Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Reefer Madness

A musical with many stars. Its just like going to see a musical play. Campy as hell too. I think you might have to smoke some reefer to truly appreciate it. 5/10

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
Thats the one with Vin Diesel correct? Yeah the directer publicly acknowledged that the film was a complete mess. Goes to show you what happens when a studio gets their way and the directer doesn't get to realize his vision of what the movie should have been.

Yes.

I don't think the director can heap all of the blame on the studio. There were major problems with the production design and art direction that really would have been down to the director before the studio started serious interference. If the movie were an Unreal Tournament map, we would be complaining about random texture selection, lack of coherence, poor verisimilitude etc.

Also what is it with the forums bandwidth. It took nearly 2 minutes to post this message, and even then it bombed out with a database error. Yeesh
I've been getting that repeatedly over the last few days. The post does succeed and the error message assures me that the forum administrators have been informed. That said, I've noticed a higher incidence of double posts over the last few days (the first time I got the error I back paged and submitted again - only to find that the first post had succeeded).

Edit: And it happened to this post.

Last edited:

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
A Clockwork Orange

10/10

I got around to reading the book and then realized I had never seen the film (an instant classic upon it's release, by Stanley Kubrick) all the way through in one sitting.

It was definitely worth the experience, being able to really get into the story and characters; all of whom are exquisitely depraved. And the soundtrack, as you know if you've seen it before, is simply outstanding. Over the echoes of raped women and tortured men come the likes of Beethoven's 9th Symphony, among other jolly pieces of classical music.

If you've never seen this movie you need to do yourself and favor and find it now. Such a dark and thrilling ride with great acting, perfect direction and a compelling story.

Highlights include:
clockwork-orange_l.jpg

yup :tup:

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
I'm singing in the rain, just singing in the rain.. what a glooooriousss feeeeling I'm.. haaaappy again!
Yeah, also one of my all time favourite movies. Pure classic.

drakon

Introverted™
Jan 20, 2008
Besides the great acting, musical score, visuals, it was the dialogue that had me tingling with excitment.

"Can you spare some cutter, me brothers?"

Last edited:

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button- 6.5/10 Although this is well told love story with great acting from both Pitt and Blanchette it will not be one of my favourite Fincher films.

Generally it lacked any of his true visual brilliance to the point where it was too understated a flick. A very memorable story though.......

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian 5.8/10

No seriously, at some point the archer (Susan) looked like she was doing it right, but with the ****ing hand arrow throw kill, Bow insta-kill melee? Don't bull**** me man, they'd be dead like ****. A kid tale - we never die because there's a 3rd movie to make!

Mamma mia 4.5/10

For the efforts put in the montage, and filming.
Oh and Pierce signing was the most terrible moment I had of the year so far.

Last edited:
Doomsday 5/10

I didn't think I'd actually like this one. For starters it's a blatant rip-off of Escape From New York and the Mad Max trilogy. And I more or less hated the director's last two movies (I don't care what anyone says. Dog Soldiers and The Descent were stupid). But in its own way this movie is kinda fun. Average wannabeness aside, it's a nice futuristic chaos movie with plenty of delicious violence. Rhona Mitra may not be able to act...but how about the way she wears that muscle shirt? What I also liked was how the songs were applied in certain scenes. Ironic music over grueling violence always works for me.

And Bob Hoskins was in it!

Under Suspicion - 8/10

A gem from 2000, I caught it tonight on the tube. Great psychological cop drama with Morgan Freeman and Gene Hackman. It's so simple, yet effective. You basically watch Morgan Freeman and Thomas Jane play good cop/bad cop with Hackman, a suspect of some pedophile/rapist murders. And that's it. That's the movie.

The way it ends remains one of the more refreshing endings I've ever seen in a movie.

Freaks and Geeks: The entire Series - 9/10

I finally got around to watching all the episodes in my box set of this little jewel from 1999 television. Such an unfortunate situation. A great show...as far as network quality goes...cut down in its peak at only 12 aired episodes. I'm happy that all the actors in the Apatnow pack have moved on to make the best comedies of the last decade. But still, this show was great. I'm constantly marveled at what crap "makes it" on network television, and the stuff that gets canceled. Too bad.

Next box set on my agenda is the first season (and miniseries) of Battlestar Galactica, a show I've been extremely skeptical about. My brother got it for me as a way to force me to get into it. So about the time the show is wrapping up on tv, I'll be starting it from the beginning. Who knows, I might be surprised.

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
Battlestar Galactica, a show I've been extremely skeptical about.

As was I.

I remember the show the first time round and it was utter rubbish.

The first series is actually very good and quite engaging. Hard to believe that it is a close relative of the original show. Watch them and enjoy them.

However, I don't know what happened with the second series. I managed about 4 or 5 episodes before I gave up. It wasn't bad just boring. I don't know how it went after that.

Watch the first series and enjoy it but borrow the second series.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button- 6.5/10 Although this is well told love story with great acting from both Pitt and Blanchette it will not be one of my favourite Fincher films.

Generally it lacked any of his true visual brilliance to the point where it was too understated a flick. A very memorable story though.......

I'll go with a 8/10. I just finished watching it, and I loved it. The acting is extremely good and like you said, it's a memorable story. One that I won't soon forget.

I'd watch it again.