1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bulletstorm: Bulletpoints With Cliff Bleszinski

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by hal, Jan 8, 2011.

1. N1ghtmare

N1ghtmare Sweet Dreams

u mad, son?

2. shoptroll

shoptroll Active Member

That's basically my reaction to both as well.

3. Vaginal Epiphany

Vaginal Epiphany New Member

I can't say I could agree with any of that. I just think what they're doing is rather unfunny.

4. Bgood

Bgood New Member

I guess irony is lost on some forum users.

I actually think these clips are quite funny.

I'd prefer it though if they showed the PC version had had some special Epic TLC, to justify why PC gamers should grab it.

5. Miko

Miko Mikommander

He mad.

I think these come off as funny little tid bits not really to show the game but are the little things devs do in spare time in prep for a launch. I remember RA3 had the president Ackerman presidential campaign ads.

6. UnrealGrrl

UnrealGrrl Enemy flag carrier is Her!

have to agree... if they were funny i'd give props, but most unfunny 2nd grade toilet humor doesnt rate for a mature rated fps...

it's actually a commentary on the entertainment scene in general, and what passes for comedy these daze. but thats another un-funny thread :) happy new year!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  7. [NBK]Rattman

[NBK]Rattman Goo God

I agree the claptrap stuff was better ...but it also had nothing to with the game and was a way for the developers to do something with the IP besides trailers to keep the game in the minds of players!

I take it with the grain of salt that it was meant to be taken with....I like that the developers are trying to connect with the community in a different kind of way!

8. {Ogre}Spin

{Ogre}Spin New Member

My point also, I'm all for this type of marketing, I totally get that they are aiming for a sort of 'duke nukem' audience, I just didn't think it was funny is all. The latest cliffy clip, however, is bang on the mark for me and made me smile, rather than grimace.

9. shoptroll

shoptroll Active Member

Agreed. I liked the first (Mike Capps) and most recent one. The shooting out a man's ass was just... *wince*

I personally liked the "feel" of the humor in Borderlands. It was goofy and charming without chasing the raunch and shock angle. Bulletstorm feels like the younger sibling who is just trying too hard. The gameplay clips look fun, yet I still have reservations about whether or not the mechanics will hold my attention span until the end.