Lemons server

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Why do you play on this server ?

• i like new maps

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • I like new mutators (like IBT)

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • I like DTAS

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Good ping on it

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Populated server

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Updates frequent

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Admin is sexy

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Yeah, the french reviera is the most flexible and tolerant server, especially because it is a laptop in a room, made me a complete fanboy of it :D.

A weird prob occured:
When I vote for MWHMfix the game crashes (bright desktop again, grrr), the message is that I run out of virtual memory. I though that's the case, because I have only 4,5GB free space on C:\, but I can join every other server (download maps ingame), open a quick mission, etc.
When I restart INF, and simply click on the server in the server browser, the game crashes too, with the same message, while at the same time I can join every other server.

Even if the map cycles then, I can't even click on the server i nthe browser, INF still crashes. Even a PC reboot doesn't change that, only when I shut down the PC completely and boot, I can join the reviera again.

Maybe it is really becasue of limitted memory? Is MWHM that huge?

Attachments

• error.JPG
    error.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 14

Lemon.fr

SkaarjFruit
Oct 28, 2003
France, Cannes
Visit site
hmm this is really strange bug, i never experienced it and other players either imo. There's a know IBT bug that crashs clients when server changes maps but it's never about virtual memory or this map. Can't really help you there. :(

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
I tried to open a quick mission game with this map (btw, it's called MONWfix :D), but it misses some decores. I can't find "McTexturesD2" nowhere, somebody can give? And all other necessary stuff.

Lemon.fr

SkaarjFruit
Oct 28, 2003
France, Cannes
Visit site
Psychomorph said:
I tried to open a quick mission game with this map (btw, it's called MONWfix :D), but it misses some decores. I can't find "McTexturesD2" nowhere, somebody can give? And all other necessary stuff.

You could check your windows virtual memory settings and raise the max limit on drive C :)

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Don't say what I have to do, but how I have to do it :D. I'm a total noob on computer stuff, but I'll try.

BTW, I experienced more than one time INF crashes when changing map on your server (message: general protection fault), on other servers it pretty much doesn't happen.
Also I played with Kitty.cat today and she had an INF crash during a map change too.

Lemon.fr

SkaarjFruit
Oct 28, 2003
France, Cannes
Visit site
"At Control Panel | System | Advanced, click Settings in the “Performance” Section. On the Advanced page of the result, the current total physical size of all page files that may be in existence is shown. Click Change to make settings for the Virtual memory operation. Here you can select any drive partition and set either ‘Custom’; ‘System Managed’ or ‘No page file’; then always click Set before going on to the next partition."

From http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.php (you will find more infos on this page ;) )

Psychomorph said:
BTW, I experienced more than one time INF crashes when changing map on your server (message: general protection fault), on other servers it pretty much doesn't happen.

Like i said, it is a known IBT bug, i just hope it has been reported to Conglomera...sorry.

Last edited:

Midwinter

sneaky bastard
Oct 15, 2000
Valencia, Spain
Visit site
IIRC, that GPF is caused by mutators modifying the player class. Yurch could tell you better, because RAv2 had the same issue, and it was not easy to fix (if possible at all). So I guess we'll have to keep praying to INF gods after each map ends so their wrath falls on another (less fortunate) player ;)

Kalixt

Jul 16, 2005
aus de palz
Hi,

please remove the team balance thing from ur server. its getting on my nerves, every mapchange u have to switch teams again when u are in TS.

and btw remove sleepytown too :D

Lemon.fr

SkaarjFruit
Oct 28, 2003
France, Cannes
Visit site
Crowze said:
Or you could just run TeamSpeakSync - if you ask me nicely, I'll let you use the latest beta :).

Suggestion nicely accepted :p Riviera would be proud to encourage all development.

Tell us more about it, on CombatMaps i see a final version, what does this beta provide ? :)

Last edited:

Lemon.fr

SkaarjFruit
Oct 28, 2003
France, Cannes
Visit site
hmm but looking at the readme, it seems TeamSpeakSync requires an admin login & password, i dont have a TeamSpeak server, i did it one time and it's true that it doesn't use so much bandwidth but i prefer to save a max of memory for the laptop which seems to be the most important thing for an UT server.

Neabit

Oct 10, 2004
TeamSpeak Sync is very annoying if you will only speak with other player regardless of which team. TSS switch you from all channel to channel for team a or b. No chance to escape from tss without rename or disable tss. For training is tss very usefull but not for normal public play. I mean version 0.2 maybe 0.4 fix this problem and tss only move player in channel for team a b or spectatore.

Last edited:

Neabit

Oct 10, 2004
Crowze said:
Yes it's fixed, read the change log :p.
The changelog tell me not that tss no more moving player from all channel to channel for tss teams.

Only the readme tell me that your IgnoreOthers=True change this "feature" ;)

Kalixt

Jul 16, 2005
aus de palz
i think the many failed connections came/come from route problems to the server, because i dont think that utdc can "remove" the server from the serverlist and make it unreachable ;)

Lemon.fr

SkaarjFruit
Oct 28, 2003
France, Cannes
Visit site
:) :( :D ;) 8) :)= :)~ :p :q =) o_O r=-

Next Server Update Summary

Settings :

*INFMOD_Nades.ini (requester: RoadStroker)
[INFMOD_Nades.INF_M7290Body]
BlastDamage=0.000000 (0.000000) forgot the default amount here :p
HurtRadius=100.000000 (100.000000) same as above
EffectiveRadius=1000.000000 (1550.000000) default = 650

* General Settings (requester: Kalixt)
TeamBalance=False or TeamSPeakSync ?

Maps (+/-):

- SleepyTown (requesters: Midwinter, Kalixt)
+ SkiOrDie (requester: RoadStroker)

You still have few hours to suggest and debate !
But i need an answer about : TeamSpeakSync OR/AND TeamBalance=False ?

Last edited: