Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[VaLkyR]Anubis

Foregone Destruction
Jan 20, 2008
Gaia
www.youtube.com
Most of the criticism I hear about Stargate is along the lines of 'the story is daft'. Isn't that kind of missing the point?
Believe me,those people have no imagination(s) and idea what they are talking about.The story is daft,I don't think so,it is a great story,but some people don't believe in those things like in Stargate,they just think it's crap or something else.I always like to say,when somebody says criticism about something,then you should also say advices /suggestions to make it better,when you can't,just shut up,but many people can't do this.:)
I hear you man. Ba'al is definitely my favourite Goa'uld.
I liked Anubis,but not only,because of his name,I liked his mysterious appearance.:)

Adelheid

Bernstein
Jan 23, 2008
Nowhere.
Stargate 10/10
I'd forgotten how good the movie was. I think it's a perfect example of a scifi action film.

James Spader and the guy from The Crying Game who plays Ra (Jaye Davidson - I looked it up) are brilliant.

The series was quite good at times, but the film is so so good that I wish they'd been allowed to make the trilogy that it was originally meant to be.

Trilogy? I wonder what it was going to be like... Well I guess that will never happen now; even if someone did decide to take on that project again the "fans" would crush it because it's "not proper stargate".

My favourite Goa'uld was Apophis, I just loved him at the end of the "hell" episode, standing in front of the two pyramids with his new eye looking all vengeful god-like :D

Last edited:
TMNT (the new animated one) 7/10. The way they made this film was really awesome. It was fun, and looked really nice. Decent plot for an animated film these days. I liked it.

The Number 23. 8/10. I loved this movie. It was really well writen and very good direction. Jim Carrey was really good in it too. I'd watch it again.

Adelheid

Bernstein
Jan 23, 2008
Nowhere.
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn
For me ST2 is the first "real" Star Trek film, a tremendous jump in quality, production and standard from the first movie, but what really sets is above other Star Trek movies is that it plays more like a Naval War film than a sci-fi film, and it is the only Star Trek film, other than number one, that can be fully enjoyed by non fans as it lack any inside-jokes or inside-plots.
The acting is great, and one cannot help liking Kahn, a role so enjoyable Ricardo Montalban took a paycut in order to play it.
Also notable is Kirstie Alley's first Major role, playing the Vulcan Saavik.
My own favourite scene is a contest between the battle in the Mutara nebula, and the scene where Saavik and Spock converse in Vulcan regarding Captain Kirk, with Saavik commenting "He is so Human".

Trekkies: 10/10
Non Trekkies: 8/10

[VaLkyR]Anubis

Foregone Destruction
Jan 20, 2008
Gaia
www.youtube.com
Godzilla Vs. Destroyah - I don't must say much stuff about this movie,it's Godzilla and alll movies are rock'in like hell,I love Godzilla for my childhood and I'm still a fan.This movie is like the other movies,awesome and exciting,10/10,Godzilla rulez.:)

Mothra - That's a movie only about Mothra,Godzilla fought against her,but that happened in another movie.However,I do really like this movie,sure it is 12 years old,but does that really matter,I don't think so.I give the movie 9/10.:)

Saw - For the first time I watched that movie,I know there are 4 movies of Saw,but the first one was really funny,but it was cencored again,damn german TV,I hate it,always those cencored crap on TV,it's getting annoying.Every scene of the movie,where you can see blood or something others bloody stuff was cencored,anyway,8/10.:)

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Rambo 4 - 8.1/10

Best parts:
  • Bow spree
  • Flame Thrower Boat gets a massive combololol destruction.
  • Nuclear Claymore

Without any doubt, go watch it if you haven't, and liked the previous Rambos.

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
I'm not sure that I'd want to go that far - after all, it's only the 2nd best ST movie. :)
I consider it to be the best, on par with The Undiscovered Country. In the second tier of my favourite Star Trek movies are The Voyage Home and First Contact, followed by The Motion Picture (which I find to be underrated), The Search for Spock and Generations. I don't like Insurrection much and I'd prefer if The Final Frontier and especially Nemesis were unmade.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
There Will Be Blood

Just saw this yesterday. I knew it would be good but it was great, not what I expected, in a positive way.
The pace was spot on, the acting superb, definitely a character-actor and dialogue type of film with stunning visual backdrops. As the storyline is loosely based on the actual events and characterization of several men and their experiences with the early days of oil discovery the mood is often quite intense and feels very real.
It follows a man whose characteristics are rolled together from early oil entrepreneurs who carved through communities in the Southwest buying up outrageously cheap land to drill in for massive profits. Driving the plot and Daniel Day Louis' (lead role) motivation is a lust for black gold and the way this warps their entire state of mind.
Out of greed and paranoia for his wealth, the oil man becomes consumed with hate for people and begins to place his lucrative schemes above all other pursuits and deals in life.

Very powerful stuff in this movie, and the ending is absolutely kick ass.

9/10

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Untreacable - 9.0/10

A master piece of a movie for me. This is for one probably one of the only movie I've seen that use real and common therms when they get into Networking language. This movie is entirely shocking and to be ****ing honnest, all of what happened in this movie could happen in real life. All the comments and therms used were really close to what you'd find on the internet these days. The end was the big cake.

"Thank god he just died"
"how i cn download this movie?" :lol:

The Eye - 7.8/10

This would be a really high rating for a horror/suspense movie from me. I think it was executed pretty well overall, though seeing all those way too predictable scream/jump moments always ruins it for me.

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Untreacable - 9.0/10

A master piece of a movie for me. This is for one probably one of the only movie I've seen that use real and common therms when they get into Networking language. This movie is entirely shocking and to be ****ing honnest, all of what happened in this movie could happen in real life. All the comments and therms used were really close to what you'd find on the internet these days. The end was the big cake.

For real? :con:

The trailer to that movie was the most hilariously awful thing I have ever seen.

Was there a logical reason why the website couldn't be traced or simply shut down? I refuse to believe that any website is "untraceable" or at least unblockable or unremovable.