PSYTEX

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[5thSFG]Mitchell

unexpected guest
Jul 17, 2008
Rome, Italy
well, I downloaded it and placed into UT\System folder, but now it actually doesn't work at all, although AKMSU works fine.
I tried to use that comand with the M249 and the AKMSU, but nothing happened.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
[5thSFG]Mitchell;2172143 said:
well, I downloaded it and placed into UT\System folder, but now it actually doesn't work at all, although AKMSU works fine.
I tried to use that comand with the M249 and the AKMSU, but nothing happened.

Hmm, apparently the readme file wasn't really specific on how things work with MagCheck (perhaps because there is no readme..).

As far as I could read from the code, the "mutate INFCheckMag" command only works for the "Generic Mag Check" feature, which is set to disabled as default. If you just want a message how full your mag is, enable it by typing "mutate imc.." damn, I don't remember - well, type "mutate imchelp" and it's the command that switches the generic mag check - or edit the ini-File.

If you want the animated version you have to press the "Use/Grab" Key and the "SwitchWeaponMode" key at the same time (hold grab and press switchweapon mode should work best). Although if you expect this to work with the AKMSU you're in bad luck unless you deactivate the WP. Other mutators that might affect compatibility with magcheck are UNHandgunfix and new40mm (Mk23 and M16 respectively). The reason for this is, that MagCheck only replaces the standard Inf Weapons (and Bonus Pack) with the MagCheckified classes - and UNHandgunfix and new40mm do the same (replace the standard Inf classes..). If you need a quick check wether or not MagCheck works, reload - if the message "new mag is.." appears you're in luck.

In any case I'm basically with Olethros on the MagCheck point - custom weapon modders should implement this for their weapons if the community wants it; I can't really see a new version of MagCheck appearing every time a lunatic makes a mutator..

Which leads me to the basic question: Do you guys really use that feature - or better: are there any strong disagreements if I'd add this to the M4s (and Berettas perhaps)?

Jeez, another thread gone OT - perhaps we should make a new MagCheck one; or resurrect the old one - necrophilia.. err necromancy can be fun at times :D

[5thSFG]Mitchell

unexpected guest
Jul 17, 2008
Rome, Italy
Ok, now that's funny. The Mutator was not active but I could use it, and it worked, except for the -again- missing AKMSU.
:eek:
Side note: no, I haven't tried yet the "mutate imchelp".

Now something bad: I removed the mutator but it's still working... :eek2:
My Infiltration is being possessed!

Last edited:

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
Wouldn't be the first time such a thing happened to me, although I'd need a bit of clarification on the actual problem.
Did it:
a.: Work when the mutator was not in the used mutators list and you started a new map
b.: Work when the mutator was not in the used mutators list and you started training
c.: Work when the mutator was deleted from the UT\System directory

-Case A is strange but nothing I haven't seen yet, though primarily when something affected only the defaultproperties.
-Case B is (nearly) normal. Apparently the Inf Shooting Range you enter when you hit the training switch doesn't update the mutators used every time - every second time should work though.
-Case C is the point where I'd call the ghostbusters - or an excorcist..

Also I stricktly recommend to either make a new MagCheck thread or revive the oldest one (perhaps with a bold note that you were not making senseless thread necromancy..)

Edit: Typo - also perhaps we should rename the forum to Snakeyes and Mitchells Inf forum :D

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)
Which leads me to the basic question: Do you guys really use that feature - or better: are there any strong disagreements if I'd add this to the M4s (and Berettas perhaps)?

I don´t like necroposting, so I´ll keep it here for just 1 more round: I use thee MagCheck b7 always, as it permits to exchange ammo between AKM and AKMSU/ MiniUzi and Micro, and the animations for magcheck, and its whole functionality, are neat (I keep loosing track of my shootings in COOP/U1 maps so this is quite handy) and If it isn´t a pain in da arse, I would advocate you to include the magcheck function in all your mutators, Snakeye (the M4A1 lacks the magcheck as Olethros warned ages ago...)

Last edited:

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
Corporal_Lib [BR];2173195 said:
I don´t like necroposting, so I´ll keep it here for just 1 more round: I use thee MagCheck b7 always, as it permits to exchange ammo between AKM and AKMSU/ MiniUzi and Micro, and the animations for magcheck, and its whole functionality, are neat (I keep loosing track of my shootings in COOP/U1 maps so this is quite handy) and If it isn´t a pain in da arse, I would advocate you to include the magcheck function in all your mutators, Snakeye (the M4A1 lacks the magcheck as Olethros warned ages ago...)
All 'custom' weapons except the C7 lack MagCheck IIRC - and from what I could see from the MagCheck code it would be mostly copy&paste a few lines of code to implement it; what might take a bit of consideration is the dependency (i.e. wether to implement it to work without magcheck or only with magcheck and if the latter how to see if magcheck is there or not) plus wether or nor to make it an option or a fixed feature. A fixed feature is easier to do than an option - and I'm not sure if it's even possible to make an client side option, for those who absolutely don't want it (though no one voiced such an opinion so far); I've tried client side options for the RO979 (and M4Imp) and already thought I had found a way, but that proved to be a fault.

Since there seems to be interest plus no one voiced grave concerns against it I'll take a closer look on how to do this. Also if needed (and grave concerns are present against thread necromancy - I say it's a natural thing to do!) let's continue the discussion in one of the M4 mutator threads :)

To steer this more on topic:
I do seem to have a funny(?) problem with Psytex though - when I try to get to the character screen (or mission screen, apparently anything that shows the Inf guy) Inf just hangs; other screens (loadout, options, server) seem to work fine. I already had this once when using the camos in regular Inf, but some deleting and recopying the files seemed to have done the job back then. I also know that at least one other user (Biene) had the same problem with the camos and character screen. Anyone else got that - or any idea what the problem might be? he infiltrationlog showed no plausible cause IIRC. The symptoms seem to direct in a strange endless loop problem; hmm, for some strange reason I just got the idea to perhaps try it without virus scan active..

[5thSFG]Mitchell

unexpected guest
Jul 17, 2008
Rome, Italy
@Snakeye, I checked now, but I have no problems with that screen: I tried to change loadout, camo and something like that, but there were no problems... Are you using some particular file maybe? FYI, I've added other camos, faces and voices.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
[5thSFG]Mitchell;2173419 said:
@Snakeye, I checked now, but I have no problems with that screen: I tried to change loadout, camo and something like that, but there were no problems... Are you using some particular file maybe? FYI, I've added other camos, faces and voices.

Well, my Inf install was transferred from one laptop to another to another (I did this when a fresh install displayed weird behavior), so I have all kinds of funny files (not to mention few dozen folders containing UScripts from all packages) plus it might be any stupid program running in the background or perhaps Vista generally disliking the use of age-old software - apparently Inf has to be more-or less "forced" onto modern day PCs :D.

In any case I'm pretty sure I'll find out what causes it eventually - it just bugs me to not be able to use proper UK Woodland on COOP1/COOP2; since on XploD the new camos are not present I usually set NZL DPM for normal Inf and that stays for Psytex (well, on my system at least).

[5thSFG]Mitchell

unexpected guest
Jul 17, 2008
Rome, Italy
Argh, if it's Vista I can't help you, because I run XP, so things can easily be different. About other files... well, you're more expert than me, so I'm sure you know how to handle them! :D

Vega-don

arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
hey this is something that makes me wish i could still play inf with my laptop or that i could install in on my girl laptop haha no way

just so you know you got permission to edit or modify the black akmsu

seththeblack

Dec 24, 2008
Excuse me, I need some help.

I downloaded Psytex, installed it but it wouldn't run.
I'm using a Laptop with Windows Vista, any help please?

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Scroll down to the fourth/fifth post on the third page, it explains how to solve the Vista problem.

If that doesn't help just register and ask for help in this thread.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
I want to thank the admins who use the mod on their servers, saw 5 servers using it, more than half of all INF servers :D (actually 2 double servers and one single server, which isn't online all the time).

From the very beginning the weapon texture mod was meant to work with the improved faces and camos to gain a constant and harmonic look and since the new faces and camos were released I can say the goal was technically reached, but not practically, because the black vest/backpack and the leak of camouflaged faces (you can use green balaclava though) makes it not DTAS/EAS ready yet.
I allready thought I won't work on them again, but thankfully because of a fantastic co-op game last friday I am (yet) motivated again to do something. Playing and having good games was the only reason I could stay motivated at all, so if you want to have me working on that and want to see your desired camo, give me some good games (*looks at Chuckus, Stinkmarder and Co*) :D.

When I really think about it if it was worth the work, "hell no" is the answer, an almost not played game and all the effort, what a waste, but whenever I play some good co-op I enjoy the more authentic look and then it was 100% worth that one little moment of sheer satisfaction.
Sadly the people who don't give a damn keep using the old camos and faces (they'd use the original weapon textures aswell if it wasn't forced by the server) which breaks immersion all of the time, but it's not only them to blame, the released camos are few and are considered boring by some, if I make the camouflaged faces and produce much more camos, chances are people switch and my hope is the co-op servers to remove the old stuff completely (on Stinkmarders servers at least I see it a possibility), so it's up to me and I hope the motivation level remains a little longer.
The thing that needs to be said is, that my textures were never meant to be an addition, they were meant to be a replacement, to get rid of the pyjama camos and give Infiltration an as close to reality look as possible, the kind of grittyness, authenticy and professionalism you think of when you think about real spec ops. Obviously that goal wasn't reached yet.

Speaking of DTAS/EAS readiness, people remarked, or even sort of complained that the camos are way to hard to differate at some distance. The reason the original camos are better to differate in most cases is because of their flaws, the released (psytex) camo types are designed to disrupt and blend in into a wooden environment, no wonder they are similar in a way, it's just all a close to the real deal design.
However, the best way to have camos that are both effective and easy to differate in psytex is the same as it always was in Infiltration, plain opfor green vs. patterned camo. The green psytex camo is as effective to blend in as the patterned but is also much easier to differate from the patterned as the patterned from eachother. A version of these camos with a green vest and camouflaged faces may make psytex finally DTAS/EAS ready and that way finalize PsyTex (though in co-op the ammount of diversed camos is also important, because people have the choice and demands).

So, wish me luck to complete the task. I make no promises though.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Do it, now that I finished I.G.I.2, which I have been playing the past week (what a blast, love that game), I want some INF. :D