Future of the franchise?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Still haven't tried UT4 and not in too much of a hurry, but I'm getting back into the UT series this week, hopefully (still have a sh*tload of maps I haven't even tried yet for UT3/UT2004/UT). We'll see how it goes from there, but I'm short of $$$; something will have to happen for me to get a system that can run UT4 decently.

oldkawman

Master of Your Disaster
I have been playing UT4 since 11/15 and find most iterations to be similar to UT3 and UT2. I can move back and forth between these games without any real issues. Sure, some of the builds in UT4 were bad for whatever reason, testing weapon changes for several, movement tweaks/changes, and whatever else they do. Every build adds to what is already there. This last build had a stats upgrade. The UI is clunky still, new stuff added every build.

So, it's still a work in progress. As of last update, there are only 3-4 finished maps. Chill is the latest. The others all have WIP, work in progress, listed. The last build is very nice I think. I am no pro, but movement is now faster and farther like between UT2 and UT3, but no DD or DJ at all now. Another experiment to see how everyone likes it. Reflex was out there, still is. I prefer the UT movement and weapons. Maybe Epic is trying to lure that genre over.

But, I would like to go back to the map list after each offline match and not to the main page, this is the same as current UT3 does it. The UT4 UI IMO is already better than what UT3 had. I don't think we will see one like UT2004 again unless the community makes it.

Many players from older UT games are playing UT4. They already have CTF teams, some clans are also playing ctf. I recognize many names from Beer Drinkers and a couple other servers. Not ready for beta though, cause it's not finished, kina obvious if you look at everything closely. I can't even guess what all is left before they move to beta. Still some known issues there.

I was playing UT4 friday night untill 4:30am (US East Coast) with good players, some much better, some worse. Good matches, all night.

I play on i7-2600K and GTX780 on epic quality and get great FPS, you will need more ram for UT4, 8 gb. You will need a 4 core cpu. Not optimized for AMD right now according to the forums.