LIMITING THE NUMBER OF 40mm GRENADES IS UNREALISTIC!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hannibal1

Forever sig-less
Jun 14, 2000
Visit site
handguard?

If the handguard is necessary to mount the m203 on the m16, shouldn't we include it in Inf? Purely cosmetic of course, but a point that should not be ignored.

Iceman

Who Dares Wins
Oct 6, 1999
Australia
Visit site
That would meen another model and skin to do, so i say leave it the way it is for now and let the team take this time and do a Glcok 22 insted <:) .

Iceman. :D

Apr 27, 2001
Visit site
the number of nades is realist
when you consider the time a normal soldier is in the field compared to the averige INF round
besides that : it dus work
way less nadespam
the bulk is to much thou.
they get in the way as much as a clip dus no more no less

as for the sollution to have respawn
dusnt work in TDM
just go to the enamy camp and kill them as they respawn
not a good idea
so much for the idea of a limieted supply of ammo for the entire time the map last's

ok scopes
i agrea
they should blurr when you rotate quickly just as IRL
but you should be able to point them accurately just as you can IRL. so no minimum input

you should not be able to look throu them while running just as IRL
if you start running in scoped mode you should go to a view like the view you get if you dont have a scope but with a scope blocking your view not all but enough to really get in the way
then when you stop running you should look throu it again (with a small delay ofcource)
then you got a choice of lowering your gun when you run to get better view but loss time putting it back when you stop running
or live with the scope blocking a lot of your view as you run

i dont really see acog and the m203 being a real problem
i dont need the acog for the m203
but its the only way i have to fire a nade aimed
if they would impliment a system where you 'd aim alongside your acog when you go to nade mode that would be fine with me

isnt the acog mounted on the handle?
atleast thats what it looks like in INF
so the acog and m203 would not get in eachother way

c+k|nEVeRmOre

~A.K.A. wesley_sniper~
Originally posted by The_Countess
isnt the acog mounted on the handle?
atleast thats what it looks like in INF
so the acog and m203 would not get in eachother way
I guess you did not look at the pics I posted. The ACOG gets in the way of viewing the M203's battle sight properly. Of course, since they have not modelled the M203's battle sight, that is beside the point. Regardless, the reason the ACOG really gets in the way, is because the quadranted site for the M203 mounts on the handle. The ACOG and the M203's quadranted sight are mutually exclusive.

I personally would prefer the INF Team model the battle sight into the M203 setup so that it can be aimed properly. That would also mean they would have to make a different weapon animation for sighting the weapon according to that sight and that the ACOG would get in the way of properly sighting the weapon.

As far as I can tell, the ladder sight on the H&K 69 does not work properly, either. Am I mistaken? I thought you were supposed to line up the nose of the tube with the appropriate hole in the ladder in order to properly range it. Am I just using it wrong, or is it not modelled properly?

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
About respawning, if a team gets wiped out by a so-called spawn camper it's their own fault for not defending their supply lines. Tough cookies should have used more teamwork and posted a defender.

Apr 27, 2001
Visit site
so the fur you indors basecamping?
you say the ppl that stay behind,leave their team out to die and then mop up the pieces as the enamy get into their base. are good?

about the sight
call me stuped but if it gets in the way of aiming with the acog it gets in the way of regular aim aswell
thats why you can flip it down :D
editing your picture now to make my point
will post in a minut

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
look at the ladder that sticks up in the front of the gun. It blocks your view from the scope.
Not to mention you are blocking the back peice of the m203 sight with your little black box.

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
yeah, but the back sights(quadrant sights) don't move(i think).
You see, the m203 is really kinda a long range weapon, so the ladder sights are needed.

St0rmcaller

[AFA]'s unoffical godfather
Apr 4, 2001
United States of America
The quadrant sights are somewhat optional. Removing them effectively reduces the range to 200 to 250 yards because you only have the front ladder sight. The ladder sight is from 50 yards to 450 yards. In any case, you will not see any professional armed force using both the ACOG and M-203. Notice I said using, and not showwing off.:D

Apr 27, 2001
Visit site
so it is posible to use a acog with a m203

sins we dont use the m203 for its exteams of long range we dont need the quadrant sights
and you can flip the m203 sight down when your not using it there is no problem with having both the m203 and the acog on your m16a2
but maybe they should think of a better way to aim the m203 then throu the scope

c+k|nEVeRmOre

~A.K.A. wesley_sniper~
Countess, even in your modified pic you did not understand...the quadranted sights sit where the ACOG attaches to the handle. <i>Mutually exclusive</i> means they cannot exist in the same place at the same time. That is what I meant by the quadranted sight getting the way of the ACOG for that part. Using the front battle sight would be visually challenging with the ACOG attached. I am sure you have heard the phrase "makes a better door than a window, " well, the ACOG makes a better door than a window in regard to using the front battle sight. Basically, it is very impractical to have an ACOG and an M203 on the same gun. It just does not make sense.

Apr 27, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by St0rmcaller
The quadrant sights are somewhat optional.
that means you dont have to put on the quadrant sight.
and that means you can but both acog and m203 on (but without the quadrant sight)
quadrant sight if for the verry long ranged that we dont use in INF (and the m203 cant even reach them here)

the front battle sight can be fliped down when using the acog for normal fire
and fliped up for nade's (this would also increases change times so its becomes less usefull for cqb users)

Gholam

Sergeant (Reserve), IDF
Jun 19, 2001
Rehovot, Israel
Countess, you still don't get it? Let me explain it in simple terms.

40mm grenades are a low velocity projectile. Low velocity means they have a relatively sharp curve trajectory - as opposed to the 5.56mm bullet trajectory, which is pretty much flat at first ~300 meters. That is why you need the ladder sight - you can't just point-and-shoot an M79, M203, or HK69 - you have to guess distance to your target and then use appropriate spot on the flip-up ladder for aiming. The optional quadrant sight also helps I suppose (although I've never actually seen it used in IDF). However, the flip up ladder is designed for use with iron sights ONLY. If you try to use it with an ACOG (or any other scope) attached, you won't see the ladder through the scope because it will be out of focus at such a short distance - and even if it somehow won't, ACOG sits higher than the iron sights, so your aiming will be WAY off - and you won't be able to use iron sights for aiming either, because ACOG mounted on the handle blocks them.

To sum it up, nothing stops you from mounting an M203 and ACOG on the same M16, but your accuracy while firing the M203 in such a combo will PROBABLY enable you to land a grenade within 20-30 meters of your target, if that close.