DM-InnerCity

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GNAT

Jan 4, 2001
WWW.TeamMuf.COM
I must say I am even more impressed now than I was with all the pics I saw. The sigs have been seemlessly integrated into an already enveloping environment. I am going to try my best to start looking at the points in which u can get out of the map, and the player spawns. This I believe would be a great addition to any server given the proper placement of team spawns and keeping people in the map.

I was completely losted the entire time I playe it. I can't imagine the amount of teamwork and tactics that could be implemented into this map. It would more or less put your team in the middle of a urban war zone and puts you to the test.

Would it be better to have one team setup as snipers? with an infiltrating team? or the good ole one side one team? Lets talk about the best way to get this implemented into INF. I would be glad to work with it.

[Delta]Predator

Mar 24, 2001
Behind you...
www.phillipsfam.com
OMG. This map obviously shows that you take a LOT of pride in your work, I mean, I noticed all these little things like crushed pepsi cans and trash on the ground, how incredibly amazing. You even made my sig blink! Yeah! Angleheart, you've won my respect completely. Thanks man!

jon

Feb 14, 2000
Visit site
There's a lot more places to leave than that. When you spend over a month inside a map there isn't much you don't know about it. Anyone spotted the BSP hidden behind the boxes in the upstairs room through the green door in the alley. And I hope everyone has tried the passage under the car lift in the garage. I just never was no good a finishing anything off. I only like the creative bit at the begining,like the crushed Pepesi cans. I just paint pretty pictures, bad excuse I know, but I've never been accused of being a level designer, thank goodness ;)

the vrrc

noexistant user
Jun 16, 2001
Visit site
What is that phrase? uber-1337? Can't wait to d'load it. When (if) the INF version comes out, I'll delete the current one and replace that... but will I have to delete textures too, or just the map itself?

You are one great level designer. ;)

but I've never been accused of being a level designer

Now you have.

Amazing work of art.

5 minutes to download. Mostlikely worth it. Now to test and sleep!

Last edited:

Alpha_9

Infiltration lead level designer
Jun 1, 2000
Washington State
When Los converts this to INF (something I trust he intends to do ;)) a few well-placed block-player actors can easily block the ways out of the map. No need to change any of the brushes or anything. I can imagine how ticklish the BSP is in a map like this... :eek:

Oh, and I concur w/ all the lavish praise people are giving the map. If you're not a great level designer, AH, I don't know who is...

GNAT

Jan 4, 2001
WWW.TeamMuf.COM
yea I counted somewhere around 6 ways out. They are all pretty obvious though. And yes I did notice the bsp cut around the two boxes in the little window room.

And yes alpha I dont think anything needs to be changed on the map just like u said a few added things will make it ready along with team spawns.

best way to play :D

pick up "MARKED FOR DEATH"
and "STUFF SWAPPER"

in marked for death all players maynot kill eachother, you just walk around. in the upper left hand screen a name will appear. thats you BOUNTY.

you have to run around the map looking for THAT one guy, and execute him. also there is a HUNTED which is trying to do the same for you. You can ONLY kill your Bounty for points, and you HUNTED for nothing but to stop him.

killing innocent will give you a negative frag

next in stuff swapper you remove ALL weapons, includeing starting weapons. then put only a few pistol like weapon pickups.

You get that really cool assassins feeling that any one can be a bad guy. and works with BOTS :D

Zach10k

The AeroMaggot
Apr 6, 2001
NY
Visit site
Angelheart has just created the single most incredible map on the UT engine. I started up a match with no bots, and just walked around for half an hour in this thing, and I still haven't covered the entire map. Great job Angelheart, you are unparalleled in the mapping community!

PC, where can I get those mutators?

Gullonefox

TBUILDT Webmaster/Mapper
Nov 27, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
Indeed he is! Awesome eye for detail matched with a fantastic skill for mapping!

Angel heart wanna have somthing that extra bit special in your map? Well I can take shot for you of a bike from an old tv series called street hawk.. add that to your map :) would be a really nice easter egg or sommit :)

streethawk4th.jpg

streethawk11th.jpg

streethawkth.jpg

Up to you if you wanna use it.. but if yah do I can take shots of this bike from all the angles you need!

jon

Feb 14, 2000
Visit site
If you.d like to take a side front and maybe back shot, and post them or mail them to me. I'll put it in next street map. Might be a little while though. This last one nearly got the better of me in work load.

Gullonefox

TBUILDT Webmaster/Mapper
Nov 27, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
Ok Np let me know when your gonna start a map and Ill get those pics for you... The way I was thinking would be to take a full Above pic of the bike .. one side on front and one back?

Btw downloading your map as I write this.. Im really looking forward to this one!

DLL

Chrysolyte
Mar 12, 2001
Angelheart,

I got the map to load and it's sweet. :tup:

I thought I had explored the whole map when I found the subway section... very cool.

Zach10k

The AeroMaggot
Apr 6, 2001
NY
Visit site
It'll probably be a while before we see an INF version though, RealMaps has been really slow lately. Maybe if one of us did it?

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
:eek:
This map is the greatest single peice of toil and creativity I have ever seen.
It makes me want to create something by just looking at it.
All the normal things I look for in a map, like flow, chokepoints, framerate, speed... They don't even matter. Its hard to believe that this came out of a game editor.
You must enjoy your work, its evident in your maps :tup:

WhackZero

whack0
Sep 13, 2000
bellevue, wa
members.cox.net
wow wow.... oh wow

it took me 5 long hours to finish downloading this masterpiece, and boy, was it well worth it. i spent an hour just exploring, and i'm pretty sure i havent seen everything yet. i popped in 10 bots afterwards, and had a helluva time with the inf lite mutator (despite dropping its frame rates to 10's).

one minor glitch i noticed was that my frag counter was counting -1000 for every kill i get... so i'll never reach my limit of 20 frags. i know you want us to take our time enjoying yer map, but this is rediculous :D

anyways, angelheart, thanks for makin my new fave map.