1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Checking in...

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by RaekwoN, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Ping/-\

Ping/-\ Tent Pitcher

Wow, my login worked! I’ve been thinking about INF recently and had to check in to see if anything was alive after all of these years.

2. Nitchell

Nitchell Member

3. Fat Marrow

Fat Marrow Vegetable

It went... and now it's back... *kicks thread*

4. Beppo

Beppo Infiltration Lead-Programmer

Thanks for the kick - got me a push (up) too ;)

Fat Marrow likes this.
  5. spm1138

spm1138 Irony Is

OMG Beppo!

6. Fat Marrow

Fat Marrow Vegetable

Beppooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

7. The Great Sephiroth

The Great Sephiroth Member

Beppo, I would kill for a new Infiltration on UE4 or 5. I was programming in C in 1995 and I have been doing C++ since. Linux and Windows. If you need a code-monkey not in a MS-proprietary language, I will volunteer my time. I still run my Inf server from way back then...

8. Fat Marrow

Fat Marrow Vegetable

PSA that modding in Ground Branch isn't far off... a little birdie tells me that some ex Inf players might be helping the devs with a new DTAS implementation... yours truly has been updating a few old Inf maps as well. Do drop by here if you'd be interested to know more https://discord.gg/6CuycPjzxN

(It also looks possible that - unlike many other games - you might be able to do modding in GB using c++ if the mood takes you, though they're now using lua for a lot of stuff, e.g. game modes, and that's pretty handy)

(of course we would all love to see a new Infiltration, and I'd be happy to help if that happened, but in the meantime, Ground Branch gets close and can in due course be modded closer...)

9. Beppo

Beppo Infiltration Lead-Programmer

Same here, but getting enough spare time for modding nowadays is really a problem - at least for me.
    But UE5 is on the horizon and will be checked out as soon as possible.
    In the meantime maybe Fat Marrows suggestion is something for you. GB is great and the team behind it deserves all types of support.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
  10. The Great Sephiroth

The Great Sephiroth Member

I'll be honest, I have zero interest in modding alone. I would love to help bring a new Inf to fruition whether as another mod (I own GB) or a standalone product (UE5?). I did some mutators and minor modding back in UT99 and UT2003/2004, but nothing as massive as Inf. You guys were years ahead of the curve, and I still don't see a suitable replacement.

I'd rather work with guys like you should you make the move, but I do understand time. Back then I was a teen and early 20's, single, no worries. Now I have a mortgage, car payments, wife, and child. Man where does time go?

11. ragingsamster

ragingsamster oldfartis nongratis

Checking in, when I joined the Inf community I was checking out a game that my 13 year old played, (he kept playing, which says a lot about my parenting lol!)
    There still has not been a game released that was as impactful as infiltration. It might have been that era, but I loved the innovation that this group achieved. Seriously, triple-A game from a small group of determined folks. Now I'm retired with grandkids. Hats off to memories of a great community!

12. Fat Marrow

Fat Marrow Vegetable

I have an exciting project that I'm working on, but it's not for me to share (also it's still in development), but I seem to have accidentally cut and pasted an extract from the latest Ground Branch patch notes. Can confirm it is true old school version and not some half arsed copy.

Attached Files:

13. Fat Marrow

Fat Marrow Vegetable

The game play is essentially done and working, but I have to debug the random spawns on one particular map and I am waiting for the devs to implement a few features on the UI side (I am just a lowly modder). I have converted more or less everyone who has played it...

14. C.Inigo

C.Inigo INDIGO

15. EGM<NL>E

EGM<NL>E Member

nice lightsabre and i see a jetpack with rocket/missile launcher too :) nice too see you still have interest in develloping stuff

16. EGM<NL>E

EGM<NL>E Member

is this meant for infiltration/coop or for something else ?

17. C.Inigo

C.Inigo INDIGO

Hey EGM, how have you been?
    Well as you can see from the date of that video, it's 8 years old. But you're right--it's a jetpack with radar guided missiles. It was just for fun but I never officially released it.

18. EGM<NL>E

EGM<NL>E Member

well life goes on here even with corona lockdown wich will be loosend soon getting my vaxxinations in june and juli

19. evilgrins

evilgrins God of Fudge

Trying to view profiles and running searches are bringing up error messages, been like this for over a week.

Same goes for creating new threads.

20. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

Sorry all, let me know directly if you see these issues. You can find me on the Discord. I've fixed this issue and made a few changes to hopefully prevent it from happening again.