Other things :)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Just looking at the stats from my site for January 2006.
UT2Vote51 constantly holds down the top monthly downloads with this month 203 so far.
Zound52 holds the second slot with 98 downloads this month so far.
BUT... wait for it........ tah dah........ a "leaky" ServerBots2 from the "secret" beta folder takes 3rd place with 79 downloads so far this month.
DemoRecord41 is still pretty popular with 55 so far this month and so is AltRedeemer2 with 28.

Other constant downloads for UT are:
GameMake3Setup.zip
DemoPlay4Setup.zip
UT4MonSetup.zip
UTExtra14.zip

Other interesting stats this month:
26968 hits with Windows
348 with Linux
206 with Macintosh

Broken down to:
Internet Explorer - 16723 hits
Firefox - 8499 hits
Opera - 1462 hits
Netscape - 566 hits
Mozilla - 301 hits
Safari - 138 hits
Konqueror - 28 hits
Wget - 4 hits

:rolleyes:

PoW

Jul 12, 2004
And then you tell us that your UT2Vote is not popular enough :rolleyes:

BUT... wait for it........ tah dah........ a "leaky" ServerBots2 from the "secret" beta folder takes 3rd place with 79 downloads so far this month

Why you have so many downloads from the secret folder, I could not understand :eek:

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Not sure who follows the A1 GP but its here this weekend and the track is about 10km from my house.
Its been raining solidly for about a week now and will no doubt continue raining all weekend.
There has already been some very serious accidents here so things are going to be interesting :)

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
i thinks it's sad, that racing today is only interesting, if there is a chance for many accidents :(

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
I think the TV is much to blame these days for the reduced following of sport in general.
Gee, I got great digital TV with 5 in 1 surround sound, great home theater sound system and if the TV was done great it would feel like I'm at the races sitting in my lounge.
Instead the sound is pathetic, even on the F1, you see the cars accelerate past, yet the sound is the same boring sound of the cars going past the commentators next to the pits.
Just driving past the track today and hearing the 19000 RPM engines screaming past was enough to put a shrill up your back and make you want to get out the car to watch, yet on TV I often even fall asleep from boredom.
Many a time its like watching scaletrix cars going round and around.
TV has the technology today but they dont use it which is sad.

Assraker

I love watching F1... I got to sit in a F1 3yrs ago at Indy here in the states. They have a very nice museum there. I never realized how small those things were until then.

I envy you living near a track, for I live several hundred miles from one where they race.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Well the guys have got themselves sorted out and although there were a few mishaps this morning, this afternoon went great with only a minor spin off, it has also stopped raining and today was wall to wall blue skys :)
Main race tomorrow at 12:00 GMT (2 pm local) and if you have it on TV, watch and see what my city looks like with its beaches etc.
The track is built on the outskirts of the city where old army baracks used to be.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
I wonder if someone can help me here with WinXp.

At work my computer got hit by lightning on Tuesday and it blue all the USB ports on the motherboard.
I dug around and found another motherboard and installed that while I await a new one.
When I booted it, WinXp came up with a DOS screen with several options, like Safe modes, Last known etc, and at the top it said: "You have changed your hardware etc. please choose an option".
Now no matter what option I chose, the PC just rebooted and came back to this same screen.
Now I had heard that Xp does this when you change hardware but what do I do here now.
I tried the CD but it wont repair anything and only wants to do a fresh install.
Surely this is not how Xp should work as its bloody ridiculous as the downtime is very long if I have to re-install Xp.
What do I do here ?

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
2 different things here... i guess ;)

one thing is the new mb requires calling ms and making it work again, the other thing is, you might miss the correct drivers for your new mb, so xp doesn't start up.

to reinstall all standard-xp files, insert the cd. It will find the old xp and ask for repair. Say Install new here. It will do some things and ask a second time, if you want to repair. Now say repair and it will install all standard-files from cd, but be carefull, You'll loose all drivers you installed after the first xp-installation, but xp should work again, and all software should still work.

i practised it that way several times, and it allways worked.

If xp now works and yells for reactivation, simply call ms, they'll only ask for your license-number (you should have a valid one of corse), and you get a key or something... My collegue allways has trouble with his notebook and did this several times - no problemo :)

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Ahhh ok, thanks for the information.
I did not know about the second request for a repair.
What I did do is rename the "Windows", "Program Files" and "Documents and Settings" folders and do a complete new install, because when it asked me the 2nd time about the repair I said no - next time when I get my new mb I will say yes.
Only problem is the "re-activation" part as when you deal with M$ Africa.... well... nuff said :)

This re-installing everytime you change a major component could become a very costly item in downtime. Im surprised companies have not complained about this, hell emagine if this was a major Server out in a remote site somewhere.

Another quick question which has been bothering me for quite some time.
This is the Corporate version supplied by the company, but when it boots it says "Welcome to Windows Xp Home" - why does it call the Corporate version a Home version, because when you goto the control panel and click on "System" it says: "Microsoft Windows XP Professional" - wierd ?

Last edited:

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Well when the Majority party keep making new laws, rely soley on people that are in crime, unemployed and un-educated for their majority vote then no-one else has a chance.
Their latest stance is they have realized that as people become more and more educated, they loose their vote, so now they lower the standard of education so people cannot get smart and vote for someone else.
Their latest drive is to remove all form of school examinations so in otherwords when you leave school and apply for a job all you will have is a certificated stating that you have attended 12 years of schooling and nowhere does it state how you did as that is seen as discrimination.
When I was at school, the final year passmark was 80% (maths essential) if you wanted to goto college, 60% if you wanted to get into a Technicon and anything below 50% was an outright fail (same as Britian I think), today the passmark for going to College is 28%, Technicon is 25% and only below 20% is a failure, and those that failed can "re-write" in April and depending on how much money their parents have got decides whether they pass or not.
Currently our whole economy is dependant on the foreign investments received mainly by US, UK, Germany and Japan over the last 10 years.
With Koeberg shutdown, expensive internet access and high communication costs these countries are starting to pull their investments out, which currently is crippling the Western Cape and will soo effect us up here also.
Interesting times ahead........

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
It's always nice to get a look behind the scenes :)

in our tdw-forum i have a signature saying this:

::Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups::

seems the government knows that one too :D

but as you talk about school, if i see, how simple it seems to be today, to stay away from school... The kids here see, that nothing is happening to them, and keep on staying away from school... This was absolutely impossible in my schooltime :(

But what did the anc promise to the people this time?