Metroids!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Turret 49

Doomer at heart
Jun 26, 2004
I've created a Metroid model in Maya (it's a mix of the old school metroids and the new 3d ones), and I'd like someone to skin it.

(That's just a placeholder texture to show you what it looks like)

Reference pictures:

Any takers?

Attachments

• MetroidLarva.rar
    77.7 KB · Views: 10
  • MetroidLarva.zip
    108.7 KB · Views: 7

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
Creepy. :eek: Those would go great with a Metroid themed level (thank you Captain Obvious :lol: ). I've always thought Norfair would make a great 2k4 level.

MetroidCrocomire.gif

[edit] lol, now I so want to play that game again.

Last edited:

Turret 49

Doomer at heart
Jun 26, 2004
My only real gripe is that I wanted them to have actual Metroid sounds, but I can't find any anywhere, so I guess they'll have to do with robot :hmm:

SkullCrusher

What are YOU looking at?!?!
Feb 25, 2006
Harrisburg, PA
knowign the netbeing as big as it is there is BOUND to be a place witht he sounds! i'll help ya look and see wut i can find. try using www.dogpile.com its much better than google becuz it searchs no jsut one search engine but ALLL of the search engins on the net. so if dogpile can't find wut u r looking for nothing can!

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
Looks great :tup:, ah good old times.

Hm, gonna play it on my Super Nintendo Emulator in break :D

Turret 49

Doomer at heart
Jun 26, 2004
Turret 49 said:
Any takers?

EDIT: Actually, while I'm waiting for a reply I might as well try to make the vein thingies :)

EDIT 2: Done. They look a bit weird now, but that's only because of the unmasked squares.

Attachments

• MetroidLarva2.rar
    92 KB · Views: 6
  • MetroidLarva2.zip
    132.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

SvartWolf

Moonlover Wolfhearted
Feb 27, 2006
Santiago//Chile
haha great!

sorry, but I dont know how to make textures...

but im thinkhing.. there isn a way to rip or modificate Samus from the Metroid prime sagas into unreal... that would be quite cool!

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
SvartWolf said:
but im thinkhing.. there isn a way to rip or modificate Samus from the Metroid prime sagas into unreal... that would be quite cool!
pic2_id2198.jpg

Download here

btw, I`d suggest a new gametype....Metroid Invasion :lol:

Turret 49

Doomer at heart
Jun 26, 2004
FYI, that Samus has a dislocated shoulder, because it is using the robot animations. There's also this one, but it has lots of clipping, and weapons are still visible through the arm cannon. :hmm:

Last edited:

AizenSA

The Divine Tyrant
Dec 8, 2005
Geonosis
www.myspace.com
Turret 49 said:
I've created a Metroid model in Maya (it's a mix of the old school metroids and the new 3d ones), and I'd like someone to skin it.

(That's just a placeholder texture to show you what it looks like)

Reference pictures:

Any takers?

dude that would be an awesome invasion creature to fight nice job!

Turret 49

Doomer at heart
Jun 26, 2004
CheapAlert said:
That samus model looks familiar

Why is that?

Anyway, I'm still waiting for someone to come along and say "I'll do it!".

I've also started on another model (which I'm not sure if I'll finish), and if you want a clue on what it is, it's name starts with R. ;)