New Model from me, a Liandri Angel!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

EvilEngine

GodMode
Mar 31, 2003
www.evilengine.net
I've been posting a day by day update of a new model I'm making for Ut2004 at the ATARI forums, and figured I would post the final result here.
Heres the final stage of version #1 of the Liandri Angel.
Version #2 should have the cryo-glass over the limbs and torso that I will finish later today.
Note, that in-game I have a shader with certain sections of the armor texture with transparency so an animated material glows beneath it, so it looks as though theres a yellowish energy pulsing through the cables and inner section of the suit. Her eyes are glossy black(like a great White shark, an alien grey, or some angels you might have seen in movies) you can't really see that here in the screenshot, but in UnrealEd I used a cubemap so its more effective. It's not available yet for download, as I am trying not to rush through everything till I'm done. But expect it by the end of the week with custom everything(sounds,gibs,animations,particle FX, and skeleton)

*updated download link below, but incase your lazy like me:

Name:Liandri Angel
Version:1.0
Compatibility:Ut2004 only, and to see the FX you must have a decent video card(post-geforce2 generation)
Description:The Liandri Angel that was featured in Unreal2:The Awakening. But this is my version of it/her.
Comments:Uses custom content like gibs,bloodFX and particles. For those wanting to use online or on incompatible servers use the alternative UPL I included.
Screenshot:http://rfhq.com/ss/ss.php?pic=http://www.hqnfiles.com/ss/liandri-angel.jpg
Credits:Thanks to Epic for the original cybernetic mesh.
Homepage:
Download:http://www.ut2003hq.com/downit2.php?ID=4789

Last edited:

Mr.Wigglez

Wiggle With Me!
Jul 14, 2004
link to d/l that beast?, that is awesome, cant wait til ur pred comes out also EE.

EvilEngine

GodMode
Mar 31, 2003
www.evilengine.net
Heres some more screenshots of the "Ready-for-Primetime" version.
I may just go ahead and release it , and forget about the glass version, I may release that one at a later date.
If theres another MSUC next year, I hope to submit this one amongst others I have.

Aug 2, 2004
Its pretty damn good now so you could release it although if there are any little changes you would like to do it is up to you anyway, thus far you are the only one who has that model and it is your choice to upload and share it with the world. BTW, could you post some TC shots :D.

EvilEngine

GodMode
Mar 31, 2003
www.evilengine.net
Heres the teamskins:

I would release it now, but I have some little extras I want to add in the animations.
I'm thinking of adding some type of metal tendrils that propel from her abdomen when she does a victory pose, so I'm playing around with some bone attachments to see what would make this model more unique.

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
Excellent stuff... Love the subtle/dark team colours waayy more sekksy ;)

Take your time too as the idea you have sounds awesome and we know it'll be worth the wait!

Aug 2, 2004
By tendrils flying around do you mean like some kind of limp thing that suddenly errects? Sounds interesting and the TCs rock.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2004
Yeah thats what i though or like that dinosaur from jurassic park(i know i shouldn't hav phrased it like that but that was the only way i could explain the thooughts in my head).

EvilEngine

GodMode
Mar 31, 2003
www.evilengine.net
Heres the Angel in her final stage of development, now with wings!
The tendril idea didnt work out the way I planned, and it looked out of place so I put wings on her instead(don't all angels have wings?)
I will probably release the model tonight or early tommorow morning, depending on which website wants me to upload it to first.

Last edited: