INFMOD Weapon Pack 1.5.1 Released!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
I have vista, and so far vista has cause many problems for other normally stable programmes, so might it be that? Also, would it be easier to just download the community edition?
I've had no issues specific to Vista when running on my laptop, so I don't think that's the problem. As for the CE, it is well worth getting as (with the exception of a few little updates) it has a whole load of stuff that you'll need to play online, and is well worth having even if you don't. If you want you can get the 'lite' version which just includes the mutators, or the 'addon' which is designed as an upgrade to the original 2.9, so you don't have to download the full 1.2GB or so.

Edit: If you do get the CE be sure to remove all the weapon pack stuff you've installed, as the CE uses a slightly different folder structure and you may end up with 2 copies of the same mutator.

Last edited:

[5thSFG]Mitchell

unexpected guest
Jul 17, 2008
Rome, Italy
I have a couple of questions:

1) The AN/PEQ-2 designator works only IR: in a future release, could be possible to have also a visible laser, like the old one used in v.1.4? Because the current one can be seen only with NVGs or Starlight scope, and it's not really the best thing for a daylight map. I imagine that it requires some script works, but I hope no modeling!
2) Another intersting solution for solving the problem described above could be very simple: using the EoTech Holo Sight 551 or 552, which incorporate the NVGs necessary to see the IR beam. I know the sight is already available for the MP5A2, so there is (I hope) no need for more modeling, "you" need only to add the other vision system (I guess some scripts too here).
3) Will the AN/PEQ-2 be available for M4 / M4A1 too?

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
[5thSFG]Mitchell;2159233 said:
..in a future release..

:lol::lol::lol: THAT made my day! Sorry if this sounds cynical.

INFMOD Team is (sadly) inactive since about two years and AFAIK there's no real intention to reform it - guess they're busy with real life.

And a few word considering things that don't need modeling: I've seen more than a dozen weapons modeled which never even got close to even being coded. Animating is quite a work, same goes for skinning and coding. Also Geogob mentioned many times that adding a attachment to an existing weapon is as much work as creating a new one.

It's not like I want to shatter your hopes, but don't expect any new weapons or attachments - the more you'll be happy if some lunatic out there really does one and releases it..

[5thSFG]Mitchell

unexpected guest
Jul 17, 2008
Rome, Italy
Animating is quite a work, same goes for skinning and coding. Also Geogob mentioned many times that adding a attachment to an existing weapon is as much work as creating a new one.

Ouch, too bad, I really didn't know. :(
But can't he recover the old code? --- oh well, I can't really say a thing! :rolleyes:
My only works in this sector was modifying some already existing weapons for OFP, where I simply added aiming systems (like ACOG, M68 and so on), but adding "working" attachment there was much more simple than you seem to show me here.

It's not like I want to shatter your hopes, but don't expect any new weapons or attachments - the more you'll be happy if some lunatic out there really does one and releases it..

Oh, don't worry, I'm used to. ;)