New Unreal Engine 3 Trailer

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
So will there be a day where the engine will literally bend you over and have sex with you because it is so sexy?

nELsOn

bSnakeCastShadow = True
Aug 18, 2005
on a plane
www.nelsonmaps.wordpress.com
Hmm... the trailer mentioned Android. Wonder if that means that the next UDK version will support Android. Chances are I'd get up and get a capable Android device right away :lol:

Apart from that - what can I say? It's just amazing :)

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
Hmm... the trailer mentioned Android. Wonder if that means that the next UDK version will support Android. Chances are I'd get up and get a capable Android device right away :lol:

Apart from that - what can I say? It's just amazing :)

According to a twitter post from Epic, UDK should now support droid. Dungeon Defenders is on droid now.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Maybe they're mocking the UT fans by showing them the engine and using the music all while reminding us of how they left UT3 in the dust. :p

hanji

N00bonator
Apr 24, 2006
Maybe they're mocking the UT fans by showing them the engine and using the music all while reminding us of how they left UT3 in the dust. :p

Oh hey, you never know they might one day suddenly came out with an update for UT3 with all this gooooood stuff... One can have a far fetched dream. :eek:

The new game they are working on (is it really that unconfirmed with the DX11 demo?) looks very much like the world of Blade Runner and Deus Ex. Me likey.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Looks awesome, of course. However, WHY WHY WHY DO THEY ENDLESSLY MOCK US WITH THE UT MUSIC AND THE UT3 UI STUFF!!!!!! :( If I didn't know better, I would think it is a hint to fans that ZOMG NEW UT STUFF IS COMING.... but I know better :(

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
UE3 has had Android support for almost a year (since last E3). UDK doesn't have it yet, I think. But they really should add it because I don't want to make a stupid iOS games. They talk about fragmentation on Android. My 2009 edition iPhone already won't play half of the things in the app store, it was already outdated 7 months after I bought it. Android hardware isn't shifting any faster than that, if we're being honest.

Bgood

Oct 30, 2010
Yeah, there is even a nicely lit UT3 robot at one point. A true PC bonus pack (not Titan) with the updated engine and new maps. Well, that would be cash worthy, if it was kept at around Battlefield BC2 Vietnam's price(let's face it they won't do it for nothing).

Just a pity they're hopelessly devoted to consoles, so it won't happen.

Bi()ha2arD

Toxic!
Jun 29, 2009
Germany
phobos.qml.net
Looks awesome, of course. However, WHY WHY WHY DO THEY ENDLESSLY MOCK US WITH THE UT MUSIC AND THE UT3 UI STUFF!!!!!! :( If I didn't know better, I would think it is a hint to fans that ZOMG NEW UT STUFF IS COMING.... but I know better :(

The UT3 UI stuff is because the UDK comes with the UT3 demo shipped i guess.