I forgot 9/11 lolz

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewalkingman

ssssssssssss bugger!
Nov 12, 2000
Quahog
Visit site
togmkn said:
You guys do know that 9/11 was a conspiracy, right? Right...?

cj_smiley_Shhh.gif
cj_smiley_Shhh.gif
cj_smiley_Shhh.gif
cj_smiley_Shhh.gif

togmkn said:
I mean unnecessary pollution. When I see one person in a seven passenger vehicle with 7000 pound towing capacity, I consider it unnecessary pollution. That's what I meant. And I'm pretty sure (not 100% though, so I may be wrong,) that most Japenese car companies have their factories in Japan for cheaper labor. I just did a quick Google search, and that seemed to be the case.

Ahh, now I see what you mean. I completly agree too. It's like driving a bus for just 1 person. Some people have the idea thou...8 people in a small car works out great!

DRT-Maverick

Lover of Earwigs
Dec 4, 1999
Reno, NV
it's a date. Generally it's on the eleventh of September. It's when the 10th ends and before the 12th begins. That's about it.

Airmoran

Construct
Nov 9, 2004
Dunno about you non-Americans, but 911 is the number we call when something bad is happening. I still remember the jingle the cops sang to us in 3rd grade.

"When the car's slippin' and slidin', just call 911. When your daddy's about to beat your mommy, just call..."

D66

Grey Pilgrim
Feb 2, 2000
Gondolin
Visit site
Odd that they called it "Patriot Day" as we already HAD a "Patriot Day" that was related to the American Revolution. That date was April 17th.
I dont believe that anyone really akgnowledged the original 4-17 Patriot day, that may be why it was moved to 9/11
Hate to tell some of you but 9/11/01 is one of the Larger Dates in US History. It will remain in the National conciousness on the same tier as the Challenger explosion, Kennedy Assination, and the first Moonwalk. I still remember exactly where and how I heard about the first plane-crash and everything that happened throughout that day.
It remains the deadliest Terroist attack in history.
If considered a battle, It is the largest Battle on US Soil since the Civil War.
It was an event that Sparked a War that ousted the rulling government of Afghanastan, and it also sparked a period of constant warfare for the US from that day till today.
We remember dates due to their significance. Historicaly this is a very significant date that WILL be in our kid's history books.

We also recognize dates to honor people.
3000+ people died that day.
300+ Firemen and Police Officers died that day because they did their job and ran TOWARD danger to try and help people and save lives
40 regular citizens died that day because they took fate into their own hands and fought the highjackers rather than be used as a missile that could kill hundreds more.

I had a friend die that day, just because he was in the wrong place.
I saw a man shatter after that day because his fiance was in the wrong place.

It'll be a while before I consider it "just another day"

D66

Grey Pilgrim
Feb 2, 2000
Gondolin
Visit site
Cap'n Beeb said:
Where's your NEVR4GT mentality for Pearl Harbor? Or Hiroshima?
I actualy still take a moment of rememberance for Pearl Harbor and I still meditate on the tragedies of 1945 that made Hiroshima a nessiccary event.

Peavey

Rattus Norvegicus
Jul 17, 2001
togmkn said:
I love it when you see one on the back of a Japanese SUV. It's polluting the America you say we should support, and your method of pollution is imported.
What's even funnier is that our homemade SUV's pollute more that any Japanese SUV's :)

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
You guys are terrible. How anybody can laugh and make jokes about this stuff I don't know. "Yeah, we're anti-fill-in-the-blank! Who cares but we're against it!" That's all this forum is anymore.

thewalkingman

ssssssssssss bugger!
Nov 12, 2000
Quahog
Visit site
L_S said:
You guys are terrible. How anybody can laugh and make jokes about this stuff I don't know. "Yeah, we're anti-fill-in-the-blank! Who cares but we're against it!" That's all this forum is anymore.

eagletears16rb.jpg

feel better now?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.