It's here! Hyrulian's UT2k4 Message Colorizer!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
almost in the same way as how you set a colored name: use the program to generate a colored text (no limitations at 20 characters for speeches) and copy it to the clipboard. Open user.ini and scroll down to the '[Engine.Input]' part. Take an unused key and make it look like this:
<key>=say <copy content of clipboard> or <key>=teamsay <copy content of clipboard>
eg:
Down=teamsay à@@vvv àÀ@Below à@@vvv
Comma=say ¤à@Pure luck

In theory, you can say something colored on the fly, but you'll have to know how to type the special characters

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
Mr.Sizzle said:
Great job Hyrulian!!! I hope they dont release the patch to cut out coloured names because i think they are cool :lol:
Unfortunately, from what I've heard, the next patch has the colored message "feature" removed. Oh well. Maybe Fraghouse can find something else that might work?

RSX

Jun 6, 2004
well

just dont download the patch unless they make it a Dependent and that you HAVE to download it for things to work... bleh

BooGiTyBoY

The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR
With the way the player models reflect the ambient light in the maps today, sometimes it's necessary to see the right colored name just to tell what team the player is on.
A good example of this is DM-FreneticBurn (hate that map). No matter where you stand in it your player model reflects ORANGE. BRIGHT FOOKIN' ORANGE. I don't know how irritating it is to let a player run freely in front of you only to realize 2 seconds later he's on the opposite team as he puts an LG bolt through your skull. Might not have happened if his name was appropriately team colored and not BRIGHT FOOKIN' GREEN. Also hate the "I'm on the red team but my name is blue" crap people pull with that.

I'm sorry it's been argued for and against before I know but coloring your name in my opinion is just wrong IN TEAM GAMES. I could care less if your name is bright pink with baby-puke-green trim around it in DM or Invasion or something but in team games you might as well have a half-red half-blue colored skin as well to totally complete the confusion factor.

..::Wacky::..

Aug 21, 2004
what about newer patches

hi..

i have ut2004 patched 3270..

..my nick is colored only in options/player menu, but its normal in game. What's whong? Can anyone help me?

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
BooGiTyBoY said:
With the way the player models reflect the ambient light in the maps today, sometimes it's necessary to see the right colored name just to tell what team the player is on.
CTF-HallofGiants comes to mind. No matter what team you're on, everybody looks red.

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
Hey, another bump. Welcome to BU, Captkurt. Glad you like the message colorizer, but colored names are gone for quite some time now. :hmm:

Captkurt

Nov 8, 2004
Taleweaver said:
Hey, another bump. Welcome to BU, Captkurt. Glad you like the message colorizer, but colored names are gone for quite some time now. :hmm:
Not for Americas Army, or is it just me? heheh

Sinner1993

Jun 8, 2008
dude man i try em but they dont work they tell me i need file or womethang and the websitte thangs says website not found sohow can i get it