INF War!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Uli

is hating the music of the INFradio Site.
Jan 18, 2001
please suggest suggestions :)
only in the INF WAR 2!!!!!!!suggestions please only here
thread.

in this thread we discuss only.in INF WAR 2 the teams and people who maked some summaries and ideas post their work.

please dont missunderstand me, my english is pretty bad...

thanks

{GD}Ghost

Counter Terrorist Operative
Mar 25, 2001
Classified
home.attbi.com
Revision

After some discussion, some thought and some much needed sleep, I came up with an idea that simplifies even my initial "resource" idea. Resources in the true sense of the word, are not something that was or should currently be part of this idea for a modified league. I am not trying to invent a new game, I am merely trying to make league play map based as well as rank bases. The only game play that should be focused on is the INF game play, not resource management, complex campaign/troop planning or any convoluted ideas or imaginary variables of any type. K.I.S.S is my guideline for this project.

Keep
It
Simple
Stupid (referring to me)

Yes, I also have the tendancy to want to muck up a good idea with many brilliant, yet complex and convoluted features. This is great for those who want to play a chess type game of strategy and ingenuity, but that is not the desire of an average INF players. I don't want to re-invent risk or command and conqur, I merely wanted to put a unique twist on league play. Many of these other ideas are truly brilliant ideas, but lend themselves to something other (more complex) than what I had in mind when I started this train of thought. So I propose this: Lets get the simple version going and then later work on a more complex and involved game that incorporates some of these other features discussed.

With that said, please check out my revisions to the "Resource" section of my document posted at this link: http://members.home.net/ghostdogshq/WWInfiltration.htm

A

Antikryzt

In the not too distant future, I would like to see a U2/INF mod take a step towards the greatest of all online battles...Armageddon. A online war game that uses the U2 engine, with jet, tank, and attack helo models, with modern day nuclear and biological weapons thrown in for good measure (and realism).

For now, I have found this "WORLD WAR INFILTRATION" idea to be one of a certain brilliance indeed. UT Domination style maps could even expand to WD (World Domination) maps. I can see it now, artillery, mortars, airstrikes, could easily come into play. Imagine your platoon advancing toward an enemy held position beyond the next ridge and hear the thundering of a jet above and see the flickering lights of death from multiple INF-EXTREME PREDJUDICE'S MINE-like explosions rained down upon your enemies in the distance. (The current UT engine is past capable of handling a simple wav file of a jet screeching across the sky, a jet does not necessarily have to be seen to see it's devasting after effects, dead enemies (who tried in vain to run for cover) sprawled out all over, littering the land. Just make sure to run when you hear the distinctive sound of the enemies own planes. Talk about adding a new fear element into the game, you will almost develop a sort of online "shell-shock" anytime you hear the roar of jet engines, not to mention the screaming of the bombs as they fall from the sky. Well I guess this post really belongs on it's own in the new version suggestions. I tried.

I will at least submit this non-UT link for only one of inspiration and interest, as it is related to the topic at hand...Online World War.

http://www.wwiionline.com/

=================================

asmodeus

DB addict
Mar 25, 2001
www.williamscanady.com
yeah, this could be cool, but forget the Biological and nuclear stuff...

but U" isn't due for soon... and even then, INF has to make the switch, and it's no saying how long it will take, or even if they will ... (we all hope they do!)

A

Antikryzt

Yep, think of all the UT2 mods.

BTW, just in case there is any misunderstanding, I meant the above airstrike idea to be used with the current UT engine and possibly included in "World War Inf."

KOFFEYKID

Suck It!! Suck It!!
Jul 15, 2000
Well that sound really sweet...............

and i have an idea. I think it would work great with my other idea that goes as following.................................

Well here goes. The Red team and the blue team both have their own bases. And in my idea they have squads waiting. Like Alpha Red Delta Red and Omega Red(what ever goes) Once Alpha red's forces have diminished the survivior/s go back to base and perform some action to let Delta Red come in to game plat. Now The Survivor/s from Alpha red are the only one that will be respawned. Like if Delta red activated Omega red and the activated Alpha Red the survivors from Alpha red will come back with lets say 50% heal back(added to existing) well to me it sounds good. You coukd have 5 teams with 10 people so that would be 50. It'd be more militarty based i think.

coppied from the post that says

O.k hers and Idea bout Team DM

DredDamo

Nov 30, 2000
www.damodred.net
You're confusing a mod with our pseudo-ladder. Read the posts.

And WWII online is going to have most of what you want (well, not jets, but even better, WW2 planes. Jets are too fast for fun play anyway :)

[L]-Damodred

{GD}Ghost

Counter Terrorist Operative
Mar 25, 2001
Classified
home.attbi.com
Anyone who is still interested in my concept, now that things have been made clear, please email me or icq me at: 58476475.

Until then, I will be fleshing things out and working out the bugs.

-Thank You.

¿Geørge

May 12, 2001
England
www.georgeb.ath.cx
Dynamic Server Changing Things

The basic idea sounds fantastic, but the dynamic servers thing would not work for the simple reason tthat it would take too long! If you moved to the next map as soon as you had finished one you would lose your foothold as soon as you logged out, how many clans are there that can maintain a 24/7 defensive force at their base, as well as attacking forces when they want to assult other territory. People would have to live in the INF servers... no one could ever leave their computer again.

"George, come down for dinner"
"I can't mum... it's my shift to defend Chasm, I get relieved at 0600 tomorrow"

¿Geørge

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
That was my idea, a turn based strategy overlay and each turn was a week so during the week you could fight the battles you'd have in that one turn.

LordKhaine

I sing the body electric...
Dec 6, 1999
UK
Visit site
Wow, someone remind me how I missed this thread?

Gotta get me signed up as a merc :D

Then all I need is an uzi, a machete and a remmington, and I'll be a true merc, hehe