INFMOD Weapon Pack 1.5.1 Released!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
Weapon Pack 1.5.1 (mid-May 2006) is released for everyone's enjoyment...

By now, i'm sure you figured I want you all to READ THE MANUAL!

Here are highlights of the changes:

INFMOD_Binocs, M4A1, M14DMR, M82A1, VSSV: Fixed scope and ACOG texture for linux support.
INFMOD_OICW: Added manual increment range function (see manual).
INFMOD_M16A4: Fixed fire tracer / laser tracer bobing. Fixed hold-breath bug.
INFMOD_M14DMR: Tweaked suppressed ammunition damage and removed tracers for suppressed configuration.

And, as with every weapon pack, even minor releases, there are new goodies :)

INFMOD_M4A1 and HK416: M583A1, 40mm Star parachute illumination ammunition type for the M203.

I'm sure I fixed something else but I can't remember :rolleyes:

Because none of you actually read the manual even if I keep telling you to, here's a quote from it.

3.3. Important information regarding flares. said:
The flares, implemented as ammunition types for the M4A1 and the HK416 M203 launchers, are, like many other features of this Weapon Pack project, pushing further the limits of the Unreal Tournament engine. When the UT engine was released, in 1999, in-game dynamic lighting was in its early childhood and was very simple. For long, using dynamic lights was not even possible in UT until the engine was updated.

Nowadays, the dynamic light support is still a bit flaky and unstable. Any mapping errors or weird zoning might bring the rendering engine to a crash. Because of the large radius of the dynamic lights used for the flares, the change to encounter a situation that might crash the engine is quite high.

For this reason, the use of flares is allowed only on a small numbers of tested maps. These maps are considered to be fairly stable with flares. Other maps might be tested and identified as stable in the future and maps already identified as stable might turn out to be not so stable after all. For this reason the list of maps where flares are allowed is .ini based to allow easy and fast update.

Even on tested and stable maps, crashes might still occur. It is highly recommended to avoid flying around flares (in spectator mode or in ghost / fly cheat mode). These crashes have nonetheless been considered not serious. During testing, we crashed the engine countless numbers of time and never did it require a computer reboot nor did it affect any other running processes. All crashes were client-side only.

The use of the flares can still lead to engine crashes, even on maps identified as stable.

Go get theWeaponPack 1.5.1 NOW! :D

Attachments

• Shot0068.jpg
    Shot0068.jpg
    336.4 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

sir_edmond

In my own world
Aug 12, 2003
Boston
Visit site
great, so much for using NV......

geo, would it also be so much to ask to have a server that is updated with this?

Last edited by a moderator:

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
cracwhore said:
Haha, excellent.

'It crashes. Download it here'.

Well fuck! it's not like a chose to do mods for an engine 7 years old.

oh. wait. yes I did. :(

But seriously, I decided a while back not to let this old engine stop our nice and innovative ideas. It's the last thing keeping Infiltration alive and with always something new to show off.

You don't like this game anyway so :p
(especially when you lose :lol: )

---

As I stated above, none of these features are perfect and a lot of them are, to be honnest, experimental. Laser effects, flares, night visions, shellshock, Hi-res models and textures... who would have dreamed of this in Infiltration 7 years ago?

All the tools are there to control these features. The less stable one, the flares, can even be controlled map-specific. And i'm not letting this there. Now that this WP is out, until zeep is ready with his sound pack, I will be investigating further what causes the renderer crash. Honnestly, I think I did my homework on this one ;)

Also, flares can make a level very... mm.. bright when too many are used a the same time (see my screenshot above). Again, I am fully aware of this, but all the tools to limit the numbers of flares in a loadout are available (see INF_Loadlim in my sig).

---

As for the crash, just so you know, it's exactly like those crash that occure with the night vision. Same problem, same cause, same crash. Nothing new. Only, because of the large radius of the dynamic light, it can occure more often. But if you start flying around a map with Night vision, you'll have surprises too.

---

geo, would it also be so much to ask to have a server that is updated with this?

Well no, but i'll **** the server up again, so I'll let Odie do it :p

Last edited:

-Freshmeat

Eternally noob
Dec 4, 2003
Denmark
Visit site
Yihaaaa!

I think the best news is linux support. It was quite a bughunt you had there. The flares are probably gravy, can't wait to try them out.

Honestly, whenever I look away from inf for two weeks, it has evolved. It is quite unbelievable how much work you have put into keeping the interest in the game by new toys. Did you know that one of the main reasons that Diablo II kept (and keeps) interest with so many players is the ongoing addition of new features?

-Freshmeat

<P^R>pbj

Mar 24, 2006
64 bit problems

i believe my problem is some sort of incompatibility with INF and windows 64bit. I am also running a 32 bit xp fine with 1.5.1. i copied all of these files just to make sure it wasn't a file clashing, which it wasn't. INF loads up, but when i enter a map it locks up. The same thing also happens on a different 64bit computer, but the same files work on a 32 bit. This only started to occur with the release of 1.5 and 1.5.1.

HElp!!!

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
PBJ: You'll have to give me more information. Although I don't see what could be incompatible with WP 1.5 and later with the windows 64 bit system.

Around the same time WP 1.5 came out, servers got updated to a new version of UTDC. UTDC using an external dll library would more likely be the cause of this issue.

Nevertheless, with the little information you give me there's nothing I can do. What are the symptoms? Where and when does it happen? Do you have any client logs? Server logs?

randomas

May 24, 2001
Visit site
Erm, it's odd beacause I tested under both 32 and 64 bit linux. Which is why I have trouble playing on line (the cpuspeed bug). It's probably a windows related issue. Are you using d3d or Ogl?