FluXs Thoughts - 4th June 2005

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dest

DA Team
Oct 6, 2004
bikini bottom tbh!
looks cool so far!

I think you should hide the chainwheels(?) on front, perhaps back also. then the bottom is pretty done i'd say.
Like Tow said many details can be added with the skin!

A big turrets would fit perfectly!!

scott_bris

Defence Alliance Modeller
Jan 27, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
www.artofscott.com
looking good..before it gets out of hand there is a lot of poly wastage here

tank38sb.jpg

Try welding the verticies like it is shown. and for the circle thing remember, smoothing goups can do wonders.

Oh, and arent you using reference images?

Hyperforce

Apr 26, 2005
netherlands
scott_bris said:
Try welding the verticies like it is shown. and for the circle thing remember, smoothing goups can do wonders.

Oh, and arent you using reference images?

uhm, no :p

I've used soft edges for the vehicles smoothyness.
except for that 3d one.

Last edited:

Dest

DA Team
Oct 6, 2004
bikini bottom tbh!
Wooh! im in love!

one thing you should delete those round things, the bolts on the armor on front and those small pins on the side. That can be added with the skin!

Last edited:

Hunz

...aka [A|K]Leviathan, mkay?
Jan 7, 2002
Jail
www.arschkeKse.de.vu
Very nice modeling! You just have to remove those tiny details dest mentioned.

Looks like youre going for that Coloman-design. My suggestions for the turret are these:
Make it a bit flatter - otherwise the turret looks too cute (big head, small body - baby tank).
Add some sharp edges (or some prominent blocks of reactive armor - see T-90).
Use two barrels (positioned like in your first design).
...the rest can be the same.

And please add some small, secondary gun for the driver (perhaps a flamethrower at the front?). A gunner should be required to operate the turret (teamplay!).

Last edited:

Dest

DA Team
Oct 6, 2004
bikini bottom tbh!
Hunz said:
Very nice modeling! You just have to remove those tiny details dest mentioned.

Looks like youre going for that Coloman-design. My suggestions for the turret are these:
Make it a bit flatter - otherwise the turret looks too cute (big head, small body - baby tank).
Add some sharp edges (or some prominent blocks of reactive armor - see T-90).
Use two barrels (positioned like in your first design).
...the rest can be the same.

And please add some small, secondary gun for the driver (perhaps a flamethrower at the front?). A gunner should be required to operate the turret (teamplay!).

big turret looks good tbh!
and why 2 barrels? one is good!

FluXs

old skool
Feb 12, 2002
United Kingdom
looking great, but yeah little details like screws can be textured, as long as parts of the tank are easy to texture, an artist can put all kinds of detail into it, also those footsteps can just be flat, they dont need to have slightly raised edges.

Looks cool btw, :)

Hyperforce

Apr 26, 2005
netherlands
update, I've got a little break form the Maya Fundamentals class Alltrough I really hope those DVD's arrive today :rolleyes:

UPDATE: DVD's Arrived :)

tank.jpg

Last edited: