FLyby intro fails

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
So, in conclusion, here's the full guide for those who don't have the issue fixed yet:

This is how to fix the Unreal II intro problem that appears in Vista and Windows 7:

1. Download the Windows 2003 DirectMusic fix from here or here.
2. Extract it and open the folder named "system32" in it. Note their names, then go to C:\Windows\Sytem32 (32-bit systems) or C:\Windows\SysWOW64 (64-bit systems). Find matching DLLs and back them up.
3. Create a System Restore point just in case.
4. Replace the corresponding DLLs in C:\Windows\Sytem32 (32-bit systems) or C:\Windows\SysWOW64 (64-bit systems) with those that you found in the downloaded archive by using Replacer or doing it manually.
5. Restart the system and check if the problem is gone.
6. If not, open the Registry Keys folder in the archive and apply them all (32-bit systems only). Note: Needs testing if this is required or not.
7. Restart again and the problem should be fixed.

The problem itself was caused by Microsoft bundling a srtipped-down version of DirectMusic with Windows Vista and up which doesn't support all of the DirectMusic Script commands, thus breaking the Unreal II intro and probably more games.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
What a nightmare.

Replacer sh*t's it'self, and the 'manual' way doesn't work. It's got a problem with the 'cacls' command, and wants me to use 'Icacls' or something. I tried that, but now it doesn't understand the '/G' part. I know nothing about this CMD crap.

You would have problem using MS DOS (it is still based on that, the cmd stuff) or even Unix stuff then I guess.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Like I've said, I just used Linux to bypass Windows entirely, but that might be even more difficult to do if you don't have a Linux CD or an installation :)

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
This is ridiculous. I've tried every different command I can find, but I can't get rid of those worthless f*cking files.

Who's deleted them on Windows 7 x64? Tell me exactly what method you used.

Not me, but I managed to delete them in Vista and if you can manage to do it on that piece of crap, then why wouldn't win 7 work? And also keep in mind you have to account for the different dir names.

Status
Not open for further replies.