Lemons server

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Why do you play on this server ?

• i like new maps

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • I like new mutators (like IBT)

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • I like DTAS

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Good ping on it

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Populated server

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Updates frequent

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Admin is sexy

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

theRoadStroker

A Dickcheese Faggot
May 28, 2005
well i fail to see any reason why lemon should remove IBT from his server , if you dont like it ..dont play on the bloody server ..as simple as it gets.
infger has dtas without ibt and fool dont have dtas and no IBT and players who like something fun and diffrent can go play at lemon .. there is no reason to ruin every server out there..

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
I thought the '...mostly because it crashes my INF...' implied that I can't play there - much less - prefer not to play there.

Lemon.fr

SkaarjFruit
Oct 28, 2003
France, Cannes
Visit site
Corporal_Lib [BR] said:
Does anybody know how to disable that pesky red flashlight in EAVY Darkmatch III? it´s so annoying and I can´t find an .ini to configure it

It is a section in the main ini (infiltration.ini if u use it for INF):

[EavyDarkmatchIII.EavyDarkmatchMutator]
EavyActivateLight=True
EavyColoredLight=False
EavyFlashLight=False
EavyPlayerLight=False
EavyRealisticLight=True
EavyToggleLight=True

Vega-don

arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
geogob said:
Plus the issues caused the changed jump hights. but that also doesn't seem to be important for some people.

Of course, if i just run and gun like a retarded cs player, I won't get in any of these issues, often related to a slower gameplay, that implies finding good stealthy cover.

You can jumb if you are in front of an object. its called climbing.

Lemon.fr

SkaarjFruit
Oct 28, 2003
France, Cannes
Visit site
Lol Don, your sig link to mp3, add a link to the blog index, thx
armata_PDT_21.gif

CampersDaz

Dec 24, 2002
Visit site
Just step in front of a small obstacle. If you are close enough you will notice, that you jump a lot higher (actually it is the normal 2.9 jump height). That's the IBT-climbing.

And this reduced jump height isn't really that bad, because you can't abuse some of the exploits on certain maps anymore.

theRoadStroker

A Dickcheese Faggot
May 28, 2005
and to prevent map bugging too and the fact it isnt REALISTIC to be able to jump 2-3m in the air with 50kg/100pounds of gear just by standing still..

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
First of, the INF player cannot jump 2-3 meters high. Cmon.

But I'm really sick of this kind of argumentation. You have to understand what jumping in a game like infiltration is. You cannot just see jumping as jumping in the air, you have to look at what it really is.

In real life, you can hop over small obstacles. you can jump over taller ones, you can push yourself over even larger ones, climb over very large ones and even climb on trees. All that, even with 50 kg of gear.

Now. How is all that done in game might i risk to ask? By jumping. This is a major flaw in most realistic-oriented game... movement. The fact that these game the same movement scheme developed with Doom, Wolfenstein 3D and cie. is a problem. But until you find alternatives to the current movement basis used you cannot start chopping it down.

Currently, in INF, the *only* way yo go over an obstacle, what ever the type it is and the size it has, is by jumping over it. This leads to 3 major problems:
- You need to jump over obstacles that you could easily step on/over without jumping in real life.
- You need cannot go over obstacles that you could pretty easily go over in real life by climbing on it.
- Bunny hopping.

Until you totally rework the movement system, by implementing things like climbing, you cannot start chaning the player jumping hight. There are many reasons for that, but to name only one, mapers design their maps taking jumping hight in consideration. Some mappers are idiots and do not take anything and consideration and make map easy to exploit. These maps are usually bad and deserve to be left out of the rotation. Same goes for map not initially designed for Infiltration.
Good maps cannot be exploited easily because mappers took this into consideration. You can only jump up on areas where you are supposed to be.

Now, if bunny hopping is the problem, you now as well as me that changing the jump hight won't fix that. One way proposed by sentry studios and other game maker is reduced stamina/accuracy. As we noticed, it doesn't work well. One good way I've see is to put a minimum delay betwen jump. With a maximum jump period of 1.5 second, no more bunny hopping. It would more likely be an hold frog hopping or a dead old frog hopping.

Similar problems are in cause with strafing. Should strafing be reduced? Of course not. Strafing is the only way you have to look sideways when moving in a direction. Until you totally rethink the view/movement interaction, this is something you cannot remove. You can modify it's behavior for more natural and realistic reaction, but removing or changing something without giving an alternative to perform the same act doesn't help realism.

You know, we've had this discussion over and over on the forums and in this community. I can't believe I'm writing this and I can't belive you brought up this retarded argumentation.

When I saw Yurch and Mute were working on rethinking the movement system on Source, I was really happy. This is the next step in realism. The whole movement system must be first rethinked and then implemented. We must move away from the old Doom/quake-like movement system. But it's not by creating artificial handicaps in that movement system that you will solve anything if not creating more problems.

EDIT: In short, if you want to fix something, do it right. Don't do some stupid easy solution without thinking about what it implies. You have all the tools there to fix it correctly, yet the easy solution was used; a solution that creates more problem then it solves. That's why I'm against mutators like IBT. Infiltration was well layed down and thought. It's not perfect, but they did what they could with the current engine. Could it have been better? Of course. Now i look at IBT and I do not feel the same level of planing and thought has been put into. All I see is a huge mutators that try to solve all problems infiltration ever had, all of them at the same time, but only uses half solutions poorly implemented. It's a noble cause, but impossible to achieve the way IBT wants to do it. Some coders in this community worked hundred if not thousands of hours try to improve one aspect of the game. Those who had the best result were not those who offered half solutions to all problems, but those who really solved one problem, but solved it well. Those that when they solved one problem thought about the concequences of changing something and brought the right alternatives and did not change something to change it relying on poor arguments like the one I've just read.

Last edited:

Vega-don

arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
i agree with geo on the jumping thing, althought i dont find it very important. Still, ibt jumping is better than vanillla jumping for me, because of people running around corner jumping to avoid ennemy fire, or people "mario-ing".

thats what counts for me. its not perfect , but its better than before.

thats why i like IBt, wich is superior in most aspects to inf gaming. come on, IBT makes people who are hurt really hurt. thats a major improvement. and many others things as minimi recoil, or ACOG now having the same recoil as iron sights (something incredibly stupid in inf is that puting an acog on your gun transforms a good gun into a piece of crap with 3 times more recoil and sway)

IBT fixes it, and thats whats count for me. you are a dev, you should know than devs need respect, but you are very arrogant towards others devs. Infiltration has some INCREDIBLY unrealistic balance features , and IBT is more like an Unbalance mutator really. Sentry studios did an incredible job but they stopped half way, because of their stupid weapon balance policy.

they where affraid of minimi and acog ownage, result? nobody use them. and when they do , its with IWE mutator that fixes a bit the minimi.

Anything that goes towards unbalancing gets my vote. plus the IBT mutator is open for discution with the developper, so you can suggest, instead of whining about it. but you dont because you dont even read the thread. and you dont really test IBT because you say you cant jump, showing your ignorance about this mutator.