Rise Of The Triad Returns... In UE3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Northrawn

Feb 21, 2009
It is pre-alpha (as it says everywhere). And you expect it to look great already and have a finished AI?

ROFL.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Even in its current state it looks like good old ROTT. I'm certainly excited for it.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Best thing about rott was the eyeball that'd fly towards you after gibbing enemies with rockets :)

Northrawn

Feb 21, 2009
What better time to make a game trailer on a pre-aplha.

ROFL.

Of course there is no better time, because there is only ONE Quakecon each year, and to have the chance to not only be the first non-id game ever to be revealed at Quakecon but also to open Quakecon with it. And you have to reveal with moving pictures (i.e: Trailer) to get enough inetrest. It was also the perfect place to have people playtest it.

That's why it got covered on so many gaming sites. And Quakecon wasn't postponed just to have the game in a more recent state,

But I can understand that many people don't understand that.

PS: Have you seen the very first Borderlands 1 screenshots that came out 2007. A lot looked so bland and boring. But they released them early to hype the game. Trust me, these companies know what they are doing.

Last edited:

alex904

Feb 24, 2006
Oh please don't let this be a "tech demo" like DNF was... :rolleyes:

Original ROTT was a tech demo as well, why make new one better than original? :) The original was fun for few first levels. New weapons, some humor, less dull than Wolf 3D, but levels turned out too big and boring. They just did not have time to finish the game.