Comments Rules: Terms and Conditions

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Fair enough

NeoNite said:
Hmm..well you know..

Nah! I won't reveal my secret.

:)
Fair enough and I'm sure we all have some sort of secret. That's the interesting thing about the internet, how identities can be concealed or manufactured at will.

Personally I don't believe in multiple aliases. I'm willing to stand by the one handle and one avataar.

Have a nice day........

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Manticore said:
Fair enough and I'm sure we all have some sort of secret. That's the interesting thing about the internet, how identities can be concealed or manufactured at will.

Personally I don't believe in multiple aliases. I'm willing to stand by the one handle and one avataar.

Have a nice day........

One avatar? Over my dead body!
Change is good (most of the times). I couldn't possibly stand keeping the same avatar!!!!

Would be horrible.

On this other forum I have to reach 200 posts to use a custom avy!
But the thing is, I don't like going there. Well, not that much really. So different from Buf, and hardly any people posting.
I've been there for more than 3 years, and posted... 110 times.
(Well, technicall it's been more than 4 years. But the forums had undergone some .. changes.. way back in may 2001.)

Well... 90 more posts to go.
And once I've reached the 200 posts frontier, they'll most likely consider deleting the forums ;-)

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
the dumbest comment ever

julian141
10-23-2004 06:51 AM EDT
map looks great, but could somebody tell me where i get the mod for vctf, i want to be able to play on them and download them.

http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=7883

julian141
10-22-2004 11:39 AM EDT
could every one please stop putting this realistic-looking stuff, its getting very anoying.

http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=7886

julian141
10-24-2004 02:27 PM EDT Rating: 6
did you make this map specialy to bring it out at halloween
EDIT - i had nothing better to do than make stupid remarks

http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=7889

and one time i saw him put a 4 to a 'near-Epic-map'
and 10 to a 4 'min-to-make-map'

plz next stupid thing he does , ban him plz , he really anoying around nc3

edit: well , i just founded one good coment from him:

julian141
10-24-2004 03:29 AM EDT Rating: 8
Very interesting, nalicity does need more dominations, good work!

http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=7887

and one on my map :rolleyes: (ctf-vector)

Last edited:

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Whatever/fair enough........

NeoNite said:
One avatar? Over my dead body!
Change is good (most of the times). I couldn't possibly stand keeping the same avatar!!!!

Would be horrible.
I sort of look at the avataar as a trademark (ahem; golden arches, dynamic ribbons anyone?)

But may be I'm just too lazy to change. I did think of keeping the avataar and chaning my username just to be different but that would probably be impossible without reregistering and, again, I'm too lazy to care (probably).

Over my dead body!

I don't know if that's such a good choice of words in these forums, but with respect, I think we are getting a bit off-topic and should probably get back to comments: terms and conditions.

So; perhaps some of what I said above could be used as indicators of flaming in progress or impending flaming which is what the new rules are supposed to stop. Phrases such as:
"You've got a bad attitude." (This one is pretty old school and has very limited usage these days).

"You have serious problems." (This is usually accompanied by the qualifying extension "dude".)

"You have serious issues." (Again the extension "dude" map apply).

"What are you smoking?"

"What drugs are you on?"

What drugs aren't you on?"
And when it comes to people flaming in the map comments there is always that old chestnut:

"You are a noob."

Personally I always have considered that one to be particularly sh*thouse....

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Manticore said:
I don't know if that's such a good choice of words in these forums

I think I know exactly what to do and say in these forums

<- Points at join date.

I've seen and been through quite a lot.

Last edited:

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
So?

Kantham said:
julian141
map looks great, but could somebody tell me where i get the mod for vctf, i want to be able to play on them and download them.

http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=7883

julian141
could every one please stop putting this realistic-looking stuff, its getting very anoying.

http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=7886

julian141

http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=7889

and one time i saw him put a 4 to a 'near-Epic-map'
and 10 to a 4 'min-to-make-map'

plz next stupid thing he does , ban him plz , he really anoying around nc3

edit: well , i just founded one good coment from him:

julian141
10-24-2004 03:29 AM EDT Rating: 8
Very interesting, nalicity does need more dominations, good work!

http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=7887

and one on my map :rolleyes: (ctf-vector)
Maybe his comments are lame, maybe not but it seems you have something against him or her because something was posted against one of your maps. Why should this poster be banned? They are not flaming anyone or using insulting language. As far as I am concerned they are entitled to their opinions as long as they state them fairly. I don't know them and I don't really care about them or their comments.

Which brings me to my next point. If you want to post this type of thing there is a best comments thread where they belong. This thread is about the comments: rules and conditions.

And you just asked for this. As far as rules and conditions apply these comments, quoted below, DO fall outside the terms and conditions.
VCTF-Midnight
Kantham
10-16-2004 02:15 PM EDT Rating: 0.5
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

bobnine?!!! ,

i think a haved helped you in the forum -----

look

plz lern how to map alright

===========================
UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2004-09-07_17.17]

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1792 MHz with 511MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 (6177)

Assertion failed: d2->OverlapModels.FindItemIndex(pair->model1) == INDEX_NONE [File:.KFarfield.cpp] [Line: 545]

Histoire: KHelloModelPair
=======================================

read this tut , it should help alotwww.angelmapper.com

FOR THE MAP , yes let me tell ya sommething ,

juge to the ratting , its a pain in the ass ,

1st

-VERY BAD BOT SUPPORT
-VERY BAD FPS (somme thing like 1 to 190 fps)
-CRUSH WHEN YOU GO INSIDE OF THE KIND OF 1 FPS WARE HOUSE WHIT REPETITIVE BOXS THAT GIVE YOU THE (ARGGGGGHHHH) FREAK!
-VERY BAD SKYBOX (ok , nice flak meteor)
-LOOKS LIKE HELL (Very bad use of fog , and no light source at somme places
-PAINFULL FILE SIZE = USLESS PLACE ON HARDDRIVE THE MAP IS KANDA 38MB UNPACKED AND 1.7 MB BMP SCREENSHOT , YA NEED TO LERN HOW TO CONVERT BMP TO JPEG TOO?
-I LOVE REDFIST MAP *sigh*

I Wait for your next work

take example on VCTF slax for good fps and basic gameplay + good bot suport http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=7698

and btw: My GF map better than u ROFLMAO /me runs

EDIT:LOL ,LOLLLLLLLL

no new comp neden , you need to zone and put antiportal dude , what a mess! / ME HIDE!!!!!!!

And yes i helped you my name is Zetamillenium
the sky box is flat and simple , And Don't fit whit the anoying fog

bobnine
10-16-2004 04:08 AM EDT
The low fps you got was probably 50% the fault of you needing a newer computer.And I don't see whats wrong with the skybox.

BTW,you've never helped me on forum.

DM-DrPepper2004
Kantham
10-18-2004 01:13 AM EDT
@ tombRaider

, yes , avril gun Rulez against Infrantry , if you can't kill a target , keopp practice like me , and you will see , instead , let me call you n000b
DM-Haunted_Halloween
Kantham
10-24-2004 04:31 PM EDT
this julian guy have serious trouble , its not the first time he post a comment whitout playing a map

julian141

julian141
///(lol. i laught at him eatch time i read this)

look at my map , he gives it a 8 , on screenshot , it worth a 8 , when you play it , its around 6-7

sure its his opinion , but im alomost sure , he don't play them ,

@ julian , plz map , and then , just see how mapper make effort to make those map you rate low

DM-Sniperfield
Shao
10-22-2004 07:14 PM EDT Rating: 5.5
damn man what are you , a noob? oh you must be a new user ( lfmao )

nice idea but......

Here's a stupid remark. You didn't comment on the map (which means you probably didn't play it) and you posted this, which basically shows no respect for ther mapper; no matter if their map is good, bad or indifferent:
DM-Valley_of_peace
Kantham
10-19-2004 12:05 AM EDT
peace?
Do you recognise any of these comments Kantham?

So it's o.k. for you to post stupid remarks against other peoples' work, but as soon as someone posts stupid remarks or rags on one of your maps it's not o.k.; is that it? Then they are annoying and should be banned.

There are tons of maps in this database now where you have just posted a one word stupid comment. No appraisal of the mappers work and (obviously) no respect for them. It's just a round about way for you to tell them you are better than them (at least you think you are) and that you want to advertise that. But it's o.k. for this type of behaviour to go on as long as you are not on the receiving end, is that right?

