I forgot 9/11 lolz

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

briach

ಠ_ಠ DaReTaL ಠ_ಠ
Sep 2, 2005
º_º FeiShan º_º
woah it's tomorrow. I wasn't even paying attention.

Is this just me? or is it pretty stupid how they made a holiday on 9/11 and called it patriot day. :/

Last edited:

BobCobb

Society is a leech on me!
Sep 20, 2002
The Compound
Visit site
They did? Wow thats retarded. 9/11 doesn't deserve a holiday, unless it involves drunken orgies. What better way to commemorate a terrorist act!

K

i bite
Jul 29, 2004
Magrathea
Do we realy need a yearly reminder of how stupid human beings are?
Its just another day to me.:shake: :(

BobCobb said:
/me praying continuously for bush
lol, Gods not going to send you a girlfriend no matter how nice you ask.

Last edited:

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
briach said:
woah it's tomorrow. I wasn't even paying attention.

Is this just me? or is it pretty stupid how they made a holiday on 9/11 and called it patriot day. :/

This causes a little confusion if you pay attention in Massachusetts.

Patriot Day is a quasi-holiday the government invented to give people somewhat of a reason in case they want to skip work. ("Why, it's a holiday today; I have to go pay my respects to the dead of September 11, 2001!")

Patriot's Day (also recognized in Maine and Wisconsin, apparently) is a legitimate state holiday to recognize the battles of Lexington and Concord which essentially began the Revolutionary War. The Red Sox play at home and the Boston Marathon is run on Patriot's Day.

togmkn

tog-em-kay-en
Jun 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
Yes. How about those cougars?
What Cougars would we be talking about here?

As for 9/11, (wow, that sounded odd for some reason...) I think you should reflect, if not for only a second, on what happened. After all, it was a very tragic event. However, moving on is very important, and all of the 9/11 hype is ridiculous.

togmkn

tog-em-kay-en
Jun 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
Based on the fact that an "I like nachos" thread has a 6% chance, I'll give this one a 75% chance. We may need to coax it if nothing takes off soon man.

*[EDIT:] Ah, Twisted's poked it with a stick! Perfect!

Last edited:

Airmoran

Construct
Nov 9, 2004
The Dopefish said:
I think that this thread has a 70% chance of evolving into a political thread.
Gotta do something about that:

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS LOVE AND KISSES FREEDOM FRIES

togmkn

tog-em-kay-en
Jun 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS LOVE AND KISSES FREEDOM FRIES
OK, here's one. What's the point of having a "support our troops" bumper sticker? I've only seen one company that makes those that donated a certain percent of their profits to the U.S. Army. The others are just like, "SUPPORT OUR TROOPS. SUPPORT AMERICA." And I'm just like, "OK, will do." I love it when you see one on the back of a Japanese SUV. It's polluting the America you say we should support, and your method of pollution is imported.

I remember when the war first started, people tied yellow ribbons around trees. I really wonder if the troops even knew that those ribbons were there, and if they did, if it would have meant anything at all to them. I dunno.

Last edited:

togmkn

tog-em-kay-en
Jun 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
I had in mind the Brigham Young University Cougars, who have been beaten by the University of Utah Utes since day one. BYU used to be good, like Notre Dame. But they're a total has-been, whereas the Utes are going up. But both BYU and Notre Dame are doing OK this season, so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.