Its great and all but it could be better (Community WeaponPack1)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What should be fixed

• Fix the Priority bugs

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • take off the "safety” Animation for the M4A1

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Match the Reflex sight on the M4 with the M16

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Change the ROF animation forthe M4A1, its too exagerated.

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Change the sounds for the Mag-7, Especially long range sound

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Change the sounds for the M93R, sounds like flak

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Reskin the M93R, black preferably

Votes: 10 33.3%

• Total voters

chuckus

Can't stop the bum rush.
Sep 23, 2001
Visit site
For the frag throwing thing, soldiers are trained to throw the grenade with their gun hipped, not put away with the safety on.

That's not true for all armies. We we're trained to throw with the weapon slung (not just for training purposes we're supposed to do that ALL the time). That's written in our doctrine in the candian army. They told us in a combat situation, whatever works works. The book goes out the window. as for the safety that was never specified. Honestly with a weapon slung on you back or on your side, it's the smart thing to do. But typically grenades will be thrown by one or two individuals with weapons slung with the rest of the section covering them.

edit: I just remembered it's easier to throw grenades with a tactical sling but that's neither here nor there.

Last edited:

MP_Duke

Banned
May 23, 2002
www.geocities.com
1. i don't care
2. i don't care
3. i don't care
4. i don't care (it's actually correct, but i suppose i can shave off 50 to match the other full-auto assault rifles)
5. i don't care, but i'll change it (btw, the pump sound is actually from the INF archive of sounds)
6. i don't care (it's the old M9 firing sound from 2.86)
7. i don't care

But i will take a look at that backpack issue.
And i have my own reason to update, namely my modified rolling nade since i've been able to reduce the server-client gap, but i'm sure none of you except a select few know what i'm talking about, so that's just peachie keen.
Perhaps, i'll save this and make it a part of our nade types in the next weapons pack.

Last edited:

{GD}Ghost

Counter Terrorist Operative
Mar 25, 2001
Classified
home.attbi.com
Thank you much to the Mod Team for the weapon pack. A personal thanx to all who worked on the M4. You know who you are.

The only issue I have is that there are elements with the new weapons (which I like and would not remove for any reason) that make their operation seem a bit more realistic that are not consistant with the original INF weapons, which do not have these elements. I doubt that this will be changed, but that is my only issue.

I am also impressed with the trigger finger animation on these weapons as well.

Thanx

MP_Duke

Banned
May 23, 2002
www.geocities.com
i took a look at the backpack issue. It's fine if you think about it.
Why would you need to put a backpack on just for attachments, especially in INF since attachments are on the guns at all times? :)

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
Duke please dont change the ROF of the M4. 50 wouldn't really make a big difference anyway its realism we want here. What would be nice is an update to all the existing weapons to unbalanced and realisicise (I know its not a word >:p) them all.

Im happy you are gonna change the MAG-7 sound but I dont think its a big deal anymore. Either way thanks for listening to the community thats gracious of you. IMO this thread should be burned in hell. Siredmond should be tarred and feathered.

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
I'm dumb. But the weapon pack doesn't work for me.
I installed all the files and the weapons appear to build a loadout. But when I launch a game with this loadout I have only the kabar ! :(

gal-z

May 20, 2003
Ramat-Hasharon, Israel
Visit site
Since I have an M4A1 I'm gonna comment about it.
Safety - you do NOT have to look at the weapon to move the safety. Opening the safety shouldn't take more than 0.2 seconds to semi. To auto may take a bit longer, but the default for the safety should be semi, since it's faster to reach and more effective in combat - which leads to the next issue:
Recoil - All M16 type weapons (M16A2 especially, but also M4A1 and M16A4) have incredibly low recoil, which makes full auto and rapid fire unrealistically effective in the game to ranges longer than what would be effective IRL.
Sound - Way too weak. All rifles in game need louder sound, but the M4A1 especially. This might be 1 of the reasons it's said to be too powerful with a suppressor.
Mag sound/anim - Some people would hit the bolt catch rather than pressing it, but some say it's better to click it with your thumb. Anyway, the bolt going forward should definately be much louder than inserting a magazine. Also just putting the magazine inside will never have it in all the way. You have to either push it hard from the bottom or tap it for it to sit all the way in.
Trijicon - I think you need to make your trijicon based on a specific model. I personally know the TA01 and TA31 (I think these are right). That way it'll be a realistic one, with a realistic view.
Stock: Why always fully retracted? You never fire with it fully retracted. Some people use its differnet positions for comfort - shorter means less collision when shouldered while longer means more stability and with iron/reflex sights some more accuracy (since the hole/dot looks smaller). For acog 4x it only matters for stability as you move the scope forward on the rail anyway when u shorten the stock so that you have correct eye relief (3.9 cm with trijicon acog 4x). If you don't want to make it 4-position, at least make it always at 1/2 length (usually used for CQB and by SF units) or at fully extracted (standard). I can't understand from the model what kind of stock it uses - the 1 seen in www.ar15.com on the upper left corner, or the one seen in http://www.isayeret.com/weapons/assault/m4/m4.htm (btw u can also see the m16a4 there to fix its model). The latter originally comes with the rifle, while the first one is designed to sit better in the shoulder when standing/crouching and holding the rifle higher - in those positions the stock usually doesn't fully sit in your shoulder, and that's where the longer butt of the stock helps stability. If u google M16 stocks u should be able to see details about each. Another use for the 4 positions is when using lvlII and lvlIIIa vests, as they put the stock further from your shoulder. When wearing a lvlII vest you'd either keep it the same or shorten it by 1/4, and when wearing a lvlIII vest you'd shorten it by 1/2.
The 4 positions work like that in case u didn't know:
Code:
1   2 3 4
|---+-+-|
Where 1 is fully retracted, 2 is 1/2 extended (first "click"), 3 is 3/4 extended (2nd "click) and 4 is fully extended.
Model (obviously less important, but still, graphics matter):
Flip up sights - Why blue?
Trijicon acog 4x - read above
Stock - I've never seen such a stock. The M4A1 comes with a stock like u can see on http://www.isayeret.com/weapons/assault/m4/m4.htm and can be replaced with better stocks such as the one on the upper-left corner at www.ar15.com. Also nobody ever fires with stock fully retracted.
Safety - when u open the safety u can see it for a fraction of a second, but it stays on safe...

