Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Kingsman: The Secret Service-7/10

Nothing more than a fun romp based on the comics. Good for a laugh and enjoyable enough.

kingsmanthesecretservice_coverart_1600x686_b180440d.jpeg

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
With the AI being able to create humans, copy our speech and write essays etc. It feels like we're getting closer to something similar to the matrix.
I mean, how long before we'll be able to walk around a virtual world which pretty much looks (and feels?) very close to the real one? Made with Unreal Eingine 6 or 7..... :D

Maybe the next matrix movie will be completely made by AI.

Reactions: Manticore

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania-5/10

I thought it was a bit derivative and average despite having good visuals, Some of the acting didn't seem really switched on or connected. It really didn't hold my attention.

DB_Payoff_1-Sht_v5a_sm.jpg

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
The Who: The Kids Are Alright-?/10

As far as rock documentaries go this probably isn't that good if you don't already know the band. It's basically TV and film footage of live gigs and TV appearances and some interviews. It really doesn't give a history of the band in detail but does illustrate the insanity, violence, extreme volume and noise that were The Who's trademarks.

For a Who fan it's gold.....................

MS01MTY2LmpwZWc.jpeg

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3-9/10

I thought this was a well written and fun movie and possibly the ending to the Guardians run. Snappy lines, tons of action, great visuals and music. For a third installment this didn't disappoint. Very entertaining............

guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-three-newbutton-1676306275720.jpg

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
The Flash-9/10

I thought this flick remained entertaining, engrossing and action packed while trading on a lot of well known story/plot mechanics. Probably the best DC flick since The Batman.

MV5BMmM3OWU0YWItNTAzMC00YjNlLWJiM2ItODY5NjY0OTA4OTY1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTUzMTg2ODkz._V1_.jpg

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
On the Road-6/10

I always thought this book would be a hard story to translate into film. It's not bad but it really didn't, for me anyway, land the intensity of soul the book gives to this moment in American history and these characters; particularly Dean Moriarty.

It did hit the high point events of the book but overall............

91wtzCv10cL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Hunter

BeyondUnreal Newsie
Aug 20, 2001
...Behind You...
www.unrealfans.com
Oppenheimer-10/10

It was an amazing movie. Didn't notice how long it was as it draws you in and keeps you there.

I've also watched through all 4 chapters of John Wick 8/10 action with a bit of story very enjoyable.
Bullet train 7/10 very enjoyable

Reactions: Manticore

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom-3/10

The buzz around superhero franchises is that they're dying and films like this only add fuel to that fire.

The problem is that these franchises have now developed their own formula for the genre and this film (as well as some other recent DC films) have leaned on that to the max.

There's no reason these franchises have to close but the filmmakers need to reboot their heads over the storytelling factor.

When the most impressive thing about the film is the wavy underwater hair.............. well.

largeposter.jpg

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Ferrari-Something/10

I'm not going to rate this as such because I'm both a fan of motorsport and Ferrari; so the bias children....... I did think the flick was pretty good though.

Being about Ferrari the man it's got to be about the racing too. There are two major accidents in the film and they're both horrific. They really show how insanely dangerous this sport was in the 1950's and, to some extent, still is.

The second accident I'm still reliving in my head. It was shocking to witness.

Micheal Mann did a great job on telling Enzo's story as it was in 1957.
MV5BNTM0YTBlMjctZjJjZS00MDU4LTg5YmQtMDY5Y2FhMWZiMjQ2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzU0NzQxNTE@._V1_.jpg