LIMITING THE NUMBER OF 40mm GRENADES IS UNREALISTIC!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Apr 27, 2001
Visit site
it dus work against it

the fur could you shut up?
you sad little deprived man
mmm man may be to big a word for you
when is the last time you accualy played inf anyway?
anway as was clear here you can mount them both on and fire them accuratly in the ranges we use them for in inf
so no problems there

teambased loadout restictions
mmmm
well
what about in EP or cosovo
if you dont get a scope your pretty much f*cked unless you play in 1600x1200

in other maps, as it is now, there are usualy no more then 1 or 2 m203's and 2-4 acogs anyway (depending on the map) so whats the problem?
now, if we could incloud only 1 shotgun per team(dus the infantry even have shotguns? besides special forces, which we are not, i have never seen a infantry person with a shotgun)
and also a restiction on hk's then it would be balanced again and in sink with reality

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
Oh no i've been insulted by a 14year old with a fascination for naked anime characters. I shall hide in shame now :rolleyes:

M203+acog is bad idea. simple as that.

Current m203 grenade is overpowered because of the damage system (all explosion nearly no shrapnell instead other way around) and the ease of aiming on the move.

ACOG and m203 do not go together as explained in several previous posts. On top of this the ACOG M203 combo is bad for teamwork as every soldier can now deal with any threat at any range.

IT HAS TO GO, GIVE UP ALLREADY, STOP TRYING TO PULL INF INTO QUAKEDOM!!

Last edited:

poaw

You used to sleep easy at night.
Mar 25, 2001
Camp Pendleton, California
Countess, the statement you quoted earlier was against limiting certain weapons for "realism". You can't limit one weapon and not another in the name of realism. It was not an argument against forcing teams to use 100% realistic loadouts, like the one Gholam suggested. It was about limiting whatever weapon a few people consider unbalanced. Weapon isn't solved by limiting the number of of unbalanced weapons there are, it is solved by correcting the imbalances.

Gholam

Sergeant (Reserve), IDF
Jun 19, 2001
Rehovot, Israel
IMHO, what could work, is a team-based loadout (ie, 8-man team, M16 loadout: 8 M16s, 1 M203, 1 ACOG. SIG loadout: 8 SIG's, 2 ACOGs) where weapon is assigned to each team member by the leader, who is chosen by members by voting, similar to how guild leader is designated in Ultima Online.

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
Its strange how someone so against shotgun whores and proning whores is arguing for that gun simply because thats the way they use it.

We see you as a decked out m16 whore, an exploiter of a bug.

poaw

You used to sleep easy at night.
Mar 25, 2001
Camp Pendleton, California
Well of course The Countess doesn't think he's lame, no one ever does. It's just those terrible lamers who use a CQB weapon for CQB, the people that want to restore game balance by temporarily implementing an unrealistic solution, and those dreadfully unstoppable campers who are lame.

SuperDudeMan

Jul 13, 2000
Visit site
Are CQB weapons supposed to be for sniping? ;)

I really don't think that weapon restrictions are good (except temporary nade removal) because in RL there are no balance issues. Nading removal was made to stop TERRIBLE gameplay. ( sorry for using caps)

Apr 27, 2001
Visit site
ahaa that where you are wrong

the balance dusnt exist for the shotgun as is
every "bullet" from a shotgun is not verry powerfull (not to say just weak)
even the lightest vest of cevlar stops the bullet's @ point blank

IRL cevlar vest are widely used but yet do not exist in INF
so untill armor gets here the shotgun will remain overpowered

Last edited by a moderator:

yurch

May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
@ point blank, right...

Countess, shotguns usually have a tighter pattern than the one inf has. That means we could put more accurate sprays in your head even if you are wearing armor. Of course that means we would actually have to aim it...:rolleyes:
Notice the gun that the countess has in the sig. It has no sights, how ironic.
Of course, who is looking at the gun anyway :D

Apr 27, 2001
Visit site
hehe she dont need one
she's a robot
sort of sexslave gone mad (can i have one for X-mas?)
she got build in aiming devises so why add sights? (and dusnt the pic have enough sights allready?)

back to the point
shotgun users that aim?
i know 4 that do that
and they still use 3 shells per kill (exept 1)
most use 6 to 8 per kill
i mean... GEEZ! 6 to 8? i use less on a kill with my m16
or even my mp5
and thats shells we are talking about

btw, one woord: helmets
they got facemasks nowadays :p
my point still stands
1 armor a day still hold the shotgun user away:)

Last edited by a moderator:

yurch

May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
Eat shotty slugs!

yeah, wear your little facemask. I can put 9 vests on and be protected from .50BMG shots. Huh? whats your point? I was distracted for a moment...
You can stop any gun with the right protection. So by your standards they are all overpowered. But you don't know what I am going to use...

Apr 27, 2001
Visit site
i dont wana be a walking tank
i'll use light armor
the light armor only works well against shotguns and frag- fragments (i think) and some handguns

all other guns i can handle myself against
only the shotgun really gets me because of its no acurate aim, quick respons time(less to no time needed to aim) and 8shells a sec ROF
sins all for other guns there is a reasonable anser(tacticly speaking) ,they are not overpowered (just as they arent IRL)

yurch

May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
Originally posted by The_Countess
i dont wana be a walking tank
What do you call using a facemask?!

Only the shotgun really gets me because of its no acurate aim, quick respons time(less to no time needed to aim) and 8shells a sec ROF
Shotguns should have a smaller pattern, like I said before. It should be more accurate, and deadly. In CQB aiming is as simple as pointing a stick at someone, so yea its gonna be a quick response time. It should be the same on your end as well.

Bad news again countess, they really do fire that fast.
Btw, whats the problem with that? whats the fire rate of the other guns? I belive its the same or faster...

sins all for other guns there is a reasonable anser(tacticly speaking) ,they are not overpowered (just as they arent IRL)
What is this reasonable answer that is in inf right now, but just not for the shotgun? Please enlighten me.

St0rmcaller

[AFA]'s unoffical godfather
Apr 4, 2001
United States of America
If they ever fix that rediculous spread, I think most peeps will stop bitching about the shottie.

Facemask? Are you talking like the riot gear? It ain't combat gear that I've seen that's for sure. And I can't imagine a facemask protecting you from much more than a thrown rock.

Chow Yun-Fat

W3RD UP
Jan 20, 2001
once their is body armor that can stop shotgun pellets i'm going to be a very happy Hong Kong Action h3r0. yeah yeah, sure it will make my beretta pretty useless.. that is unless you go for the head or can empty the clip in around 3-5 seconds and go for the head... like me when im in my "godlike zone":D