1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

New Model from me, a Liandri Angel!

Discussion in 'Modeling & Skinning' started by EvilEngine, Aug 24, 2004.

1. EvilEngine

EvilEngine GodMode

Hopefully this afternoon, or this morning.
    Note I live in California, so who knows what time it will be in your timezone.

Heres how she/it will look in game:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

It will contain a custom species that will feature custom gibs, blood and particle fx for headshots and bodyshots.
    I was going to use a custom voice, but the female robot voice works just fine so I left it alone. For those of you that have issues connecting to servers that don't have the model, I will include an alternative UPL so you can play online. But to see the model the way I designed it, the custom species is the best way to play.

2. Mr.Wigglez

Mr.Wigglez Wiggle With Me!

yea i live in florida so hopefully today.

3. Darth_Chaos

Darth_Chaos God

Oh so this is another one that turns to jakob..... oh!!! Nice and the wings are great :D.

4. Mr.Wigglez

turns to jakob?

5. klasnic

klasnic ra ra rat Putin!

Awesome!! Keepin' an eye out :D

6. Mr.Wigglez

man cant wait to d/l that beast. nice work EE.

7. EvilEngine

EvilEngine GodMode

8. EvilEngine

EvilEngine GodMode

Name:Liandri Angel
    Version:1.0
    Compatibility:Ut2004 only, and to see the FX you must have a decent video card(post-geforce2 generation)
    Description:The Liandri Angel that was featured in Unreal2:The Awakening. But this is my version of it/her.
    Comments:Uses custom content like gibs,bloodFX and particles. For those wanting to use online or on incompatible servers use the alternative UPL I included.
    Screenshot:http://rfhq.com/ss/ss.php?pic=http://www.hqnfiles.com/ss/liandri-angel.jpg
    Credits:Thanks to Epic for the original cybernetic mesh.
    Homepage:
    Download:http://www.ut2003hq.com/downit2.php?ID=4789

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. Mr.Wigglez

dude EE ur skin is awesome but sucks u can play online with it. what did u do to it?

10. EvilEngine

EvilEngine GodMode

Have you tried playing online yet?
    Depends on servers that don't have the model becuase of the custom species and fx. In the readme I give you directions on how to get around this.

11. Mr.Wigglez

every single server i went on which was 34 of them i couldnt get in it. ill read the read me ^^

Last edited: Aug 29, 2004
  12. Mr.Wigglez

whenever i go in a game i get kicked for it. hope i can solve the prob the best skin i seen in along time.

13. Mr.Wigglez

ahh ur model is no good online only good for looking at.

14. EvilEngine

EvilEngine GodMode

Arghhhhhhhhh!
    In your UT2004 directory, there should be a folder called:
    "AlternativeUPL"
    Copy the Liandri-Angel.upl in it and overwrite the one in your system directory. And everything should work.

15. Mr.Wigglez

when i d/l the thing i overwrit it and it still doesnt work trust me i know what im talkin bout.

16. Mr.Wigglez

Dude EE help me out here, i really wanna use ur model, its so sweet. but it wont let me always says incompatable file animations, or system, or one of the others. i can only use it on my own server or instant action. so help me out so i can use it dude.

17. Darth_Chaos

Darth_Chaos God

Here is what you do. If EE did what I think he did(I've yet to d/l it) then one upl will have species merc and another will have the custom species. Name one S(erver,species merc) with whatever else is there and name the other NonS(erver, custom species). This was also what I explained in the U2soldiers thread at atari.

18. klasnic

klasnic ra ra rat Putin!

In the original zip file in the UT2004 Folder there's another folder called AlternativeUPL -> That's the one You use online just copy that file into your UT2004\System folder if you wanna' use the model online - If you're not gonna' be using it online use the other .upl that's in the zip System folder :) EE explained what to do in the readme.

:2thumb: for the model EE it's great - especially like the wings - they should have been that way on the epic Xan one instead of sideways :)

19. Mr.Wigglez

yea i use the alternate upl. but it still doesnt work. says summen like incompatible files then says the file everytime i red/l it, the file is always different. but idk ill try to do what DC said.

20. Mr.Wigglez

DC d/l him and see if he did what u think he did.