Melee weapon?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BadAss84

BadAss[zero]
May 21, 2003
UK
heh chainsaw would own :)

I would actually like to see a new melee weapon i think, something different to both the IH and the SG ^^

T

Tournament0

Shield Gun should be included in "Envy", but Epic should modify it in some way.
I don't think that everyone here likes the Shield Gun, so that's why I think Epic should modify it.
Maybe Epic will have both Impact Hammer and Shield Gun. Maybe. ;)

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
RIPPER CHAINSAW!!!
//drools.....

Its unoriginal, but something like the gravity gun on Halflife 2 that can deflect projectiles and stuff would be awesome

btw, Pogo stick would be sweet. I look forward to watching Boogity trickjump with one :D

Last edited:

BooGiTyBoY

The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR
The_Head said:
btw, Pogo stick would be sweet. I look forward to watching Boogity trickjump with one :D

:lol:

We just need one of these is all:

My melee weapon proposal:
olyps080p3copy1ir.jpg

Last edited:

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
BooGiTyBoY said:
:lol:

We just need one of these is all:

My melee weapon proposal:
:lol: Awesome. Just imagine a jump from Torlan's tower with that thing in your hands... :D

@The_Head: sorry, but could you shorten your walking wolf animation by just a centimeter? It's stretching out the posts. Thanks

ThirtySixBelow

tactical inaccuracy
Feb 6, 2005
I personally think the chainsaw would be dumb. All of these futuristic weapons that shoot plasma and such, and then we have a craftsman chainsaw for the melee weapon :con: I hope they stick with the shield gun.

DeeperShade

Banned
Dec 8, 2000
www.tar-valon.com
Impact Hammer. And for those who like punting the transloc, sorry, but i'd prefer it if a charged IH destroyed the transloc node. I mean look at it logically. A charged IH can frag a player instantly but it doesn't harm your node at all? Bull. It's just a cheap way to move across large distances.

Taleweaver said:
@The_Head: sorry, but could you shorten your walking wolf animation by just a centimeter? It's stretching out the posts. Thanks

It's also in violation of BuF rules concerning sigs.. 800 px wide? I think not.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
ThirtySixBelow said:
I personally think the chainsaw would be dumb. All of these futuristic weapons that shoot plasma and such, and then we have a craftsman chainsaw for the melee weapon :con: I hope they stick with the shield gun.
but imagine the blood, the giblets, the joy of tearing your opponent's dead body to pieces even after death and most important the sound as the chainsaw tears through armour and flesh and bone ...

A plasma-based weapon would be a boring old lightsabre. Pretty nasty, but nothing matches a chainsaw-style melee-weapon in pure bloody cruelty.

Death Cube K

You'll be seeing him alot.
Mar 1, 2005
Big Apple, 3:00 AM
ThirtySixBelow said:
I personally think the chainsaw would be dumb. All of these futuristic weapons that shoot plasma and such, and then we have a craftsman chainsaw for the melee weapon

Play UT1 much? Anyway, I personally hope it goes back to the piston. I needs my wallclimb.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
DeeperShade said:
Impact Hammer. And for those who like punting the transloc, sorry, but i'd prefer it if a charged IH destroyed the transloc node. I mean look at it logically. A charged IH can frag a player instantly but it doesn't harm your node at all? Bull. It's just a cheap way to move across large distances.

Theoretically, if you charged the IH, and when the piston receeded into it, you could place your disc in the barrel, and since it's already making contact with the piston, there would be no "impact", just acelleration, and it would fly.

Your point though, would really go back to the FF debate.

...and the reason why jedi use lightsabers, and not impact hammers or shield guns, is they don't need shield with combination force seeing, and the lightsaber, and they don't need the impact to jump because of force jump.

Leave the lightsabers for the jedi. Give me back my IH.

carmatic

Jan 31, 2004
hm i think an acme-style springy mullet which unfolds in front of the player when deployed

or something similar that requires skill to use...