Michael Capps Replies To Greg Costikyan's Accusations Of Overworking Employees

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
I understand that. What I'm talking about is perspective. If someone demands to only work 40 hours and nothing else I doubt the first thing that'd come to mind is....wow, what a hard worker.
Nobody's stupid enough to straight up DEMAND to only work 40 hours, if they are they're very much jobless right now. I always establish a habit of working 10 to 7 (lunches don't count) and making sure I get my work done, so that nobody EXPECTS me to always work more than 40 hours a week, because that expectation is what can lead to exploitation. When it comes down to crunch yeah, I'm going to be here, but when things calm down again I will get right back into my 10-7 routine.

Mar 20, 2002
Chica Go
Visit site
Nobody's stupid enough to straight up DEMAND to only work 40 hours, if they are they're very much jobless right now. I always establish a habit of working 10 to 7 (lunches don't count) and making sure I get my work done, so that nobody EXPECTS me to always work more than 40 hours a week, because that expectation is what can lead to exploitation. When it comes down to crunch yeah, I'm going to be here, but when things calm down again I will get right back into my 10-7 routine.
Perfect, I don't see anyone having a problem with that mentality. This was what I was trying to say.

Sijik

Snagged an item.
Aug 27, 2004
All Hallows Sunset

Exactly.
I've seen a lot of new testers start nabbing every OT opportunity they can, on other projects or when it's not that crucial. Once crunch time starts, they're among the first burned out...

Gotta' enjoy the easy times so you'll be ready and useful once crunch hits.