I think that if they were thinking of banning Julian "what's his name" for what was said which, as far as I can tell, is just honest opinion, they should ban for these comments quoted above. They definitely do not conform to the new rules and these comments were made since these rules were brought in.

So what is your problem with this guy again? Oh, right. It isn't so good when the shoe is on the other foot kicking you in the head instead is it?

Well, if they were going to ban annoying people they would have banned me a long time ago. I might be a total arsehole but at least I'm not a hypocrite like you.

Last edited:

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
So?

NeoNite said:
I think I know exactly what to do and say in these forums

<- Points at join date.

I've seen and been through quite a lot.
I personally don't give a rat's arse about joining dates or some sense of seniority or anything else. All that does for me is come across as sounding elitist. If you want to notch up your gun barrel in that way that's fine but I don't really take any notice of it...

I personally only take notice of what people say, not how long they have been saying it.

So, with respect, it doesn't matter to me whether you have one post or nine thousand; it's the quality of what you post that I find interesting (or not as the case may be).

Additional: As previously stated this is getting a bit off topic for this thread.

I've got work to do now; have a nice day...

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Manticore said:
I personally don't give a rat's arse about joining dates or some sense of seniority or anything else. All that does for me is come across as sounding elitist. If you want to notch up your gun barrel in that way that's fine but I don't really take any notice of it...

I personally only take notice of what people say, not how long they have been saying it.

So, with respect, it doesn't matter to me whether you have one post or nine thousand; it's the quality of what you post that I find interesting (or not as the case may be).

Wasn't my intention to come across as elitist, or "pimp my postcount".
I simply said, that the fact that I've been here for quite a while helps me giving a good insight in how to interact with other forumers.

I've made mistakes oh yes I've messed up before, but I've learned from them. The primary reason I'm here is to help people out. I know a lot about UT/Unreal, and I'll gladly pass on my knowledge.

Oh yes, and about being an arse: Not the way to go. Don't bring your bad temper to the forums. Bad idea. Been there, done that. Brought me nothing but headaches.
Why? Well, like I said I love this place.

There are already too many *******s, be it online or "irl". I decide not to be part of this ugly crowd.
Doesn't mean I'm a pushover though. Hell no. ^_^

And what I hate most, is elitism. Be it on forums, or in the game.
I despice it.
Elitists=motards.

That simple.

You have a nice day as well, manticore :O)

MassChAoS

echo "NaliCity";
May 23, 2002
www.chaoticdreams.org
I'm more disappointed in lack of proper sentences / words that make sense than I am disappointed in any user showing ignorance. Its more of a waste of time to try to figure out what someone is saying... english is your friend, slang abbreviations are not.

Note: this comment is not directed towards those that actually try to type english.

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Fair enough

MassChAoS said:
I'm more disappointed in lack of proper sentences / words that make sense than I am disappointed in any user showing ignorance. Its more of a waste of time to try to figure out what someone is saying... english is your friend, slang abbreviations are not.

Note: this comment is not directed towards those that actually try to type english.
Can't argue with that....

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
Aw C'mon man who gives a rats arse about the correctness,as long as the point gets through.It's kinda fun to decipher,it's not a building that will fall and kill people or a unsafe built car,only type on a page.

aftor all weer knott inglish magers

fare eenuff ?

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
read betwen the lines

julian141

only one time a administrator corected one of my flaming post , on DM-cubic

and for this guy who give -3 to a map becauz the author puted an avril inside the dm map is totaly lame

yes he a n00b and its the true , cauz imho , a avril gun is very effective against infrantry , i can even kill anybody whit Raptor's missiles , only training is good to be adept

finaly

for this VCTF-MINIGHT

you tryed it manticore?
you loved it? (lol)
you got more than 3 fps at somme places?
you admirated this stupid purple fog whit Black N'star ugly sky ,

fog is overlaping , he need a lot of work and 0.5 is the ratting to his map , nothing more is accepted

i gived him tutorial , now he wil need to lern and think before uploading a 2 to 140 fps map ,

and maticore , i can't whait to see you mapping .. :con:

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
Well Kantham did'nt post a zero this time,so he gets the right to speak his mind.
........................................................................................................

But,all this zero posting around here is pretty bad,and the sourcastic tens.

They just to follow the crowd, is all it is.