1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

How'd you get yer name?

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 2003/2004' started by BooGiTyBoY, Nov 18, 2004.

1. MrMaddog

MrMaddog Flak Monkey

I got my nickname "Maddog" from my best friend iback in high school. I was a small scrawny kid at the time, so I was always having to defend myself from the bullies. What I lack in size and strength, I more than made up for in sharp wit sarcasim and cocky attitude. :D

In college when I first got on the Internet ten years ago, yes the "super highway" fad, I used Maddog but then so was everyone else in the chat rooms. So I added the "Mr." part to make it more distinglished, not to mention to try to command some respect as well. :eek:

Well living up to my nick i've gotten into a lot of flame battles (on the defensive, of course) in both newsgroups and chat rooms. But now I'm older I don't feel the need to get into that sort of stuff anymore, though my sarcastic nature still remains intact. :rolleyes:

And to this day this is the nick I've used for Team Fortress and the Unreal games... ;)

2. edhe

edhe ..dadhe..

Someone gets a cookie!

i pronounce it ed`, sorta like edduh, edh`h, eydi

3. SoraUT

SoraUT Flanking your ass since 1812

I got my name from a character in the Kingdom Hearts game. I thought that the character Sora was kick ass so ive been using it on most forums i go to. I think you clever people can figure out why theres a UT at the end. And now you know.

4. [MUTTS] Hiteche5

[MUTTS] Hiteche5 Rodney-like

and knowing is half the battle...

5. -AEnubis-

-AEnubis- fps greater than star

Roofles...

Truffles...

I'm not as big into chocolate as I am into fungus, so when I hear truffles, I think of the mushroom.

6. BooGiTyBoY

BooGiTyBoY The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR

Care to bet money on that? You'll lose.. trust me. I know my FF, and my Pitchshifter ;).

How appropriate:
    LOL :lol: YO JOE!!!

Here's a little trivia question for Scum.

What movie featured Scumgrief (Deep Dub Trauma Mix), which was also their first time on a movie soundtrack. NO CHEATING WITH INTARWEB SEARCH!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2004
  7. Lei Hng Wei

Lei Hng Wei The magnificent!

Lei Hng Wei is my Chinese name spelled with a Japanese scheme to form 3x3x3.

Lei (lay) family name Lee in Japanese kinda means plum
    Hng (hoong) male; hero; great leader; superiority; excellence
    Wei (way) great; famous; remarkable; excellent

Hng Wei imposing; grand; magnificent

So I'm like the magnificent plum. :lol:

8. Exfinite

Exfinite I am simple, therefore this is simple.

mmmm good
    real good

;)

9. Sindarin

Sindarin I posted in the RO-me thread
    and all I got was
    a pink username!

After seeing the first "Lord of the Rings" movies I read the book and knew I had to pick up a screen name from it. I figured all the main character names would be used by a ton of people. While reading through the Appendices I came upon "Sindarin", which is actually an Elven dialect. Liked the way it sounded so I stuck with that.

10. Bono

Bono Third Eye Open

My in-game name is EQUINOX. This is the day when every point on the earth will have 12 hours of daylight and 12 hours of darkness. I thought it was a cool name, because the equinox could be interpreted as the fragile balance between good and evil. Unfortunately this name wasn't available as forum name anymore.

So I tried my nickname Bono, which is a short form of my last name (and has nothing to do with the singer of the band U2)... and obviously it worked :D

Last edited: Nov 21, 2004
  11. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Wandering spirit

Equinox...cool name.
    But I have to admit I really thought your nick was U2-related ;)

12. Bono

Bono Third Eye Open

Actually a lot of people do :D

13. BoboThePenguin

BoboThePenguin Bird. Bird. Bird. Bird is the word.

In seventh grade I drew a penguin. Named Bobo. The full name was "Bobo The Schytzophrenic Penguin". :p My friends and I were going to make a flash series about him, but we're lazy.

14. edhe

edhe ..dadhe..

eydhi

15. Dark Pulse

Dark Pulse Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.

Yeah, I'm willing to bet money on it. You tell me how much, and I'll prove you wrong and expect payment. :)

16. CyMek

CyMek Dead but not gone.

What is he going to have to pay it in though? Pints of blood? Stuffed animals?

17. Dark Pulse

Small bits of string, some moss, a dead vole, whatever...

18. TyeFang

TyeFang Ambassador

I created my name about 14 years ago. The first character to hold the name TyeFang was a D&D thief-assassin. I have been tempted occasionally to change it over the years but have stuck with it because its unique, and i have always liked the way it sounds.

...and i can always hope old friends from past games may see my name someday and say hi. :)

19. BooGiTyBoY

BooGiTyBoY The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...8175-2742529?v=glance&s=videogames&vi=reviews

ALthough I'd like to smack this reviewer for saying this:

...and it's on this album.
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...102-1188175-2742529?v=glance&s=music&n=507846

I demand free passage w/ flag on fragBU for the next month as payment. :lol: !!!

You were close! Their first soundtrack was "Hideaway" with Jeff Goldblum which was released like 2 months before Johnny Mnemonic :) (and was a much better movie!) :)

Last edited: Nov 22, 2004
  20. Dark Pulse

Dude, I went and ripped the Intro from Test Drive 5, which has Pitchshifter playing "Genius." Trust me, I've got you here.

If I have to upload the video to my site to prove you wrong, I will. :p

The only video of Fear Factory on Test Drive 5 is "Replica." Perhaps they did more songs for in-game, but Pitchshifter did the Intro, believe me.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2004