Let's get this show on the road!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Israphel

Sim senhor, efeitos especial
Sep 26, 2004
Lisboa,Portugal
Yeah..pity it didn't work out..but forfeits aren't the way to go for something that's meant to be a bit of fun.

I play 5-a-side football every week and when we can't get the numbers, we just change team size or recruit someone who's watching.

Tonight, both TaleWeaver and myself were speccing and would've played if we'd been asked (although I'm useless at DM and wouldn't have been much use to any team). I can understand why this would probably be be out of order as the teams have been selected and all...but if games keep getting missed, sooner or later people will just get irritated by it. I guess it depends how much you want the games to be played in the end.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Well, since he's been pretty strict on late entry, the whole substitution thing kinda falls under that, since there have been made no "substitution rules", it's kinda tough to say what is kosher.

I'm just trying to follow the faq, otherwise, we may have just done 3v3 today.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
-AEnubis- said:
Ok, well, then I'll get a jump on next week. Ren, if you can reserve us the same time next Sunday, we're gonna try again. dub couldn't get 4.

I'll reserver it. 3 EST right?

Also, there's not a problem if both teams decide to pay DM with three. We can let that slide as long as both teams are in full agreement.

Haarg and I both had our teams run into that issue today. If it comes up again, just use your own discression.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
's all good... the notice was kinda short, and that's why I'm jumping right on a slot now.

I'll bear in mind the 3v3 thing, though after losing talent like Becoming I, the smaller the player numbers get, the more that puts us at a disadvantage. Though, if we get any practice in this week, we may not need to worry about it much. Hell, we'll prolly just roll with it if we can't get 4s next week, just due to it foreshadowing a re-occuring problem.

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
I thought that D3 was playing officially tonihgt, 3v3 for the fact that that was allw e could manage, and hell it was just for a fun game anyway, as is the tourney itself - does it count or not?

If we can arrange it better with some proper server settings then good, but it's hard for me to make time around the weekend.

At least we won ;) :p

Hope anyone watching had a good show - i think we had a fun game, especially on Comp ;)

{MåçE}

ma$e is back!!??
Mar 6, 2004
yeah i'd rather we just play shorthanded than not play at all. i actually havent played this game online in a couple of months.. played some lan games with my brother, and we usually play the game at our area bi-weekly LANs.. but othwerise, i've just been playing cs:s. was looking forward to playing some fun ut2k4 matches in this tourney.. a shame we cant get a hold of the rest of our members :(

dub

Feb 12, 2002
@ Server Admins

Whats the deal with spectating for the tourney games?
When I tried to join as a spec directly from the browser, it said the game was full... i had to join as a player first, then switch to spec.
Thats hardly ideal + if someone's not quick enough to spec, they'll get killed and a team will get an extra frag :tdown:

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
|dub| said:
@ Server Admins

Whats the deal with spectating for the tourney games?
When I tried to join as a spec directly from the browser, it said the game was full... i had to join as a player first, then switch to spec.
Thats hardly ideal + if someone's not quick enough to spec, they'll get killed and a team will get an extra frag :tdown:

If Raffi doesn't respond, then I'll copy this into an PM and send it to him.

I haven't been able to be on the Tourney server much myself, so I didn't know this was an issue.

Any other issues that you guys have with that server, PM me and I'll try to compile a list and get it taken care of. (legitimate issues/concerns, not "I don't like it because it's too far away from me)

Edit - OR, you can post your concerns in the FAQ thread so I'm not chasing ghosts all over the forums.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
If it says server is full when you try to join as a spec, that is supposed to mean all the spec slots are full, and you shouldn't be able to switch to spec after joining normal.

As well, if you "need" to do it that way, for whatever reason, if forcerespawn isn't on, you can switch before you spawn.

dXII][Pa

FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
Jan 3, 2004
UTV would be the ...stop looking at me...stop looking I said... *cough*...ah, yes as I said UTV would be great if that could be done.

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
UTV is immensely difficult to set up. I've read through several guides, and it seems like it's not worth the sacrifices (another server with proper config to act as the UTV server, etc.)

I'll see if I can do it though. No promises.