no conc jump with artifact

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaero

Who Dey!
Oct 11, 2003
Cincinnati
www.xaero.us
Jubei said:
i'm betting nbk server will have the option turned off
:)

lol gotbeer that would be awesome indeed but i'm guessing fmi has everything ready and just smoothing things up right now

i'm wondering tho
can we make custom speech bindings and put it online so most can download them and we would hear it ingame and the ones that downloaded it 2???

btw is my sig 2 big xaero?

Try asking the mods of the forum your posting in. Please don't drag that crap here.

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
Jubei, he is reffering to the mud slinging going on in the u2xmp forum. Out of context you post is innocent, but given that crap over sigs lately, I can see where he misunderstood. Hopefully you were asking a general question or playfully teasing, and not being a an asshat.

[LNS]Jubei

DeMoN HuNTeR
Jan 22, 2004
Maxx said:
Jubei, he is reffering to the mud slinging going on in the u2xmp forum. Out of context you post is innocent, but given that crap over sigs lately, I can see where he misunderstood. Hopefully you were asking a general question or playfully teasing, and not being a an asshat.

i was actually asking a question as i know there's a limitation to the signature sizes but i'm a noob
i think you know to wich persons i'm an asshat and it's certainly not 2 any of the players i scrimmed with and had great fun with in the past.
I thought xaero was mod on this forum.

you're making me feel bad xaero.
:(

Last edited by a moderator:

Xaero

Who Dey!
Oct 11, 2003
Cincinnati
www.xaero.us
TECHNICALLY, yes....its too high by 20 pixels. I'm not really concerned about it through (unless of course someone else complains.) I PMed you, so anything else should be worked out there. Sorry about that.

edit: Toggle behind view conc jumping to avoid being blind should go away. As far as dropping the artifact, I don't like that idea.

Last edited:

[LNS]Jubei

DeMoN HuNTeR
Jan 22, 2004
/me :fluffle: xaero

i think the real question is should we allow this option to be turned on or off in official scrims,ladder games and challenges.
But for on pubs it should be allowed.
I agree for it to be disabled in official games tho. But pubs is about fun imho.
We should vote on it.

Gumby

Pretty in Pink!
Feb 29, 2004
A long long way from home...
I vote leave it in!

I rarely play gunner but i think it's quite a good thing to have in. As said above it's a server side option, which means that server admins, Jolt (if there is a league), CB and whoever else rights rules ;) will ultimatley have the decision in interclan affairs...

But in pubs i reckon it should definately be left in too!!!!!

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Why should it be turned ON in pubs? To make the noobs feel even less "with it" and leave the game altogether SOONER?

Fact: ToggleBehindView has always been an option on the server and been considered an Exploit (yes since Unreal 1!!) in Multiplayer. I don't know why anyone would think that you shouldn't have to get blinded as a gunner to conc jump Every other game that has conc jumping has the health loss AND the blinding as results of it (yes, even TFC). The only reason to want it in is because you used to "exploit" it in u2xmp.

FurociousFa

Banned
Apr 1, 2004
MI
whenever i play midfield/arti capping gunner i go 3rd person, i don't really think its cheating or unfair, atleast not that it changes games too much...i mean i can conc w/o 3rd person but far less easily.

I'm def. for having it either in public, or whatever the admin thinks is right, everyone will have their own opinions no point in making a general consensus except for ladders and official things as such : ).

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
FurociousFa said:
whenever i play midfield/arti capping gunner i go 3rd person, i don't really think its cheating or unfair, atleast not that it changes games too much...i mean i can conc w/o 3rd person but far less easily.

I'm def. for having it either in public, or whatever the admin thinks is right, everyone will have their own opinions no point in making a general consensus except for ladders and official things as such : ).
If it's not easily accessible to every player but the engine "allows" it it's an exploit (different than a cheat). 3rd person gives you a wider range of visibility, none of the visual "effects" first person gives, and makes something like conc jumping TOO easy. There is a reason why it's considered an exploit in every other Unreal engine game, and it's not because it gives you 3rd person.

FurociousFa

Banned
Apr 1, 2004
MI
if i felt that the community (as it were) as a whole thought it ruined xmp, i wouldn't do it. But when gunners from every clan, and many non-clan use it, i become desensitized.

What about colorizing names? U2xmp has color names, but its not easily accesible unless you know what sites give you codes for changing colors...is than an exploit? Your definition is very poor.

Same with game tweaking, what about players who tweak cache sizes, and things like that for DOOM III and compete online? Changing files isn't easily accesible, is that an exploit?

Xaero

Who Dey!
Oct 11, 2003
Cincinnati
www.xaero.us
Game tweaking and name colorizing arent exploits because they don't give you an unfair advantage. Game performance is a fair advantage, tbh. Name colorizing is the main reason we have so many problems with the master server in u2xmp, as well.

In my book, keybinding complex movments into 1 key is an exploit, as well. If you can't learn to do it yourself, and then be able to do it yourself, you have no business doing it.

edit: right after I posted, i remembered how anal some of the rvs and css ladders are about what "tweaks" you use in a match, so yes, even some of what you call "tweaks" are considered exploits.

Last edited:

Gumby

Pretty in Pink!
Feb 29, 2004
I think if togglebehindview is viewed as an exploit, then i think i'll toss suicide binds into the melting pot...

I agree with mr.X about the binding of lots of stuff to a key - lame

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Eat_my_shorts said:
I think if togglebehindview is viewed as an exploit, then i think i'll toss suicide binds into the melting pot...

I agree with mr.X about the binding of lots of stuff to a key - lame
How does suiciding give you an unfair advantage?? It just delays the possibility of murdering yourself.

Behind view gives you more advantages than just the ability to view from behind your head.

Gumby

Pretty in Pink!
Feb 29, 2004
Was just sh1t stirring tbh ;)

But thinking about it - suiciding allows you to get places faster, recharge your weapons and health and (in xmp) to change your class...

eg. Offensive player, just had fight outside own base as tech, low on health + shield, no-one around, can't be arsed to trapse all the way across the map to a recharge thing and ooh your team-mate just hacked a deploy near the enemy base... Quel choix...

Toggle behind view lets you see behind your head but sort of restricts what is in front of you... What other advantages? :confused:

Gumby

Pretty in Pink!
Feb 29, 2004
Fire i see what ya mean - but you can see through the fire for the mostpart...
Maybe if Onfire=1 then togglebehindview=0 :)

I still manage to blind myself in 3rd person view sometimes :D But then again i'm a crap gunner :shy:

Status
Not open for further replies.