1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JB-RimeValley

Discussion in 'Jailbreak Maps and Add-Ons' started by ZedMaestro, May 9, 2005.

1. Vatcilli zeitchef

Vatcilli zeitchef Dead and back

So you are still working on it?
    Phew
    was already afraid you gived up!
    Would have been a darn shame.

2. Spudsy

Spudsy Unreal Tournament Junkie

Yeah I picked up this map yesterday and it's pretty huge. It's a nice map though, and the theme is well thought out and intergrated into the stage. I love the execution sequence, that I must say is genious. Nice map, keep up the good work Zed.

3. ZedMaestro

ZedMaestro Useless

All the bugs/suggested features for RimeValley were implemented ages ago; the problem at the moment is informing the, for example, red bots that they cannot use a TeamTeleporter that only allows blue players through, and vice versa.

If you know all about code and want to help out, pop along to this thread and help out CoolDude.

4. ZedMaestro

ZedMaestro Useless

Well, through no understanding of my own, I seem to have fixed CoolDude's code for the two separate actors "RedTeleporter" and "BlueTeleporter" (whose purpose should be self-explanatory). And when I say its "fixed", my testing strategy was to watch the scoreboard map for a 15minute game, once as blue and once as red. If I saw any dot hang about in the general vicinity of the teleporters I would check if the bot was trying to use the teleporter. Even when ordering them to attack or defend, no bots tried to use a teleporter which they couldn't use. \o/

Also, the "idiots get stuck when they fall into the Raptor roof area" issue has been resolved with the simple addition of an IonCannonKillVolume, which conveniently has a setting to avoid firing upon flying vehicles. :)

Which means that, finally, Beta2 of this map can be released. :D

Don't forget, the map is basically unable to be fully released until JB2004c has been released, due to the vehicle arena. :rolleyes:

JB-RimeValley-Beta2

5. CoolDude

CoolDude New Member

Don't forget to mention in the readme that you need to have the ECE bonuspack installed to run this map. ;)

As mentioned in the team teleporter thread they sometimes seem to work OK. :D
    I'm gonna put the log-info back in and check them out :)

6. Hans Oberlander

Hans Oberlander Member

Hey zed, did a runthrough again a long time since the 1st beta.

1 have 1 issue and one probably non-issue

1. I died while trying to escape and my body flew through the jail might want to make the collision for that

[​IMG]

This glass isn't frosted but u prob want it this way.

7. CoolDude

CoolDude New Member

I checked the RedTeleporters/BlueTeleporters by putting the log-info back in, and indeed your teleporters do work OK. :)
    Code:
    ScriptLog: JB-RimeValley-Beta2b.BlueTeleporter0  SpecialCost Aryss Player= 1  Teleporter= 1  OK
    ScriptLog: JB-RimeValley-Beta2b.BlueTeleporter0  SpecialCost Baird Player= 0  Teleporter= 1  EXTRACOST

ScriptLog: JB-RimeValley-Beta2b.RedTeleporter1  SpecialCost Satin Player= 0  Teleporter= 0  OK
    ScriptLog: JB-RimeValley-Beta2b.RedTeleporter1  SpecialCost Othello Player= 1  Teleporter= 0  EXTRACOST
    You only needed to put in one RedTeleporter and one BlueTeleporter (the destination teleporter can be a normal teleporter), but it works now, so leave them.
    You did get rid of the log-calls in the SpecialCost() fuction, but forgot to remove the log-calls in the PostBeginPlay() and Touch() functions. You can just remove them too (and Rebuild Changed Scripts).

The bots harldy make use of the teleporters. This is not because the teleporters don't work, it's because for bots there seems to be nothing of interest in the basement of the enemies base, so they hardly ever show their face there. In a 15 minute 16-vs-16 botgame 1 bot made use of the teleporter once.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2005
  8. G.Lecter

G.Lecter Registered Tester

Teleporters work well, good job CoolDude... :clap:
    Some more suggestions for the map:
    - Why don't you try to make a teleporter effect with high-speed-tunnels, like it's done in DM-UCMP-BloodRun?
    - I miss much more coldness in the execution, what about placing some more wind emmitters?
    - I think a teleporter base (with no emmiter) should be on each Teleporter exit... :rolleyes:
    - The water/ice texture in the arena repeats too much... :con: scale it up?
    - I've been trying to use the escape jumpads, but they don't kick me well through the hole... A bot also tried to jump and his head hit the ceiling too... :con:

Last edited: Jun 17, 2005
  9. expisCoR

expisCoR Thinktank for the "Head CoR JB Mapper"

Hans: last I checked, there wasn't any glass there. (And I like it that way.)

10. Hans Oberlander

Hans Oberlander Member

Yep, theres glass, just a normal pane of glass.

11. Spudsy

Nope Hans, you're wrong, there is no piece of glass there, you can jump out of them base from there.

12. ZedMaestro

ZedMaestro Useless

• Fine I'll add some more "wind" emitters.
    • Are "hi-speed" tunnels really necessary?
    • I suppose I could add that teleporter-base mesh there if you want.
    • OK I'll scale-up that water texture.
    • The "escape jumppad" (which is actually an xKicker :B) is meant to push you away randomly. Its difficult to get in the right place once you've hit the button alone, but when more humans are playing if someone is waiting on the vent and jumps at the right time when the button is pressed they have a good chance of escaping.
      I dont know whether this would work or not, but a human-ladder on the vent could make things interesting too ;)

13. Sexmachine

Sexmachine - retired -

The skybox is still unfinished - right?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 28, 2005
  14. TheSpoonDog

TheSpoonDog CBP3! Yarrr!

Man u stole my skybox idea :(

15. ZedMaestro

ZedMaestro Useless

What the hell? :con:

I don't see anything like that and it looks like a problem with DistanceFog or because you've hidden the SkyBox. I don't have a clue whats happened there. :(

16. The_Head

The_Head JB Mapper

FAllback textures perhaps?

17. Aersik

Aersik Turbo charged pogo stick

The skybox looks fine on my machine, but you might want to check for gaps between the smeshes and the terrain around the edges of the map. Quite a few of them had holes large enough to fit an xloc beacon, and one or two of them had holes large enough to fit a manta. The smeshes away form the edges all looked fine.

Attached Files:

18. G.Lecter

G.Lecter Registered Tester

I don't have any problem with the skybox, except when typing Show fog in the console... I'm sure Sexmachine did the same and he's only joking... ;)

Last edited: Jun 28, 2005
  19. Spudsy

Yeah the skybox seems absolutely fine on my computer. Sex your comp is just f'ed up dude. Kidding, but seriously, my comp shows the skybox needs no fixing.

20. ZedMaestro

ZedMaestro Useless

Well I've fixed the holes behind the cliffs. Now the map just needs a high-player-count online play, which hopefully will happen on Sunday. Make sure you get all the required files