New Samus Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Goldfenix

yus
Sep 21, 2005
a place that only I can exist in
ah heht yeah she is shiny in UT 2004 more than what I wanted atleast. And nah her eyes dont randomly move around, its supposed to be like if shes looking around at whats going on to make sure she doesnt die while shes talking. She does look over at it though and knods a few times like if she is agreeing.

Testrun

May 29, 2008
LOL, kinda surprised she doesn't have a white-colored suit.

Meh, those colors are good. Here's hoping a beta would soon come out! :D

Testrun

May 29, 2008
Dunno man...usually when people make a blak skin there's usually a white skin included, but maybe that's just me noticing things haha

Garcian

Jan 20, 2008
Speaking of skins, I could make some nostalgic ones based on earlier Zero Suit Samuses from the earlier games: Metroi NES, Super Metroid, Metriod Fusion...

Just an idea :)

Garcian

Jan 20, 2008
Yeah it can't be to hard, but I don't think Metroid1 Zero Suit Samus should have pink skin like in the game. :p

Testrun

May 29, 2008
Oooh ooh can I make a white skin? :D

Of course, since I have limited info on making skins, it'll prolly won't be a DXT5 format, but I'll make it shiny :D

Last edited:

daloonie

sex boobs nude
Feb 7, 2004
Denmark
www.daloonie.com
DXT5 is a compression format for the DDS file format. I suggest you use DXT3, is it? Or DXT1 with an Alpha. Usually scales down pretty good to avoid large filesizes.

If you are going to make a white skin I suggest making it for UT3 as it doesn't "overlighten" with lighting ingame. UEngine 2.X tends to do that in my experience.

Testrun

May 29, 2008
^yah, I tried to make a white skin for an existing model(little eris) and she looked 'too shiny'.

Goldfenix

yus
Sep 21, 2005
a place that only I can exist in
yeah thats because when using a spec map the whitest areas give a true shine or display and the blacks represent no specular shine. Just have to work with the brightness of the white areas on your diffuse and especially the spec map but yup

Testrun

May 29, 2008
Yeah, although white is a nice color, it;s somewhat hard to make it shiny cause of that.

Usually I just make a light gray color and make it shine, making it look white :D

BTW, how's the model going?

{BL}Lavama

Feb 8, 2009
Wow!

You're really good, Goldfenix!

I can't wait until it's finished. I'm currently looking for any previous downloads to keep me occupied in killing things in 2K4.

Lei Hng Wei

The magnificent!
Jun 26, 2004
You're doing great work. Not too many people making models these days, and your efforts are appreciated.

I've learned recently to: "don't sweat what you have no control over". So deal with life and Samus at your own pace, and to occasionally schedule yourself a day to do nothing. Planned procrastination relieves loads of stress. ;)

Take care.

{BL}Lavama

Feb 8, 2009
Lei Hng Wei has a point Golden Fenix. Take the time. I bet that it'll be the best Model out there! Not just because it's Samus either!