Honor? In deathmatch?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

skaet`en

Ninja Assassin
to me, online games (specifically deathmatch) are more than just "get as many frags as possible in whatever way possible." they're a gathering place for friends to have fun and that's how i want others to view the game. not as something to take as seriously as they can but to just enjoy the experience. if you want serious competition then go enter a comp or something, there's lots of them around.

i have my own personal honour system when i'm in game. i treat people how i'd expect to be treated. that means i don't frag them when they're lagging, i don't frag them within the first 5 seconds of spawning (i at least give them a chance at getting a weapon and armour before slaughtering them! :p) and if they're facing a wall in a corner then it usually means that they're in the menu tweaking settings, or typing a chat message. who knows, they might be trying to type "nice shot man!" when i come along and shoot them in the back for a free frag. then the message they were typing changes to "screw you a$$hole." it just completely changes the game dynamics. i also understand that these people who play online, do so in their spare time. so when they need to get up to do something (use your imagination there ;)) and their character just stands there. i might shoot them a couple times with a low damage weapon and when they don't respond then i leave them alone. common courtesy. it's just rude and a dirty way to get free frags.

i remember way back in the quake 2 days when this kind of honour was implanted deeply in every player. every match was fun and no one got pissed off when they lost because the other guys didn't keep fragging them when all they were trying to say was "nice shot." here's hoping this kind of honour system makes a return soon, otherwise online gaming is just going to go to hell!

Last edited:

Pope

Jan 21, 2000
Visit site
I have my ups and downs. If I'm in a bad mood or the worst player on the server, I frag everything. If I'm in a good mood and I'm doing well I start thinking of ways to be "honorable". What others do to me? I couldn't care less. I don't mind getting type-killed, spawn-raped, camper-sniped, deemer-gibbed, anything.

PS: I'm talking about DM