new animal pawns for Unreal !?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mental-HunteR

Dec 9, 2009
Could be, i am not a professional modeler or whatever, probably will be fixed later

Anyways, heres a Bat:

[SCREENSHOT]http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/7939/bat1.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
The bat image doesn't load for me...

Mental-HunteR

Dec 9, 2009
that's weird, it does for me. Anyways, here's a SawedOff, this is the last pic i show of this mod tho, it's getting annoying posting a screenie of every new thing that i put in the mod, and i'm sure others get annoyed as well.

[SCREENSHOT]http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/167/sawedoff.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

EDIT: if anyone wants to see more you need to join the server.

Exus Tecius

like diamonds in the sky
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
hey it is ok MH.this a thread about a new unreal mod made by you.
no one will be annoyed.and the shotgun looks good.

PS: i searched for the postal2 safari mod on moddb.it says there are also an bear,cheetah and eagle/falcon.can we expect them too ?

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
The bat image loads, but could you try moving the firstpersonview offset a bit forward? I mean it looks like as if the arm was cut off and hanging out in air.
And it really looks like bnosmooth is on or something. But could be with the meshes then, if it is not turned to true in display.

Last edited:

Mental-HunteR

Dec 9, 2009
hehe you mean backwards? Yeah i can sure, in Postal their waay bigger then i have them anyways, but BnoSmooth could possibily set to true, might have forgotten to put that on true. And I'm not going to post every new thing on here Exus, because it's annoying to keep on making screens, upload them, and then link them on like 2/3 forums. Ow and for that Safari mod, not sure, maybe.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
hehe you mean backwards? Yeah i can sure, in Postal their waay bigger then i have them anyways, but BnoSmooth could possibily set to true, might have forgotten to put that on true. And I'm not going to post every new thing on here Exus, because it's annoying to keep on making screens, upload them, and then link them on like 2/3 forums. Ow and for that Safari mod, not sure, maybe.
Yeah...but in theory the offset should be in forward (the screen position is as in forward) but the gun position backwards, well not sure now exactly, since I forgot how the offset really calculates now.
No, I mean Bnosmooth must be on false. If it is on true it will make the skin look all pixelizated like in software rendering, some projectiles in Unreal have that, like stinger projectiles or the shell cases. That's why I set that to false, for example at my gott mod, it looks more detailed.

Mental-HunteR

Dec 9, 2009
hehe yea i know, typo, look: but BnoSmooth could possibily set to true, might have forgotten to put that on true. And yes, i get you're point, working on that aswell for the next beta release :)

War_Master

May 27, 2005
SmoothingGroups is not bNoSmooth. the smoothinggroups should be set in the modeling/animating program you're using before exporting to the .3d unreal format. Every default mesh from Unreal and UT were set like that properly and I think that yours dont have it. What it does is that it makes lightning to display nicely and smooth around polies in a mesh making it more realistic to simply put it. Otherwise, a shadow in a poly of the mesh will cover the whole poly making it look dark in some areas depending of the direction of the light which will seem as if the mesh looks broken in pieces.

btw, dont forget to also Merge the models together in the program or you will see your mesh polies disappear as you walk away from the pawn in the game.

Mental-HunteR

Dec 9, 2009
I'm not experienced with models, as soon as i found out i could actually port the models i did, i know there are lot of bugs to fix, so here is how i've done the Dog:

Code:
//===============================================================================
//  [Dog] 
//===============================================================================

class Dog expands ScriptedPawn;

#exec MESH MODELIMPORT MESH=Dog MODELFILE=Models\Dog.psk
#exec MESH ORIGIN MESH=Dog X=0 Y=0 Z=50 YAW=-64 PITCH=0 ROLL=0
#exec ANIM IMPORT ANIM=animDog ANIMFILE=Models\animDog.psa COMPRESS=1 MAXKEYS=999999 IMPORTSEQS=1
#exec MESHMAP SCALE MESHMAP=Dog X=1.0 Y=1.0 Z=1.0
#exec MESH DEFAULTANIM MESH=Dog ANIM=animDog

#exec ANIM SEQUENCE ANIM=animDog  SEQ=All STARTFRAME=0 NUMFRAMES=700
#exec ANIM SEQUENCE ANIM=animDog  SEQ=lay_in STARTFRAME=0 NUMFRAMES=61
#exec ANIM SEQUENCE ANIM=animDog  SEQ=lay_on STARTFRAME=61 NUMFRAMES=61
#exec ANIM SEQUENCE ANIM=animDog  SEQ=Lay_out STARTFRAME=122 NUMFRAMES=31
#exec ANIM SEQUENCE ANIM=animDog  SEQ=run_scared STARTFRAME=153 NUMFRAMES=20
#exec ANIM SEQUENCE ANIM=animDog  SEQ=pounce STARTFRAME=173 NUMFRAMES=39
#exec ANIM SEQUENCE ANIM=animDog  SEQ=Die STARTFRAME=212 NUMFRAMES=24
#exec ANIM SEQUENCE ANIM=animDog  SEQ=Walk STARTFRAME=236 NUMFRAMES=33
#exec ANIM SEQUENCE ANIM=animDog  SEQ=Run STARTFRAME=269 NUMFRAMES=20
#exec ANIM SEQUENCE ANIM=animDog  SEQ=stand STARTFRAME=289 NUMFRAMES=143
#exec ANIM SEQUENCE ANIM=animDog  SEQ=bark STARTFRAME=432 NUMFRAMES=31
#exec ANIM SEQUENCE ANIM=animDog  SEQ=piss STARTFRAME=463 NUMFRAMES=101
#exec ANIM SEQUENCE ANIM=animDog  SEQ=attack STARTFRAME=564 NUMFRAMES=35
#exec ANIM SEQUENCE ANIM=animDog  SEQ=limp STARTFRAME=599 NUMFRAMES=101

#exec ANIM DIGEST ANIM=animDog VERBOSE

#exec TEXTURE IMPORT NAME=Dog FILE=Textures\Dog.bmp GROUP=Skins FLAGS=2

#EXEC MESHMAP SETTEXTURE MESHMAP=Dog NUM=0 TEXTURE=Dog

defaultproperties
{
     Texture=None
     Skin=None
     Mesh=SkeletalMesh'Dog'

}

Last edited:

dr.flay

Dr.Flay™
Sep 19, 2011
Kernow, UK
yourunreal.wordpress.com
I know this thread has been dormant for a year, but why has no one asked for the hellhound texture file?
I found the link to the DSound.uax (which still hasn't been packaged with the full zip)

UT 451b + Direct3D9 renderer version 1.3
I have found that placing any of the models in a map with the editor will lock it up if you are using any view mode other than basic wire-frame. (in my editor config the windows are set to use software rendering)
Summoning them, or using a mutator like "MonsterSpawn" seems to work better.

My only complaint about this pack (other than missing files and locking up the editor) is that all the animals are set to Human in the AI.
I'd rather place them into the maps manually so I can change the settings from "Hate" to "Threaten" and "Hate on activate" which I find better in the middle of a deathmatch.

Anyway... Anyone got the Hellhound textures?