New UT2007 Footage From Some Trade Show Somewhere

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

nuttygopher

Apr 23, 2006
So what if the weapons seem fragile? Isn't the whole tournament some sort of virtual reality or something? (The intro to 2k3, though I may be wrong on this).

Besides, the layperson isn't going to know or care about realism in a game called "Unreal". There is a big difference between realism and being believable. I think it's cool to see the inards of the weapons working, and I like the crazy designs so long as they don't look overly stupid, which they don't (though I will agree that the shock rifle purple beamy think is a bit iffy).

Besides, the amount of power that the weapons unleash would know a person 10ft behind them into the wall, so there goes realism unless ypu want to completely revamp the weapons to counterstrike style, and the last thing we need is ANOTHER modern day realism game.

Props to Epic ofr imagination and putting the effort to add some contingency to their project:cheers:

Brits_Hit

Flak Monkey
Aug 1, 2003
Toronto, Canada
dynamic5.gamespy.com
Kharnellius said:
OW, ow ow ow, (head hurting) why....why? WHY? Do people insist on being stu....grr...must control anger......dark side..... of.....force. *deep breath*

Game's not finished.....comprende? We call those "p l a c e h o l d e r s".

In other words the put there for now until they finish making the new sound/skin/model for whatever it is that is in question.

Don't ever call me stupid buddy, I know how games work. From my point of view, the game looks finished enough in terms of everything else, so I naturally expressed what I thought about the sounds.

@UnrealGrrl: Thanks for clearing that up in a less dickhead manner.

Mar 20, 2002
Chica Go
Visit site
Brits_Hit said:
Don't ever call me stupid buddy, I know how games work. From my point of view, the game looks finished enough in terms of everything else, so I naturally expressed what I thought about the sounds.

@UnrealGrrl: Thanks for clearing that up in a less dickhead manner.

First off it was a joke...so chill.
Secondly, the topic had already been covered so it was getting old explaining it.

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
Baile Atha Cliath, Eireann
Weapons are awesome, esp that they have loads of moving parts, Epic has the technology and are flaunting it! Simpler weapons just make it look tired, dated and old!

The only issue i would take with weapons, is that their skins need to be 'grungified' also, they look too photogenic in there current state (as they did in UC2). The weapon models themselves are cool! I don't understand the complaints.

S

SKULL

Hem. How to watch theses movies. because when i got to these pages i cant see anything :(

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
I like the video IMO. My thoughts are this are as follows

-Shock rifle seems to have went back to the UT style fire rate, unless he wasnt holding the fire button down then ill be worried.
-The liandri shield looks cool, but i think its just a nice coverup for the borders of the map. Think of DesertOasis from UT2k4. Still looks freaking huge and im all for that.
-Run speed is fast, almost reminded me of a nice combination of Quake 3 speed and UT's Turbo setting.
-Eye level still looks to come from the belly instead of the head. Maybe it was just the way it was displayed and it doesnt really effect me, but im hoping the models are bigger this time around.
-When the dude was firing the shock rifle, his ammo count didnt go down till he did a combo?

Also with the high detail weapons being made, its a shame that half the community will choose the "hidden weapons" option :(

Last edited:

SirYawnalot

Slapping myself in the face
Jan 17, 2004
England
www.facebook.com
Cpt.Toilet.exe said:
-Eye level still looks to come from the belly instead of the head. Maybe it was just the way it was displayed and it doesnt really effect me, but im hoping the models are bigger this time around.
If the camera was set in the belly then the other models would look bigger. On the other hand, if you tried to sneakily hide behind a crate, you wouldn't realise your head was sticking out.

Retodon8

Sheep happens!
Jan 21, 2004
Netherlands
retodon8.net
Is that third link for real?
I'm going to check it out right after I post this.
Thanks.

About the looks of the weapons... doesn't everybody turn of weapons anyway, especially the professional players?
I'm serious, doesn't everybody?
I really didn't like it in UT2003, but with custom crosshairs in UT2004 (I know 3 could be worked with to support them) I got used to it.
The guns sort of get in the way of your view, so removing them from view does help a lot.

Also, it's a sci fi game, meaning new materials, meaning more intricate clockworks are possible without the risk of anything breaking.
That's not my opinion on the weapons though; I'd need to take a better look to decide whether or not I like them.

Israphel

Sim senhor, efeitos especial
Sep 26, 2004
Lisboa,Portugal
Holy s**t!!!

First of all....Why oh why did they have to show Torlan and not a new ONS level? I was hoping that we wouldn't have remakes, but despite his "oh this is just a level we are using to test stuff on" I reckon we can guarantee that its going to be there now.

But having said that, it looked really cool! When he left the base it actually looked like the map continued off to his right....where in the old map there are cliff walls marking the edge of the map...I saw at least three towers....I wonder if this means a much larger playing area.
And despite the map being unpolished...I kind of liked it looking raw.

I liked the look of the palladin....it seemed to be moving faster. And again, that walk speed rocks.
And I guess that confirms the rocket alt. fire.

BUT...the scale of the map is difficult to comprehend. In some ways it seems to be actually bigger than the original - the distance to the base exit seemed further. It's difficult to see, but does this mean we will have proper perspective and players won't get really small when they are only a few paces away?

I have to say though, I'm still really looking forward to this

Last edited:
U

Unregistered

Oh dear - that is looking rather.........Pariahesque?...............Oh dear

Lruce

Transcending to another level
Jun 14, 2003
Umm, yeah that looks kinda arcadish

Not impressed so far

Mar 20, 2002
Chica Go
Visit site
Wowbagger said:
3rd cam is up now,
http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=954

It shows Torlan2 and the palladins shield.
I assume there will be a 4th Cam continuing this one.

Wow...

Very cool! I don't know how anyone could say otherwise. The paladin finally looks like it will be somewhat maneuverable compared to it's older incarnation. That shield looks freakin awesome.

and last time I checked UT always kind of looked arcadeish...It's kind of the look they've always gone for: fun and over the top.

Last edited:

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
Im glad to know that the flak cannon was a place holder.

That was a rather funky looking flak cannon.

[screenshot]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/Borgelite/flak_cannon.jpg[/screenshot]

Last edited by a moderator:

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Indeed, now let's hope that another part or two and some of the other vehicles he mentioned are contained within. :)

ilkman: That's the Stinger, and probably a WIP one at that - he's switching weapons so fast that the weapon name got misaligned with the weapon in-hand.