New Patch release date

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Naib

Jan 31, 2004
(GR)Killer said:
Rangers can't hit **** now, you even agree'd with me and thought you were the only one to notice this today.

Headwire seems to kill have no problems aiming as a ranger.

Remember the change in netcode will affect how far ahead you have to aim when shooting at a moving player.

heavy_wargod said:
so the ranger would be even more overpowered if the gunner can't concussionjump like in U2XMP. I usually take a vehicular for protection from those rangers.

You don't need to conc jump to take out a ranger camping on a hill. You have seen the secondary fire on the rocket launcher? ;)

Last edited:

heavy_wargod

destructive poppets!!
Nov 25, 2004
You don't need to conc jump to take out a ranger camping on a hill. You have seen the secondary fire on the rocket launcher? ;)[/QUOTE]

never had one ranger that walked back a little that made the locking useless crap?

heavy_wargod

destructive poppets!!
Nov 25, 2004
fireball said:
You have not seen lockons used WELL, then. I've owned rangers with them quite often :p
never had one on a large mountain, and then you shoot them up, but the ranger walks back, and with the locked rockets in UTXMP is it so that they don't 'wait' on going to the target, in U2XMP, the locked rockets first go to where you aimed at for a short while, and then go to the target. so on a large mountain, the ranger would have even less trouble getting those rockets off him in UTXMP then U2XMP.

ow and I do use locking regularly and I do kill a lot of people with it. But you never had a ranger on a mountain?

fireball said:
No, that'd make both the ranger and gunner overpowered.
well that is good, then FMI only has to make the gas wider and the shotgun 10% more powerfull and there is back the balance.

Last edited:

Fleury14

Lei STILL sux. It's true.
Jan 6, 2003
Fresno, CA
Visit site
heavy_wargod said:
well that is good, then FMI only has to make the gas wider and the shotgun 10% more powerfull and there is back the balance.

Is your goal instagib?

Right now the only thing that sticks out to me is the shotgun being a bit to strong. Gas is fine right now; it spreads out slower so you actually have to aim it to be effective with it.

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
Wargod - Have you tried firing your locked rockets straight up in the air? That gives them a higher angle of approach on the target. It doesn't always work, but it's better than nothing. It can also work going around corners.

heavy_wargod

destructive poppets!!
Nov 25, 2004
GotBeer? said:
Wargod - Have you tried firing your locked rockets straight up in the air? That gives them a higher angle of approach on the target. It doesn't always work, but it's better than nothing. It can also work going around corners.

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh
:D thanks for the tip, but I play U2XMP for a very long while, like 2-3 years, so I do know that, but as I posted, the UTXMP locked rockets do not wait on going to the target, they right away go to the target, and that is not the case in U2XMP. there the rockets go for a short while practically straight up, and then move to the target, so there the ranger would have more trouble with the rockets(in U2XMP).

Naib

Jan 31, 2004
heavy_wargod said:
never had one on a large mountain, and then you shoot them up, but the ranger walks back

But you have stopped him from shooting at you for a bit, giving you time to find some better cover, or close the distance so you can take him out

Anyway, it's not meant to be easy to take out a ranger at from the far side of the map. You make it sound like you want a gunner that can move faster than everyone else, and have the advantage at any range

T-Shinzon

Sep 28, 2004
If it worked in U2, then there's no point changing it. I don't see why some people are so intent that the "issues" (like Conc jumping) must be fixed their way. It ends up unbalancing in one direction, then they overcompensate by inventing new balances, and back and forth it goes, until the game is nearly unrecognizable.

Most Conc jumps occur with the concussion grenade exploding behind you anyway. It worked just fine in U2; it should work here.

Also, my Ranger shots seem to be missing a lot more, but that probably is because BBF was pinging at 150+. And the Ranger's pistol has been borked. You used to be able to fire off a triple burst and then start firing primary nearly right away; now you have to wait, so it's better to just use either firing mode exclusively.

fireball

Reach out and torch someone
heavy_wargod said:
duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh
:D thanks for the tip, but I play U2XMP for a very long while, like 2-3 years, so I do know that, but as I posted, the UTXMP locked rockets do not wait on going to the target, they right away go to the target, and that is not the case in U2XMP. there the rockets go for a short while practically straight up, and then move to the target, so there the ranger would have more trouble with the rockets(in U2XMP).
Fire one burst up and one straight for him. He'll either die or spend so much time dodging the damn things you can move on and/or hit him with the rocket primary.

Fleury14

Lei STILL sux. It's true.
Jan 6, 2003
Fresno, CA
Visit site
T-Shinzon said:
If it worked in U2, then there's no point changing it. I don't see why some people are so intent that the "issues" (like Conc jumping) must be fixed their way. It ends up unbalancing in one direction, then they overcompensate by inventing new balances, and back and forth it goes, until the game is nearly unrecognizable.

Most Conc jumps occur with the concussion grenade exploding behind you anyway. It worked just fine in U2; it should work here.

Also, my Ranger shots seem to be missing a lot more, but that probably is because BBF was pinging at 150+. And the Ranger's pistol has been borked. You used to be able to fire off a triple burst and then start firing primary nearly right away; now you have to wait, so it's better to just use either firing mode exclusively.

You know, had U2XMP actually been a finished game, it's very likely those two 'features' would have been removed.

Mar 6, 2004
(GR)Killer said:
Rangers can't hit **** now, you even agree'd with me and thought you were the only one to notice this today.

I guess it was just my normal ping issues i have with utxmp/u2xmp...it's now kinda easy with sniper rifle/pistol.