1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

More Servers with Real Aim Mutator Please!!!

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by peep, Oct 5, 2001.

1. St0rmcaller

St0rmcaller [AFA]'s unoffical godfather

To be honest, I'm not even sure what the INF team really wants for the game anymore. It's not that I have lost faith in them, but rather, I am conflicted when I realize the mission statement vs. how the game is played. All I really do know is that INF is the most realistic way to go available. All the RA does is make INF's playability realistic also.

You want to play a grunt? Go to an RA server. A CQB operator? RA. Sniper? RA. John Woo hyped up on a speed ball? Go somewhere else. That easy. We can't expect for us all to want to play the same way. But if you seek realism, well, there is a reason why us RL grunts like RA so much. :D

2. GNAT

GNAT ...

U can be a grunt on a non RA server. I dont understand at all... When I play with relaxed grunt type style I kill lots of people. When I play with a hyped rush style I kill lots of people. I dont get it.... Like BC said, if your a good player you can do good on either server, playing with either style.

Ohh btw u can still run and gun on a RA server, its called JOG! You run like hell to the choke points, hit the jog and mow down the grunts. If people can't successfully run and gun on a server then I guess you get your desired results (slower grunt like behavior). All the mutator does is weed out some of the people that can't adapt to the ra portion. The players that can't adapt then begin to play like grunts, the players that can adapt still run the grunts over.

Thats just my take on the situation.. ohh also like BC said, the clan matches are played with precision teamwork and grunt movement... no mutator needed.

3. NotBillMurray

NotBillMurray It's Suntory Time!

Like he said, it doesn't eliminate any play style. It just requires some amount of skill for all play styles. Like you said, the cream will rise to the top while the rest will fail. That's all it does, and what it should do. The same happens with snipers. You can always tell the new snipers becuase of the minimal accuracy with their chosen weapon. They either get better or move on. I'm glad that you can continue to be successful with running and gunning. It proves you are a good adaptable player.

4. St0rmcaller

St0rmcaller [AFA]'s unoffical godfather

I ain' got a beef with run&gun with RA at all. But at least with RA you're going to pay the consequences, as you would in real life. And with the added realism of RA you can easily apply real life tactics, with real life timing, and get real life results. Regular INF seems more like INF lite without it. And I don't like the panicky twitch, automatic fire that continuously pours out of everyones gun on the servers without it. All it becomes is a neat game just like UT.

5. yurch

yurch Swinging the clue-by-four

If you look at the three main tactics in inf, its pretty obvious which one is the strongest. Its a balance mutator. ****, people, how many times must it be explained? I ran up to a guy and jammed my AK in his chest yesterday on the RA server. At least I did it the fair way.
    Yes, you can run and gun all you ****ing want in a RA server.
    Yes, you will have to suffer the consequences.
    Yes, you can still act as a patrolling grunt,
    Yes, you still have to suffer the consequences.
    Yes, you can still play as a sniper.
    Yes, you can play as a loser corner camper.
    And more consequences are coming. And I am not talking about the run'n'gun kind.
    Shooting accurately is hard, and requires time to do so. It should also be the best way to win, as you are trying to kill the other guy. Its far too easy right now, and if I get my way, its gonna get harder in many cases.

Do you realise what inf will be like with bullet physics delays? It will get so much harder to hit anyone not standing still...

Think about it.

6. The_Fur

The_Fur Back in black

didn't we have this discussion some 8 billion times before? is it STILL not clear?

7. yurch

No, its not. This is an entirely new situation, as I actually do not favor a side.
    This thread should read "More people playing RA mutator please!" as we hardly ever have a full server at any other time than around 9-10 EST.

8. Keganator

Keganator White as Snow Moderator

Yeah, I know! I try to play it when I have time (around 10:00pm-11:00 pm PST) and I hardly ever find people on. Or they join, bitch, and then leave. Grr...

Balance: Yes! Yurch: Your next version of RA shouldn't be called RA. Rename it to something more fitting, like the Infiltration Conflict Balancing Mutator (ICBM) :)

9. yurch

ICBM!
    I love that! :D

10. Fenris

Fenris [-I-]Fenris

Well. Why should people play something they don't want?

At least I don't.

11. Keganator

GAH!! Fenris: That's exactly the point of the mutator. Let people try it out. See if they like it or can handle it. I like it.

Yurch: I'm glad you like it! I'll be expecting ICBM ver 1.0 out Soon!

12. Colt

Colt New Member

The RA mutty will most likely be on AFA server #1 (I think thats going to be the name), which will be up sometime this weekend.

13. Sidewinder

Sidewinder New Member

two RA servers! yay!
    well, reading my recent and not so recent posts, it seems like i want run n gun aka rsh to be gone. just to make myself clear, i want their to be realistic consequances.
    also i have a very hard time hitting people on semi m16 (no scope) who run as fast as they do in a nonra server, as they warp around for me.

14. NotBillMurray

NotBillMurray It's Suntory Time!

Yeah, that's why I was hoping SOB might consider putting it on one of their servers. Even just one would help it get exposure. Several more out there to choose from.

15. peep

peep peep==class

ICBM!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm starting to think that as well. It seems like every time I go on, there's not that many peeps on the RA servers.

To contradict myself, I was on Gamblexx this morning & it was packed. There was some good playing going on, & I didn't get killed at a corner as some superhuman ran around me in a circle; not even once.:)

I think if the ICBM was on more servers, more people would play it. It seems like everytime I'm on one, people ask if it's running. They don't even know that it's on there & they're wondering why they can't hit anything or run while aiming. I know that's how I was when I first signed on a RA server. Anyway, most of them don't leave, & I'm sure a decent amount of them like it & will come back. It just needs more exposure. Not everyone reads the forums, you know.

16. Keganator

Yay! Peep does == class! He said ICBM!

17. peep

peep peep==class

Damn skippy!

18. Chow Yun-Fat

Chow Yun-Fat W3RD UP

The difference between other servers and RA servers with the mp5: RA=semi or burst, Other=Full auto

The difference between other servers and RA servers with the robar or psg1: RA=one clip of ammo (after learning to actually snipe) and two to three tangos down, Other=three clips of ammo and one tango down.

RA is just.... how do you say.. TOOO SEXY?! No? :D

19. Chow Yun-Fat

Chow Yun-Fat W3RD UP

W - E - R - D !

EDIT: Storm, I'm always gettin' my Woo on, even in RA. I just value my playing time and try NOT to get shot. I have a buddhist medium in playing INF.

20. Other Dave

Other Dave New Member

Guilty as Charged, Yurch

I love the RA mod but rarely jump onto the AFA server, since I'm looking for games with 10 or more players and usually only see six or fewer.

Perhaps we should organize a RA day for us enthusiasts?