New mutator to protect spawns?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
I agree with mat69

Also, salade does have a point. BW, just post the screenshot and prove him wrong. He won't doubt you if you make him eat his words.

If you don't want to post a screen (I have no idea why) at least describe the spot in detail. Which map, which spawn, what loc ID?

Bushwack

Avenged Sevenfold...
Jul 21, 2003
Ohio, NE
Visit site
Post screens, or detailed descriptions, Why? so everyone will know where it is and use it, since its not getting fixed and im supposedly making it all up, who cares anymore?
I dont ...
@ Mat69, you dont know me, nor have ever played the game with me for any length of time, so your assumption that i want to be guided safely through a map is unfounded, i just want to be able to have a chance to play, instead of sitting out because over half my respawns are takin within a few feet of where i spawn, that is all. As far as smoke usage, i use it, but i get tired of the cries of "OMG SMOKE SPAMMAR" and "stop Spamming smoke" when im effectively covering either my ingress or egress points which is what it was intended for...{see this thread} http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=123540 Smoke doesnt stop them from blind fireing into your spawn area either, and usually, its been my experience {and what i would do} that if i cant see inside it, ill nade it...so one suggestion and usage leads to the other in point of fact.

To address leaving your spawn in a large group, thats tactically a huge mistake, one man is a waste of ammo, 5 men is a target of opportunity. I cant count the number of times someone was right on my 6, in egress of an area, and i was killed becuase i couldnt back up to cover.

Kw, blade, when have you ever known me to make anything up, let alone for attention? gimme a break, its over, im over it drop it, dont fix it, let it be...

As far as proof for you salad, i dont owe you anything, you hijack my thread insulting me, make blind accusations as to the intention of my suggestion, intimate i failed learning something in kindergarten, your going to get defensive remarks in turn. Nor has anyone other than in text proved me wrong by posting screenshots to the contrary of what im stating. If my word carries no weight, then the other posters in this threads', word, should also by your reckoning be worth little or nothing as well. Ridiculous arguement either way isnt it?

My reaction to trolls...not that im insinuating that was your intent, but it came across that way.
Post something constructively, or dont bother, insulting people for thier percieved opinions because they differ from yours is entirely uncalled for especially in this case.

<edit>

Last edited:

5eleven

I don't give a f**k, call the Chaplain
Mar 23, 2003
Ohio
Visit site
This isn't really directed at anyone in particular, and I guess I'm not really bitching, but at first I was very angry and frustrated with spawnkilling. It was a problem. For the most part, the people that I play with, really and truly avoid spawnkilling now. Those that intentionally spawnkill are pretty lame, indeed.

Nonetheless, I like the "exitkilling" term as well.

But I even see some problems with that. In some of these maps, walking a short distance from spawn, only to find someone secreted at the first exit point to take you out, gets pretty frustrating as well.

It seems in some of these games, that it isn't really defend or attack.....it's rush to all known exits of the enemy spawn, take cover, and wait. Which kind of sucks, mostly because if you happen to respawn alone, you are pretty phukked. (Well, if you play as badly as I do) Rarely does a team "defend" the CD by setting up any type of inner or even outer perimeter. When I am on defend, I try to get to the CD as quickly as I can, and work my way out from there to prevent attackers from getting to the CD. When you are on defend and suddenly the CD is taken, and the attackers make it to the extraction area.....there's something wrong with your defense, and not just bad shootin'.

I realize that a lot of this has to do with my lack of skill playing, but I've found that although I really like this new gametype with 2.9, I find it much more frustrating because of the aforementioned. This isn't a complaint really, as much as an observation.

I'll put it to you this way: I do not know how to fix this "problem", but I can tell you that the games I played in 2.86 with random team spawn seemed to be more fun. I just think that knowing exactly where each team spawns, turns it away from defend and attack, and turns it more into a TDM.

In addition, I hafta side with Bush on this point: Everyone suggests smoke, nades, etc. to cover your spawn, but when he's done it, I've seen people complain about smoke spamming. I guess I don't understand that, but I've seen that as well. I also don't understand the "leave a guy at the spawn" comment from earlier. I mean, logically, that makes sense, but what kind of fun is that?

Another question: What do you guys mean by taking a screenshot in this instance...........? Are you suggesting spawning and taking screenies? I guess I don't understand that, because the last thing on my mind when I get killed is taking a screenie. :lol:

Da_Blade

Da sharpest man around!
Jan 29, 2002
The Netherlands
www.dablade.nl
Again Bushwack, i get the feeling you haven't played online in quite a while. You complain about spawnkilling and people bitching about smoke usage, yet i have not seen either in quite a while.

I get the feeling you are still frustrated by something that happened a while ago, and it's still not out of your system. But i assure you, join a server nowadays and you'll have no trouble at all. Or maybe it's an american thing to play like that, but on the european server i see none of the behavior you are so frustrated about....

mat69

just fooling around
Dec 9, 2001
Österreich
www.combatmaps.de
I have to second Da_Balde on this matter, I never played on a server where someone accused anybody of his/her smoke usage and I nearly never was spawnkilled and only a few times exitkilled and there it was mostly "my fault". So maybe you should change the server you are playing on - if you do play online and have the possibility to change.

Yes I also can not remember playing with you, but I actually I have also a really bad memory :D - that's why I posted "it seems ...".

Bushwack

Avenged Sevenfold...
Jul 21, 2003
Ohio, NE
Visit site
Fair enough, but i play all the time, almost nightly, i however cannot play on most euro servers as i play INF on dialup{there is no cable yet available in my area, soon though}. The last week or so due to real life things i havent played, its not fun at the moment, so i think after some break time ill reinstall and play again, just not now.

hopefully by then ill have cable that works well enough to play on some euro servers.

Und ich habe doch nicht ganz vergessen meine mutter sprache :D

Bushwack

Avenged Sevenfold...
Jul 21, 2003
Ohio, NE
Visit site
AAAAHH, Austrian, still not that big a deal though for me to understand, as far as text, spoken dialect might be another story :D
you all sound soo much like The Governator :D

mat69

just fooling around
Dec 9, 2001
Österreich
www.combatmaps.de
hehe, yes, but his voice is more hard and Arnie can't really speak german, as well as english :D
This was not really a dialect, more likely spoken language, the dialect is horrible I tell you!
I lived once in the southeast of styria (where most alcoholics in austria are ;) ), it is like a different language --> different vocabulary. The same is in elsewhere in Austria.

Sorry for ot and bumping this old thread, but I was OT for a while.

Btw. Bushwack, has your problem been solved? Have you more fun now, or did you just stop playing 2.9 online? (I did not played 2.9 for some time --> SW: Knights of the Old Republic is simply great :) )

Last edited:

Vega-don

arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
bushwak , you got a gun right?

now when you spawn, aim it , and shot the people who camp outside your spawn without trying to attack.. that will stop them. i did it on arab outpost with deathwalker

Bushwack

Avenged Sevenfold...
Jul 21, 2003
Ohio, NE
Visit site
Ive got KOTOR on Xbox, and your right, its great, not INF , but great.

NO Don, its not been fixed, and its still being done regularly, apparently its considered a valid tactic :rolleyes: , and when it happens it ruins my night enough i just leave, ill play something else...ive been modelling some new firearms for INF, provided a coder and a skinner is willing to help out once they are completed.

Last edited: