More Servers with Real Aim Mutator Please!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BrownCow

I Heart Gnat.
Jun 18, 2000
Originally posted by yurch
I ask you right now, what use does any stanima management have in current inf? Youve said it yourself BC, the current bulk system is a joke. You might as well just take the stanima bar out, because the only thing it limits is bunnyhopping. And if its so easy to take out a speeding player at 2.86 speeds, perhaps you should ask yourself why that is.
The "good" players will always dominate the game, and adjust his tactics accordingly, you and I ****ing know that. But notice that the others aren't complaining so much now.
Perhaps I did something right.

Umm.. well, with my sig loadout, on the 5th lap or so around Kosovo i have ot start managing my stamina :p

ahaha.. I know the bulk system is a joke. I'm not saying the stam right now is good, it isn't, but i think your's is too drastic. But yours is more towards the truth. The whole strafing thing isn't a big deal cuz i don't really do it, but i don't think it is realistic, it could be tweaked some.

Yes you might have done somthing right, but I personally would have rather seen the players adapted to the situation and gotten better and the would be able to play how they wanted(realisticly) and still win, as can be done. To me altering the game for player problems is a copout. That is my whole complaint. I would rather players get better. But, yes it does work. If it gets people playing that would normally not play, that is cool.

JamesT

sniper apprentice
Jun 25, 2001
Taiwan
inf.dearhoney.idv.tw
Originally posted by BrownCow
To me altering the game for player problems is a copout.
What!?

Do you know a fact the rules of a certain sport game are changed once in a while by the highest authorities of that particular sport?

Do you know why sometimes rules of games have to be changed?

That is because if some rules are not good and have some holes in them, they have to be changed to make the game more fair and more reasonable.

I can give you a somehow very extreme example, when drugs had not been invented, there wasn't a rule that sports player can't use drugs. But after people think using drugs is wrong, the rule was added so that using drugs became illegal in a sports game.

In your logic, quoted above, you mean when the rule is not perfect, it's not the rules that need to be changed but the players should adapt themself to the imperfect rules. What the hell when sport players used drugs because there haven't been a rule to restrict that? Then every player should use drugs in order to win?

You may be partly right that players CAN adapt themself to win under whatever rules. BUT! Imperfect rules of a game should be changed, too!

Otherwise, why do we need 2.86? Insta-prone-hopping, prone-being-hard-to-hit, leaning-being-hard-to-hit, etc, etc, these 2.85 things could also be overcome.

Currently INF is not perfect, just like a new developed sport game type, with imperfect embryonic rules.

We are aware of that INF has a goal toward realism. So, yurch made a mutator to push INF one step forward to realsim. What's wrong with it?

You said this mutator won't change people's mind. I don't think this mutator is made so as to "change people's mind." It merely push INF one step forward toward realism. Just like some better rules for a sport game.

R-Force

(IF)
Nov 21, 2000
Canada, Quebec, Terrebonne
No real change in who's the winner? Watch me next time you play on AFA and i'm there... It's not rare that i beat a whole team on my own there.

And no, i'm not kicking ass on any normal INF server, just on AFA. I'm poor at running and gunning, and for some reasons i can't use 2 keys from my keyboard while i sprint, so i can't even try to compete...

The slower paced gameplay allow me to play the way i do best...

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
Excelent arguments, JamesT. I agree with every one.

R-Force: You know as well as I do, if there are at least Two AFA guys, we both get our asses kicked :p Not including Yurch :D

But yes, I really like this mutie. It encourages tactical movement. You can move fast, but you have to conserve that speed like in real life. You can jog all the way around Extreme Prejudice, but you can't sprint. It makes you have to think.

I especially like the fact that people don't teleport anymore. On a 28.8, the speeds INF has for sprinting are just ridiculous. People could appear from anywhere. Reminded me of the Physical Adept from Shadowrun who has magically enhanced speed and aim.

Then Real aim comes along and people use cover. They hide behind things and try to move carefully between points. Well, those who stay and play do. Those who get frustrated because they can't sprint forever leave. But the rest enjoy a very interesting and methodical game. Things like suppressive fire and ducking work, because you know the other guy isn't going to be there in half a second.

It gets even better when you're playing against people with some strategy. The other day I played on AFA 2 against Rouge and Stormcaller. It was 5-3 in favor of my team, but they still wiped us clean. Why? Because we didn't work together as we could have. They did. It makes it so if you use teamwork, you _will_ win.

JamesT

sniper apprentice
Jun 25, 2001
Taiwan
inf.dearhoney.idv.tw
Please STOP judging things by winning-or-losing.

Do you have any sportsmanship?

I know some of you are very good computer game players and can always win either under whatever rules or under some certain rules. And of course some people are not very good computer game players, like me.

But that's not the point!

