How'd you get yer name?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

HuggyBear

manta claus
Feb 23, 2004
Turns2Ashes said:
How the hell did you come up with Zyzygy? It's so off-the-wall random... :con: Someone must have a bug on your computer to steal all the names you make up and make money off of them.

Honestly, I don't remember how I came up with it - all the cool names were probably taken already; it was just some random nonsense of which I'm prone to spouting. Imagine my surprise at seeing Syzygy for the first time!

Someone at Epic probably saw me online one night....
[Epic guy 1:] Man, that Zyzygy guy sucks!
[Epic guy 2:] Let's make a stupid bot and steal his name for it!
[Epic guy 1:] LOL
[Epic guy 2:] OMG ROOFLE

HuggyBear

manta claus
Feb 23, 2004
Dark Pulse said:
Hey, I had no computer. What'd you expect me to do, plug my appendage into a phone jack? It's not that thin, man. :p

You must not have had the sweet dumpsters I had access to. I don't know how many machines I've built from other people's trash.

Of course, I'm an old man. I'd been on the net for years before Mosaic came out (and online in one way, shape or form for even longer,) and I remember saying, the first day it was available, "Who's gonna want to wait to download all this crap? It'll never stick! Wait, are those boobies?"

CBA

Proud ::VeC:: Member
Oct 31, 2004
Belgium
vec.be
Rofl

My nick CBA long story, when i was a young boy i played on those game machines here in the neighbourhood, i was very good at bubble bobble, i could easy get to a certain level to be number 1 in the highscores, but you could only enter 3 characters, so first character C is from my last name, and BA is from my first, wich is Bart, after a while ppl were looking for a guy who call himselfs CBA to play bubble bobble with.

Well then everyone refered to me as CBA instead of Bart ...

dub

Feb 12, 2002
proud to be an I-net noob

Dark Pulse said:
When I first began to hit the 'net in Early 2001
same year I also started on the internet for the first time \o/

Growler

Jul 26, 2004
I don't know why no-one else has called themselves Growler before. It sounds pretty mean and could be comon, but.... *shrugs* anyway, I'm more than glad about that! :p

the closest anyone's got it 'Gowerlypuff' from the UK PCZone guys! (which I've only just noticed recently) lol

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
SlayerDragon said:
... a dragon that slays...
I was under the impression you were a slayer of dragons. :eek:
You know, with the Doom avatar, and the occasional slaying of me...Who could blame me?

So Syzygy is the combining of two feet into a single metrical unit in classical prosody. I must admit I didn't know that...and that I still don't know what it means ;)

@CBA: man, that brought back memories :) Bubble bobble was awesome (considering my age back then)

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
From school/college i had a gerat many names, Shaggy, scraecrow, jesus, etc. T'is the price paid for having long hair and being generally scruffy.

The name that stuck was Tricky, that, in difference to my other names was not inspired by my general appearance but aparently my facial expression and behaviour. :S
Basically on television was a dragon called Tricky, to whom i shared facial espressions and aparently i growl a lot. *Shrugs!*

Thus when i came to create an online name it came off the back of a dragon, i made it a shadow dragon for mystery and stuff, more interesting. (I was a teenager i had a lot to prove.)

All my close friends call me Tricky now though, infact i dated a girl for four months once before she asked me what my real name was.

NUmber 1 hated question =
"Why're you called Tricky? Do you skate!"

Da Spadger

Insert stupid title here.
Jul 16, 2004
I got mine from the demo of worms 3D. One of the worms was called Da Spadger. I thought "Hey, thats much better than *sskicker. ^^" and after that it has been my online nick.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
Hanover_Fist said:
Cartoon character from the movie Heavy Metal.

I don't use it online anymore, I go by "Han".

Do you know just how man "Han"s pop up on my buddy list! The other night there were two of them on the same server! They were playing AS, and if I recall you don't care for AS.

So, I don't know if I've seen you playing lately or not. I got tired of joining a server and spaning "Hanover, is that you?"

Why don't you just change your name to "player"? ;)

Last edited:

dub

Feb 12, 2002
I've always wondered where Scumgrief came from... trully evil name :)
DeepDubTrauma - sounds like you've read to many of my posts though...

HuggyBear

manta claus
Feb 23, 2004
-AEnubis- said:
If syzygy didn't already have a definition, I might believe that ;)

Does anyone else thing of mushrooms when they see ROOFLES?

Fascinating! I had no idea a similar word existed.

ROOFLES makes you think of mushrooms?