (as it says everywhere). And you expect it to look great already and have a finished AI?

ROFL.

6. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

Even in its current state it looks like good old ROTT. I'm certainly excited for it.

7. Balton

Balton The Beast of Worship

Best thing about rott was the eyeball that'd fly towards you after gibbing enemies with rockets :)

8. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

What better time to make a game trailer on a pre-aplha.

ROFL.

9. Northrawn

Northrawn New Member

Of course there is no better time, because there is only ONE Quakecon each year, and to have the chance to not only be the first non-id game ever to be revealed at Quakecon but also to open Quakecon with it. And you have to reveal with moving pictures (i.e: Trailer) to get enough inetrest. It was also the perfect place to have people playtest it.

That's why it got covered on so many gaming sites. And Quakecon wasn't postponed just to have the game in a more recent state,

But I can understand that many people don't understand that.

PS: Have you seen the very first Borderlands 1 screenshots that came out 2007. A lot looked so bland and boring. But they released them early to hype the game. Trust me, these companies know what they are doing.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  10. alex904

alex904 New Member

Original ROTT was a tech demo as well, why make new one better than original? :) The original was fun for few first levels. New weapons, some humor, less dull than Wolf 3D, but levels turned out too big and boring. They just did not have time to finish the game.