Rise Of The Triad Returns... In UE3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
After a long... long hiatus, Rise of the Triad is returning in the form of a new game powered by Unreal Engine 3. It was originally released in 1995 and intended as an offshoot of Wolfenstein and a sequel was announced by Apogee 2009. This sequel, just seeing the light of day today at Quakecon, is being developed by Interceptor Entertainment for release later this year and will feature full Steamworks integration (achievements, Steam Workshop, etc).

ShackNews has a few additional details:

The game will have you taking on a role in the High-Risk United Nations Taskforce (HUNT) with five unique characters and a 20-stage single-player campaign. It will also feature a multiplayer mode, complete with signature weapons from the original ROTT like Flamewall, Firebomb, Split Missile, Drunk Missile, and Excalibat. It also includes the classic modes like God, Elasto, Mercury, Shrooms, and Dog modes.

Metaltron

choppin' broccoli
Mar 3, 2009
Santa Cruz
steamcommunity.com
yes yes yessssss.

hell even the Apogee fanfare music is enough to make me want it.

I didnt have much people to play with back then for comm-bat, I was the only kid on the block with a system to run it :T

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Rise of the Triad Remake Revealed

[m]http://youtu.be/xhi-7lj7osI[/m]
The old-school shooter from the early 90's known as Rise of the Triad is getting a facelift, and seems to retain many of the old mechanics.

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
Looks clearly UnrealEngine3. They got the stock UT3 rocket effects even!

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
It's strange they're retconning the December 21 1994 1.0 shareware release date as the ROTT date, to February 1995, calling it a 1995 game now.

I mean, Doom's birthday is officially December 10 1993 and Quake's birthday is June 22 1996 and those are their initial shareware release dates (full versions came later), how come ROTT isn't the same for that?

Last edited:

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
ygK8w.gif

Hopefully, we'll also see a return of Raptor: Call of the Shadows. But then again, does it really need a remake or a sequel?

And while we're talking about it, Amok (my avatar) is in SORE need of a remake. So much potential and they really blew it with bad controls among other things.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
It looks like a sac of shit TBH.

Player speed: 10000 / AI speed: Stand still

Last edited:

BoneofFear

The American Dying Machine
Jul 14, 2004
IN DA CHOPPA!
www.myspace.com
It's strange they're retconning the December 21 1994 1.0 shareware release date as the ROTT date, to February 1995, calling it a 1995 game now.

I mean, Doom's birthday is officially December 10 1993 and Quake's birthday is June 22 1996 and those are their initial shareware release dates (full versions came later), how come ROTT isn't the same for that?

My guess,since the name difference between the shareware and full release

Shareware:The Hunt Begins
Full Version:Dark Wars

(insert pic of Alberto Delrio from WWE saying "But you already knew that.)

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
Hopefully, we'll also see a return of Raptor: Call of the Shadows. But then again, does it really need a remake or a sequel?

I doubt it. Mountain King Studios sits on the rights of it. Cygnus/Rogue is long dissolved.

Apogee is known for letting the creators retain their rights, they own very few unique franchises of their own.

Last edited:

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
I'm just happy someone acknowledged its existence after such a long time in the dark. :\