[lolitics]Your thoughts on offshore drilling after this mess.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
Sorry Liz, but you have to be a little bit more obvious. Chances are that even after saying you weren't serious about posting it, somebody here is going to believe it. :hmm:

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
How do we call this then. We have lolitics, loligion... What for science, or rather fake science like that?
Well it's basically religion, some believe that water was trapped under the crust and released during Noah's flood. Well methane flood now?
Anyways... It just shows they know nothing, but sadly the audience is also uninformed and they believe that too.

Adelheid

Bernstein
Jan 23, 2008
Nowhere.
Chlorine gas. Like at Ypres in World War I.

And like the time I knocked myself out back in chemistry class.
"Don't sniff it"
"Wh-" Thud.
I sometimes wonder if my science teacher found me amusing or frightening. Then I remember the big ****ing hole i burned in the lab ceiling.
:lol:

For the record I still think my idea would have worked, if only to reduce the pressure for a little while [edit] long enough to jam a decent cap on good and tight [/edit] , but the possibility of the chimney-effect continuing through the oil reservoir... ugh... then you'd have to nuke the oil.

Last edited:

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
Damn, because of this methane bubble I won't be able to witness the whole entire Yellowstone mega volcano blowing up. :(

If you're lucky, when the Gulf farts out this huge methane bubble, the North American Plate will be destabilized, the Yellowstone volcano will blow and kill you in a fiery rain of red-hot lava before you die of methane asphyxiation.

Pro Tip: Always look for the bright side.

Last edited:

Adelheid

Bernstein
Jan 23, 2008
Nowhere.
While there's still some activity in here; Why is everyone worried about the effect on the USA, and not Mexico, Cuba, Hoduras, etc?

In fact, why is nobody worried about the eventual effect on Europe? I mean this oil, along with that "dispersant", will enter the Gulf Stream, right?

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
While there's still some activity in here; Why is everyone worried about the effect on the USA, and not Mexico, Cuba, Hoduras, etc?

In fact, why is nobody worried about the eventual effect on Europe? I mean this oil, along with that "dispersant", will enter the Gulf Stream, right?

Because we don't live in Mexico, Cuba, Honduras or Europeland. Duh!
smilie_flagge13.gif

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
It looks like a guy standing with his hand on his hip, offering a goose with his other hand.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
I see a vague bird-like shape in yellow, followed by a kangaroo shape just right after (If you remove some of the yellow)

I don't see the man. :(

<- dumb?

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Imagine his head is small and kind of triangular and his left leg is really long.