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
DarkBls said:
I'm dumb. But the weapon pack doesn't work for me.
I installed all the files and the weapons appear to build a loadout. But when I launch a game with this loadout I have only the kabar ! :(

I had the same problem when I installed the umod first. When I created a loadout with the new stuff, those items simply weren't saved.

Then I deleted the UT folder, copied it from another machine (=basically quick reinstall) and used the zip-version Weapon pack. After that it worked...

Rostam

PSN: Rostam_
May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
DarkBLS, what I did was delete all the new weapons (except the xm8), all the .u and .int etc
Then reinstall. It worked for 5 others I helped this way, too ;)

Dr.J

Staying Alive.
Nov 25, 2001
Hong Kong
www.alkdjflakdjfksj.com
gal-z, here are the pics that i modelled my ACOG and the reflex off attatched. ive only used one pic to model these, so if its not the reflex or ACOG you expected, ill apologise now. however, i dont think ill be changing anything on these models soon... simply because theres a huge list of things for me to do with new weapon models....

anyway, the ACOG was meant to be the 4x32 TA01-NSN but there were no good side pics at the trijicon site so i kinda had to improvise with some other ACOGs as a reference...

as with the reflex, its meant to be the regular RX-01 (ie without the dust cover) for sure.

with the stock, if we ever re-release the M4, itd take about 2 secs to move the stock, so live with it for the while being.

Attachments

• ACOGspecs.gif
    ACOGspecs.gif
    41.2 KB · Views: 9
  • TRIJICON_03.JPG
    TRIJICON_03.JPG
    11.1 KB · Views: 13

Logan6

TC Vet
Dec 23, 2003
About the safety animation, yeah if you have the time I think its pretty good to click the safety on on your gun, especially if its a single action .45 :) .
The guns switch way too quick in this game. You can sling your weapon on to your back and draw your pistol in about 1 second. Unrealistic. For fast draws of your pistol there should be a new quick draw mode, where you drop your primary weapon ( literally just drop it ! ) and rip your pistol out of your holster. That should probably take 1 1/2 to 2 seconds. I tried this with my AKM and my Colt M4 in its nylon holster. Without the clip in the AKM of course and on grass, didn't want to bend a clip.

Also, Im with gal-z. I know the weapons have just been released and will probably get some further work, but if your going to release a weapon please make the scope details as real as possible, and also the folding stock.

Last edited:

sir_edmond

In my own world
Aug 12, 2003
Boston
Visit site
Logan you would not be able to drop a primary anyhow, In Real Life and in game its on a sling, or else how would you get it in your back, though i find the way it INF guy doesit is a bit strange for combat. Anyhow if you drop your weapon it wount land on the floor it woud dangle by your thigh.

Logan6

TC Vet
Dec 23, 2003
Not me. When I carry my AKM, it has the sling on it, but I don't wind my arm into it to fire or anything like some people do. If I need to drop it, it drops. And believe me as much as it weighs with the drum mag in it, it drops fast. Then your hands are free to go for your pistol. Very handy when you suddenly run out of ammo in a fire fight. Now sure the sling could catch on debris or something right next to you or if your carrying some wierd equipment that is sticking way out from your body but that would be a rare situation.

salad

Dallas Tosses Salads
Oct 23, 2003
www.dallastossessalads.com
Umm, just out of curiosity, where do you carry this AKM, and why? You make it sound like a regular thing with you. Do they let you in Wal-Mart with it or something?

Also, how many fire fights have you been in where you ran out of ammo? Your word choice makes it sound like you've been there and done that a dozen times last week alone.

gal-z

May 20, 2003
Ramat-Hasharon, Israel
Visit site
I've talked to some marines who came do some CQB training at the same base I do sniper school. They told me when they just carry around the weapon, it's on their back (looks just like the inf guy), and in battle they just hold it in their hands. They did agree, though, that the US is just too stupid to realize the way we carry it in battle (hung on your neck with a sling attached to the front sight "bridge" and the top of the stock) is just plain better. Same goes for how we carry it around - put both head and right hand between the sling and the rifle.
Combat carrying:
http://www.isayeret.com/units/land/infantry/golany/cover.jpg
Note the guy on top has the stock at 3/4 length.
Everyday carrying:
http://www.isayeret.com/weapons/assault/m4/car.jpg
It's a car-15 lower (note the A1 pistol grip) with M4A1 upper and a trijicon reflex, buttstock 1/2 extracted.
When we thrown a grenade, we're taught to leave the wepaon hanging on your neck with safety on. Anyway opening the safety does not require tilting the weapon nor does it take more than 1/5 second.