"Your extraordinary skill" and "the rules of a game" are INDEPENDENT, please!!

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
Agreed james. If I'm able to provide cover for people or back someone up and keep them alive, that's better than killing 100 people strait without dying or winning the round. I see this mutator as making actions such as those needed to succeed.

R-Force

(IF)
Nov 21, 2000
Canada, Quebec, Terrebonne
Your right JamesT, win/loose isn't the point. I did enjoy quite a few games in wich i did not even care who was winning. Just the thrill of staying alive or attempting some coordinated teamwork is more than enough for me...

:D

Do you have any sportsmanship?

Yes, and i do help some newbie becomming better, giving out tips or simply not crushing them whenever i could so they have a fair chance of improving a bit before getting frustrated...

Sidewinder

Sep 11, 2001
Canada
Visit site
sigh...the thing is, im pretty sure the team doesnt want inf to be like UT.....
they tried to make run n gun harder in 286, but they made it easier.
i really hope they implement some of the stuff in ra in 287 and make it into that "tactical military game" as promised in the manual. right now, either dont play or play the ra. i can say im pretty sure its not comin down of afa, and personally i have a hell of alot more fun using teamwork, although thrown together mid round, than i do running around making a holy wall whenever i see someone.

&

"Sp!ke"

Tried RA 1 hour ago: Its what Inf needs to be.(IMO of course)

RAZZ

aka FURY13RT
I got to try it out finally on Ballecourt against a few guys.

after walking to the mid point. I took my sig, crouched into my favorite corner, and waited.
got six kills from one spot and lasted till someone saw my muzzel flash and naded me.
as my luck goes, I dident score more than 1 or 2 kills for the rest of the match.
but even then, that ranks as one of the best nights of inf Ive played in a while.

EP with this mod simply rocks.
I had NO instances of someone rushing me and getting away with it.
I only had one unpleasant suprise of someone banking a corner and railing me (which was my fault for crouching in a bad position)

The zig zagging, circle straifing, and usual acrobatics were gone for the length of time I was there.
I dunno all the details of what you did, but they worked ;)

the only question I have is if iron sited weapons or the red dot site on the mp5 are also affected.
part of the reason we take those is because we can move with them in the upright position.
Far as acogs, I cant wait to see how that works out. sounds like it should end the griping once and for all.
(especially since my favorite job is counter sniping with my sig)

-GAT-Apoculos

Mar 26, 2001
gat.theonlinegaming.com
to say inf is like UT is a totally retarded thing to say rogue ;p. And ra is kewl, I do think the stanima decrease is a little to fast though.

And now to disagree with BC. They made this mutator because its what they want. Let them have it. Thats why people make mutators to change the game to their likeing.

RA doesnt bother me that much, but I agree with BC that it basically makes INF what clan matches are now..... in any case FRAG ON!

peep

peep==class
Jul 13, 2001
Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Exactly ^^^^^^^^^^^

Why can't the people who aren't in clans have a decent match with some strategy and thought put into it?

I've been looking at the AFA server in my browser as of late, but there aren't too many people. What times is it more populated? I'm usually on weekday mornings. I like INF with my coffee.

poaw

You used to sleep easy at night.
Mar 25, 2001
Camp Pendleton, California
BrownCow didn't say if we wanted team work we should join a clan and play in clan matches?

So then what's wrong with us bringing the clan match to us instead of the other way around.

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
But at the same time, making it so if you want to do it, you have to Think, Practice, and Try, Try Again!

Back to that word: Think. Hmm...thinking? In a game? Naw...couldn't be. :D

poaw

You used to sleep easy at night.
Mar 25, 2001
Camp Pendleton, California
Originally posted by Fenris
Just my half percent at this point of the discussion.

I don't care about any mutators. I'll not very likely see any mutator on our server.

Play INF. The way it is. Face it.

As realistic as it is now. Stop whining and play INF INF-style.

Thanks for listening.

The thing is though that the INF team is trying to go commercial. They can't/won't include things like RA because of it. So the community has to implement these things for ourselves. Without them INF is just a pretty standard FPS.

peep

peep==class
Jul 13, 2001
Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Sure, they're trying to go commercial, but a realistic FPS is what alot of people want. Just think of all those flight simulators out there that offer maximum reality. People would buy INF too, if they have a good PR person & an experienced sales staff. Or, they could just sell it to a big name company. Then we'd all be screwed.

One of the many reasons why this is the ONLY game I play is the community. Sure, there are those that should be playing other versions of FPS, but mainly, it's a group of at least mildly intelligent human beings. I've never seen another game where people are so willing to put in their own time for all of the INF players to have a better experience.

Note: if you don't like the RA mod, don't play it. Just don't talk $hit about it cause I'm damn sure that Yurch has been working hard on it. Hold your tounge out of respect for the time it took if nothing else.