1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

LIMITING THE NUMBER OF 40mm GRENADES IS UNREALISTIC!!!

Discussion in 'New Version Suggestions' started by BlueSniper, Jul 9, 2001.

1. BlueSniper

BlueSniper if today was yesterday, what's tomarrow?

I think that we should be able to carry more than three! in real milt ops, they carry TEN TIMES THAT!!!

all I have to say

2. RogueLeader

RogueLeader Tama-chan says, "aurf aurf aurf!"

I think we need a limit on the total number of ammo you can carry, since you only have so many places to put it.

You should be able to carry 10 magazines, 5 magazines and 5 grenades, 10 grenades or no magazines. Something like that.

3. DeadEyeNick

DeadEyeNick New Member

How bout u get to carry an total amount of ammo, and uses them for the 5 rounds? Havin' more ammo will then, not be a problem.
    If u run out of ammo, well, just hope ur buds have some. :D
    //the above is just an opinion :D.

4. Chronic

Chronic unʒuckwithable

Dude, it may be unrealistic, but sure as hell stopped all the M203 spamming, and that's a good tradeoff. Quitchabit<b></b>chin.;)

5. St0rmcaller

St0rmcaller [AFA]'s unoffical godfather

But you are not going to expend all that ammunition in one firefight, unless of course, you don't care much for your own survival.

There is another post around here, cant seem to find the damn thing called "please sir just one more" where peeps have elaborated more on that.

6. jaymian

jaymian Sweet Merciful Crap!

Yeah....

When I heard they "fixed" it for the last pathch, I didn't think they'd do that. I don't use the thing, but with 3 damn rounds, I'll never use it. May as well just take it out. I think you should be able to carry whatever you want. But the weight, and the fact that it would take an hour to fumble for a magazine, would make it pointless to carry that much crap. If all you want is an HK40 with 40 rounds, good for you. You'll be a fat bastard, and an easy target.
    Jaymian

7. LCJr.

LCJr. New Member

All I have to say is this. I've only see a few people say they want more 40mm's as opposed to the 10,000+ complaints about 40mm's. The team has said its a temporary fix til they think of something better so just wait and see.

The best idea I've seen so far is you start off with a set amount of ammo and you have play the entire map with it, regardless of if it goes into overtime or whatever. Of course some mechanism would have to be added to stop people from leaving and re-entering to get a reload. It would reflect reality a lot and would make think you twice about spray and pray tactics.

8. St0rmcaller

9. Dupre

Dupre Code Pimp

Ahem, if I may be of help with a suggestion..

How about configurable server options for ammo loadout? For starters, have a server-side setting to enable player loadout checks. That way, for true Inf servers, people can't hack their client-side loadouts and try to cheese the system. Then tack on server configuration for max ammo types.. or not even bother with that and let gravity and your wallet dictate the loadout. You want realism, that's as real as you can get. I never knew of an army that limited ammunition to its troops to make it fair to the enemy. Ha!

That would be the optimal solution because I'm willing to bet that the same few people calling for more grenade rounds probably also play locally or on LAN's with a few known players anyway.

10. MoNDoGuY

MoNDoGuY Groin grabbingly good!

Your limited to 2 for the m203 aren't you? Atleast I am. I usually use them both without requiring another.

What is unrealistic is the fact that a 40mm nade has a 5 bulk. How can a little nade like that weigh so much? The limit on the ammo is good enough.

11. Chow Yun-Fat

Chow Yun-Fat W3RD UP

maybe we should have a higher limit for nades, but turn on the fatboy mutator for the folks with more than 3 to make them easy targets after they strap on the ol' nade spamming feed bag. That way you could tell who the fat bastards are and that'd make em easy targets. and whiles your at this you could turn on giants too so they'd be like the staypuffed marshmalow man from ghostbusters.. duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude.... i need sleep... some body help me... too much caffeine.. ahhhhhhh! *pop*

12. })FA|Snake

})FA|Snake New Member

Okay this is really starting to piss me off with the bitching about the limit!

In Real Life, you DO NOT get a reload every 3 to 5 minutes, you have to use the same load of ammo for a long time. Therefore, the INF team has two options, make the ammo much more heavy/restricted then it realife counterpart, to simulate not being abvle to use up all your ammo in one firefight (I prefer this).

Or they have to make it so you never get any new ammo for the entire match, if you use too much in round 1 your screwed, u have to run around with a Ka-bar unless you get some from your teamate.

13. The_Fur

The_Fur Back in black

I'd say scrap the rounds and have wave respawn and then add the nade limit.

14. LordKhaine

LordKhaine I sing the body electric...

I agree that would be a very good idea, nice, fun and prolly making gameplay more realistic too. Shame your idea is gonna get shot down by half the forumers saying "respawning isnt realistic!"

15. RogueLeader

I think maybe we should calm down about making suggestions because the m203 limit is a temporary fix until they implement a more permanent and realistic gameplay balance, so maybe we should just wait and see what the Inf team has planned.

16. St0rmcaller

It is as realistic as fighting a battle in rounds, allways getting new reloads, or switching loadouts. It's just like respawning in a sense. The problem is because of respawning your people would get spread out thin from spawnpoint to contact zone.

17. yurch

yurch Swinging the clue-by-four

If there are 7 rounds that magically recreate the same fight, at the same place, with the same weopons...
    I have no problem with respawns. They are a nessessary evil in any game.
    Think about it, if you have seven lives, dying is still bad.
    It may be better, cause if you throw your lives away in the first 2 mins, you are gonna be sitting on the waiting throne for quite a while :)
    I think that we are sticking with the one respawn just because we wanna be like counterstrike. :p

18. })FA|Snake

})FA|Snake New Member

Respawns would be fun for some gametypes (think EAS) but TDM i think respawn is a not good

19. RogueLeader

Respawns should be realistic, like having you flown into combat.

20. yurch

yurch Swinging the clue-by-four

No problem with being dropped off by a helicopter.
    We could have some fun with putting an aa gun in the center of the map...
    Now THAT would be something to fight over!