Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Interstellar 10/10

I actually liked it so much I watched it again the next day and bought the special edition Bluray (which I never do). Everything was just amazing in it. The visual effects could not be better, the soundtrack was fitting and really hit me, the story line was believable, it was easy to understand and not be overly complicated. Just overall, an amazing movie. I'm a huge sci-fi buff, and this filled my hole balls deep.

Reactions: Al

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Interstellar 10/10

I actually liked it so much I watched it again the next day and bought the special edition Bluray (which I never do). Everything was just amazing in it. The visual effects could not be better, the soundtrack was fitting and really hit me, the story line was believable, it was easy to understand and not be overly complicated. Just overall, an amazing movie. I'm a huge sci-fi buff, and this filled my hole balls deep.
I just bought the 2 disc Bluray edition today. I've been wanting to see this flick again since I saw it at the cinema. Now all I've got to do is find the time to sit down and watch it................

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Fury-8/10

A very watchable war movie. It did do what a lot of other WW2 movies do but managed to stay clear of being clichéd. A good soundtrack too....

Act of Valor-6/10

This flick did what it did well but a lot of the dialogue was pretty cheesy and lame.

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Fast and Furious 7-5/10

Honestly, I really think this franchise had to end. It's tragic that it did have to end because Paul Walker was killed by his publicist's reckless driving but, apart from that, I do question whether this franchise really should have had the legs it did.

The original movie was great; it was a very cool homage to tuner cars and street racing. The more the series of movies went on the less it became about the cars and more it became a Mission Impossible, international men of action, cops and robbers type of vibe. It also got more into exotic weapons and muscle-bound gym junkies.

As much as all the films had some cool cars it became less and less about the spirit of the cars and street racing and more about becoming very average action films. This last film just perpetrated that.

I will give the movie credit for getting a finished product out despite Walker being tragically killed before the end of production. Vin Diesel just looks old and tired now and the costuming did very little to hide the middle-age flab that he is carrying everywhere except on his arms.

RIP Paul Walker.

Knowing-6.5/10

This flick was just as interesting on a repeat watch but the script is weak in places. Despite the interesting premise for the story it is not strong enough to be anything but above average; but not awesome.

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Avengers: Age of Ultron (3D)-6.5/10

I didn't think this film is as engaging as the first. Great visuals and action sequences but the script seemed to wander a bit into periods that were too slow for too long. If anything seemed better about this sequel it was the depiction of the Hulk.

O.k. it's a comic book and it did keep to the comic spirit with the dialogue but the pace of the movie is questionable in places......

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
The Incredible Hulk-6.5/10

The Hulk is the only Avenger who didn't get their origin story told by Marvel Studios. This is because Marvel had to re-acquire the movie rights after the Eric Bana film that came earlier. So this film is more of a back-story/origin story to the character; setting things up nicely for the move into the Avengers that was already under-way when the this Hulk film came out.

Visually it's a very well done film but I wonder about the choice of actor for Bruce Banner. Edward Norton is a very good actor but Mark Ruffalo taking over the role for the Avengers movies provides a more convincing Bruce Banner.

Hulk smash.........

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Cypher-6/10

A quite strange, futuristic thriller. The story seems to get quite confused in places in the attempt to explain itself. Now that I've seen it once I probably wouldn't bother to watch it again.

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
The Truman Show-10/10

I haven't seen this movie in years so I'd forgotten a lot of the detail although I remember the story well. Years ago I may not have given this a perfect 10 but, on re-watching, this flick is a unique and engaging classic; in my opinion.

I think this is possibly Jim Carrey's best film; and certainly it is his best acting. I can't think of another one of his films where his acting comes close to being as powerful as it is in this movie.

It is definitely a film worth watching again.........

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Mad Max: Fury Road(3D)-9/10

I am really pleased that Miller didn't just mail in a new Mad Max movie to cash in on the franchise. This film is well worth the price of admission and doesn't rest on the memory of the original three films but does them justice..... big time. In fact you can take the first three films and multiply them by HUGE.

I wonder whether the movie moves a bit too fast to tell a story properly but it assumes you know the films in the franchise. Even by itself though this film is a great action movie with tons of unique visual style, superb editing and great music. The 3D is also up there with the best I've seen on the big screen.

I wasn't expecting much from this film and I really didn't expect it to be this good.......

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Dredd (3D)-8/10

This movie looked as good on Bluray 3D as it did in the cinemas. I'm a fan of the comics and this movie really did keep to the spirit of the comics. It stands up well to repeated viewings. It's a shame that it didn't do well at the box office because a sequel from the same team that made it looks unlikely.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Mad Max: Fury Road(3D)-9/10

Mad Max: Fury Road-8.5/10

Not a sequel to the first three movies but it can truly stand on it's own. The action is fast-paced and the gritty style of a post-apocalyptical world was there as in the original franchise with some allusions like a little music box. It was good enough in non-3D to make it worth going to the cinema.