New UT2007 Footage From Some Trade Show Somewhere

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
U

Unregistered

Me LIKE!

... anyone else get the feeling of a console controller being used? PS3?

U

Unregistered

dl link PLEEEEEEEEASE!
the proxy blocks it (im not at home atm).

plzplzplz.

Entr0p1cLqd

May 25, 2004
nuttygopher said:
....Seeing "Wicked Sick" in blade form would be cool...
Never seeing "Wicked Sick" again would be better though.

Being able to dock parts of the HUD (and set the scale of it) wherever you wanted would be nice though. I thought they were going to do that with 2K4 but it never happened.

neilthecellist

Renegade.
May 24, 2004
San Diego, California
www. .
Being able to dock parts of the HUD (and set the scale of it) wherever you wanted would be nice though. I thought they were going to do that with 2K4 but it never happened.

Ya know, that's not a bad idea. Not a bad idea at all.

If UT2007 doesn't allow that sort of function, perhaps a modder would kindly do that, and then the BU community would worship him as a god or something...
*ahem*

Might be better if Epic saw your post, Entr0p1cLqd, because your idea is actually good...

MeanyMortal

They call me Berjj
Oct 2, 2004
Sweden
Personally I'm not very happy with what I've seen. The HDR effect is IMO far too bright and I don't really like the map's theme either. I'm sure there will be other, much darker maps too that will suit my taste better though. I don't really like the link gun design either, but it's nothing important really.
Other than that there's little to complain about. I like both the RL and the Shock.

I won't truly judge this game before I've put my hands on it. Gameplay can DEFINITLY NOT be judged yet. Even though I dislike the HDR lightning, there's far more than that required to scare me away from this game.;)

Bazzi

Wearing pink
Apr 22, 2001
Germany
www.bazzinet.info
Judging from that short vids I'd say that'll be the best UT gameplay en environmental wise so far.

Looks well designed this time.

And I don't think the level looked too clean, hell it's the future it doesn't have to be all messed up (think of cleaning robots ;) )

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Bang_Doll said:
Well, don't include me in that "EVERYBODY" U_U
Certainly not :) But they can't make a game that only you like, or else they will only have one customer :)

IMO, they are headed down the right path to get alot of people that liked UT99 back, as well as drag the old 2kX crew over as well. That's how it looks so far.

Phopojijo

A Loose Screw
Nov 13, 2005
Canada
neilthecellist said:
Good point... That's what's good about the Unreal engine. It's flexible/mod-able. By allowing the users to CHOOSE, it allows for more satisfaction among customers.
The problem is -- would people be able to use their modded huds in public servers?

Maybe in UCC3 they can certify certain functions as "multiplay okay!" so you don't have someone modding a BFG in a knife-fight.

BlackDragon323

Free Citizen of the World
Apr 16, 2003
Silverlake,CA (Los Angeles)
Visit site
TomWithTheWeather said:
I don't like the weapon models. They look fragile. A weapon should look and feel solid like a chunk of metal, not like it could break at any moment due to lots of tiny moving parts and over-engineering. If that were a real weapon, you'd spend more time cleaning it than you would using it.

Also, if I have to fire the weapon to figure out what it does, then weapon design = failed. Weapons can still be sci-fi and practical in appearance.

ROFL!
yeah, sure, whatever dude...
:rolleyes:

nDru

Feb 4, 2003
Visit site
A few observations:

- Player movement seems pretty quick, which is good for me. Hopefully spamming dodge-jumps won't be the fastest movement option by far this time.

- It's about time the the link gun shots got a got a visual and speed boost. I hated the slow green blobs of UT2003/4. The secondary fire looks nice too. Not sure why so many seem to think it's placeholder quality...

- The lack of random **** to hit your head on pleases me.

- Where the hell is my weapon bar?! (Yes, I know the HUD is likely a placeholder)

So yeah, I'm optimistic that it'll be good fun.

Mar 20, 2002
Chica Go
Visit site
IllusionS said:
tbh i think the HUD looks perfect, very uncluttered and weapon bar = for noobs :)

Erm...it'd kinda be nice to know what weapons you have and how much ammo in each. And if you say "You're a noob for not remembering what you picked up" my response is.....don't forget about weapon lockers. They don't tell you what weapons are included and how much ammo you get.

cole_bie

^^^SHOW ME THE PINK^^^
Jun 29, 2004
This looked great, even the weapon bob, and weapon switching looked great. Cant wait for this. Love the link alt fire animation. The shock looked a little dumb when that purple thing jumped to the front.

Mar 20, 2002
Chica Go
Visit site
cole_bie said:
This looked great, even the weapon bob, and weapon switching looked great. Cant wait for this. Love the link alt fire animation. The shock looked a little dumb when that purple thing jumped to the front.

So far I think all of them have looked awesome! Even the purple bolt thing.